Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Contestants » Forum Wing Line-up PollsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 20 posts ] 

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Warnings: 0
Right then! The moment you've all (most of you have anyway) been waiting for!

We've had two forum wing line-ups; Billy kindly reposted the signature pics from the last two winning line-ups, which will also be mentioned in the threads on here for fresh memory purposes.

But yes, it is what it says on the tin; your favourite contestant from each wing position. It can be anyone, even if they've already featured or been replaced in a previous line-up. You will have a good couple of weeks to post your favourites before we take it to the polls!

Oh and don't worry, there's no chance of a hung parliament in this vote ;)

In this section you will find 22 threads, one for each wing position. The wing positions are corresponded by a letter and a number. These are more commonly recognised in the Player Positions Archive thread (in the Stats section of the forum) here - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12265

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Power5

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:49 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Good luck with doing this again :lol:

Don't think I will be voting a lot myself as I haven't watched a great deal in recent times, sure nobody can beat the legends of the early days anyway! (Well, perhaps an administrator of this site might put in a challenge, though I think he's in a tough position?)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Hehe probably! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:40 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

All 22 threads are now up for people to discuss.

I will be away from the internet indefinitely from this week, so I'm not entirely sure who could take over; perhaps someone reliable like H or James?

I'll do my best to get back on here ASAP; if anyone needs me, feel free to inbox me on Facebook (I can be found on KP's/KB's/H's friends list for those who don't have it)

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

I'm away myself from Tuesday and won't have net access again until the following Monday, sorry!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

I might have time to take over, haven't got a lot to do anyway :P

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:12 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Fair does - but remember to stay inpartial! :)

You need to set up polls now involving every player mentioned in their respective threads :)

Good luck! :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:56 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

I will be impartial, I'll just need to give the big winners more attention ;)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Nope! 100% impartialness!!!

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:24 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Very well then :P

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:37 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

So when are we getting these decisive finals underway then?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:06 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

I'm severely tempted to wait until the season ends next Friday. But as H has already said, the forum does tend to get very quiet during the summer break.

So which would everyone prefer? Tomorrow, or next Friday?

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:22 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Hmm, it would make sense next friday as obviously we can judge every contestant without having the risk of a new contestant coming along who we might all fall in love with but couldn't vote for. It might also be a way of making the forum active during the summer.

However, I think it's important that as many people as possible vote to make sure whoever wins is truely the undisputed champ.

So I'm going to end this post on an unhelpful conclusion and say that I have no idea. :smt023

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:38 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

I like DanS's idea, we'll wait till next week

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:45 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Personally, I would prefer tomorrow because well I go to Turkey on Monday so I'll be absent from the forum for a fortnight.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Then I'm left with a state of bother then, cause like DanS said, we could have a memorable game and they won't be able to get voted if we started tomorrow

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Depends how long we decide to keep the polls running for. If we start next friday and do start see a bit of inactivity, there's no reason why the polls can't wait until everyone's back from holiday or the new season of DonD starts to make sure everyone votes and then finalise results?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:57 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Tell you what, I'll wait til next Friday - then have H put banners on the site encouraging people to vote on here during the summer, and we'll keep the voting open until Noel's Hall of Fame shows end (ie the start of the sixth season!)

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:44 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

That sounds a lot better :)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:03 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up

Terribly sorry at not getting online yet this summer!

We will be starting these polls later today! :D

[ 20 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Contestants » Forum Wing Line-up PollsAll times are UTC [ DST ]