Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:03 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 4:03 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:48 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

Warnings: 0
A significant increase requires £10k and upwards to be there at 8-box, but I'm quietly confident we can get back into 5-figure territory. NO DEAL

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:01 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

NO DEAL.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:00 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

I shall DEAL for my negotiated figure.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:10 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

Since I'm nowhere near as cautious as the average 2013 contestant, I shall confidently say NO DEAL. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
International Forums Moderator

Can see why Archie went the way he did.

There's enough low reds to make me think that the downside risk is limited. That's the clincher here - NO DEAL.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:04 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Global Moderator

IN LIVE PLAY
Aaron Brock
American Coupon Boy
Joel
KP
willrelf

DEALT THIRD OFFER
Archstered

Round 4

So, Archstered decided enough was enough and, after negotiating the offer to £7,000, took the money. Was that wise? We shall find out.

Box 21 is next, opened by Jill, who won £20,000 in July; her game featured the show's 50,000th box opening! In the box is: £15,000. :?

Next up, Box 2, with everyone's favourite cautious player, Iris. She opens it to reveal: £5.

That's good.

Finally, Box 7, opened by Marlene, who dealt £118,000 in July, but failed to inspire her fellow players to be a bit more adventurous. In her box is: £50.

1p £1,000
10p £3,000
- -
- £10,000
- -
- -
- -
- £50,000
- £75,000
- -
£750 -

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Global Moderator

OK, so Archstered made a mistake, but not a huge one. Yet.

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,250.99

You have until 5pm (UK time) tomorrow to DEAL or NO DEAL. Tune back in then for the next round! :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

Could you tell us what the offer would after an all-blue round? :ponder:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:07 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Global Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Could you tell us what the offer would after an all-blue round? :ponder:

Oh, £20,000 at least! :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:14 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

Great! :) :smt023 Since I now know the risk is worth the reward, I shall say NO DEAL. :smt023

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:40 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

About a 36% chance of keeping those big two until 5-box, but it won't be looking good even if we just lose one of them... Gahhh, NO DEAL :Jimmy_is_great

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:32 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Forum Games Moderator

I have negotiated the offer and so shall Deal.

I don't like to take guarantees into account too much because they mean nothing if you lose a big amount and I feel this board is too risky.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:51 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

I would have no dealt at this point.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:04 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Global Moderator

Today's round is postponed for a couple of hours.

Come back at 7. :smt023

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Global Moderator

IN LIVE PLAY
Aaron Brock
American Coupon Boy
Joel
KP

DEALT THIRD OFFER
Archstered

DEALT FOURTH OFFER
willrelf

Round 5

OK, later than planned, here we go with the next round. willrelf decided to call it a day at 8-box after negotiating £10,500. The promise of at least £20,000 for the perfect round was not enough for him. And Archstered is still hoping the game falls apart too. The rest of yous are still LIVE, and hoping this works out. But will it?

We begin with Box 6, opened by Ryan, who won £16,000 after a tense game in June, not that anyone remembers due to what happened the next day. His box contains: £75,000! :(

Ooh, bad luck guys.

Lets see if Box 17 is any better; opened by Bronwyn who won £45,000 a year ago yesterday in an unjustly forgotten game. She open the box to reveal: £50,000! :shock: :(

Oh, really sorry about this guys. :( Looks like none of you will be spanking me this week. (Not that you'd want to :eyes: :lol: ) Well done willrelf though; your deal has been vindicated! :smt023

Surely, though, this won't be £10,000?

Lets find out, as madcap player Giuseppe from a year ago on Saturday ends the round by opening Box 3 to reveal: £10,000! :shock: :shock: :( :(

1p £1,000
10p £3,000
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
£750 -

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Global Moderator

Well, Archstered and willrelf will be happy at least. I might as well make the rest of yous a good offer.

BANKER'S OFFER 

£569.69

You have until 7pm (UK time) tomorrow to DEAL or NO DEAL. Tune back in then for the next round! :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:57 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

I just negotiated a generous offer for the board, and since I play the board regardless of the stake level (save the rare occasion when the offer exceeds £50,000), I shall DEAL. :smt023

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:30 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Forum Games Moderator

Wow, did I deal at the right point! Unlucky to the rest of you though, hope you still get decent money out of the game.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)

This is where Box 23 would have come in handy.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:03 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 32 - Guest Host: hogwild94 (Legends of 2013)
Global Moderator

IN LIVE PLAY
Aaron Brock
Joel
KP

DEALT THIRD OFFER
Archstered

DEALT FOURTH OFFER
willrelf

DEALT FIFTH OFFER
American Coupon Boy

Round 6

OK, here we go into the final round. Aaron, Joel and KP will be hoping for an all-blue round, ACB, who negotiated a £750 offer at 5-box, will be hoping for the Nightmare finish, and Archstered and willrelf couldn't care less what happens!

First up this final round, Box 1 is opened by Steve, who won £15,000 last January after turning his game around right at the end. He opens the box to reveal: 10p! :)

Good; now two more.

Next up, Box 14 is opened by Ahmed, one of the biggest risk takers of 2013, whose final gamble unfortunately didn't pay off. His box contains: £3,000. :(

And now, just one box away from a total crash.

It falls to madcap player Wanda from last March to open Box 19 and see if we get that. She opens it to reveal: £750.

1p £1,000
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]