Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:05 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 1:05 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:53 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
daniel123 wrote:
Ah, I have a strategy: Find two figures from somewhere. With your first negotiation, go for the higher of those two, and if that's rejected, with the second go for the lower amount. If the first is accepted, all's well, and if the second is rejected, you're buggered. :smt023
That is a decent strategy, might have to try that out. :)

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:27 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

Deleted the last post, I didn't realise I posted here and didn't message you. I negotiated a higher offer, to which I'm going to say deal. :)

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:52 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

Round 5 results

In live play
Skyline (3/5)

Dealt fourth offer
American Coupon Boy (4/4)
Archstered (4/4)
hogwild94 (4/4)

Dealt fifth offer
daniel123 (5/5)
Joel (4/5)
willrelf (5/5)

Round 6

Only one person remains in live play (albeit due to inactivity in the last round...).

20 - £3,000

19 - £1,000

This is cutting it close...

8 - £75,000 :shock:

Nightmare round!

Or, if you prefer the squashdown version:

Banker time...

(Proof.)

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:53 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

Serves Skyline right. :P

Banker's offer:

£333

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:54 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

I also need someone to be next week's box selector. Who would like to do it?

Also, after this week wraps up, I am making an announcement affecting the future of WWYRD.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:13 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

So glad I got out at the right point - albeit with a bit less than I could have got from my negotiation.

Saperogo wrote:
Also, after this week wraps up, I am making an announcement affecting the future of WWYRD.
Hope it's not bad??

No regrets.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:47 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

Saperogo wrote:

Could it be that the game as we know it will change? :shock: :suspect: coughBox23cough

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:49 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

willrelf wrote:
Hope it's not bad??

Well, it potentially can be bad. It depends on what happens.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Global Moderator

Saperogo wrote:

Interesting.

No regrets from me about how my deal panned out. I'd have been gone at 5-box most likely anyway. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:05 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Oops... I've been busy revising and being out generally... :?

ND... and No Swap :-D

(I would have tried £10,000 and would've dealt at the fifth offer anyway... but oh well :P )

I will be happy to be the chooser of the boxes.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:40 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

Skyline wins £750! :smt023

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:42 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

So now, announcement: I alluded to this in the Plans subforum right here, but Week 30 will be my final week hosting this. I will definitely be paying the two winners their £10 and £5 prizes, but I honestly don't have much of a desire to be continuing this game.

That's not to say this series is ending at Week 30, though. If anyone wants to step forward and take over hosting duties, be my guest! If no one does, it will just die a miserable death (albeit with some nice final prizes to dish out).

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:45 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Global Moderator

That's a shame. This has been a fun series.

I'm sure we could take it in turns to host. :smt023

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:47 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Yes, I'll do a week at some point, happily. :) I mean, we could just fast-forward it to the end of Week 28; I could really do with a fiver... ;) :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:48 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Saperogo wrote:
So now, announcement: I alluded to this in the Plans subforum right here, but Week 30 will be my final week hosting this. I will definitely be paying the two winners their £10 and £5 prizes, but I honestly don't have much of a desire to be continuing this game.

That's not to say this series is ending at Week 30, though. If anyone wants to step forward and take over hosting duties, be my guest! If no one does, it will just die a miserable death (albeit with some nice final prizes to dish out).
Interesting. It will be a shame to see you go, Saperogo. I would like the series to continue, don't know who would take over as host but hopefully someone steps up to the plate. :)

No regrets.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:30 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

I'm not all that great with stats ect, but I would be happy to take over as host.

Don't want to jump the gun and stop other people from doing it, though :smt023

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

I'm more in favour - much, much, much more - of alternating between members than of one current player assuming the role. It would give a chance to all who might want to take on the role, rather than excluding those who want to do it but are then unable to. I think it's a fantastic idea, and it's backed up, too; the 'guest banker' idea went down an absolute treat, so why wouldn't a 'And this week's host is...' setup? :) :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:13 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
I'm more in favour - much, much, much more - of alternating between members than of one current player assuming the role. It would give a chance to all who might want to take on the role, rather than excluding those who want to do it but are then unable to. I think it's a fantastic idea, and it's backed up, too; the 'guest banker' idea went down an absolute treat, so why wouldn't a 'And this week's host is...' setup? :) :smt023
Agreed. It would also prevent one particular player from becoming bored of hosting the series every day and everyone would have a chance to host/be banker and actually take part in the game too. :)

No regrets.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:44 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!

The "guest host" idea sounds pretty cool! Just make sure that no one fights over being host for a particular week! :D

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:47 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 28 - Week 8/10 of the £10 contest!
Global Moderator

Saperogo wrote:
The "guest host" idea sounds pretty cool! Just make sure that no one fights over being host for a particular week! :D

Guest host? Sounds like this game is gonna turn into Have I Got News for You! :lol: :smt023

[ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]