Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

willrelf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
If in live play I would have obviously dealt, but would have negotiated an offer of £42,000 first.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:46 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

A good offer for the board, but slightly less generous than the last. Since I NEVER take offers significantly less generous than previous ones, I'll have to negotiate a better offer.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

hogwild94 wrote:
Well, if I hadn't dealt, I'd definitely be gone now. :smt023

I bet the real Banker would offer the Governor on this board.

What real Banker? This is WWYRD?; this is all that's ever existed! ;) :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:10 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

Unfortunately Saperogo did not accept my negotiation; I'm somewhat glad he didn't, as I'd reluctantly take £45,000 on this board and just like last week I'd be GUTTED if I missed out on another £250k-high finish after accepting it. As it is, £41,000 (give or take a pound) isn't enough for the board, so NO DEAL. :shock: :shock: :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:33 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

£44,444 declined... :(

I think I'll just DEAL now...

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:55 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Unfortunately Saperogo did not accept my negotiation; I'm somewhat glad he didn't, as I'd reluctantly take £45,000 on this board and just like last week I'd be GUTTED if I missed out on another £250k-high finish after accepting it. As it is, £41,000 (give or take a pound) isn't enough for the board, so NO DEAL. :shock: :shock: :smt023

The offer is £40,010, give or take a penny. ;) Though logically from your statement that's also not enough.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:59 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

No Deal.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:03 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

Round 5 results

In live play
American Coupon Boy (5/5)
Archstered (5/5)

Dealt fourth offer
daniel123 (4/4)
hogwild94 (2/4)
willrelf (4/4)

Dealt fifth offer
Skyline (4/5)

Round 6

The banker rings and laughs; he proved Skyline would indeed make a deal for an amount with more than 9's with both the £10,000 and the £100,000 in play. :lol:

hogwild94 says 7 is being kept until the end. Mark asks for the order.

17 - £10,000

hogwild94 can't believe how he has kept the top two in play to this point. Mark points out how we have yet to have the dream finish, and reminds the viewers that last week was the first £250k climax.

hogwild94 goes with Sue.

3 - £50 :D

Can you do actually pull off the perfect round? wonders Mark. hogwild94 is so nervous, but says 7 was always going to stay until the end, so 14 it is.

14 - £250 :shock: :shock: :-D

What a finish! exclaims Mark. :smt023

Or, if you prefer the squashdown version:

Banker time...

(Proof.)

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:06 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Wow...it can't be in the box two games in a row, can it?

No regrets.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:14 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

The phone seemingly doesn't ring for quite a while. American Coupon Boy and Archstered soon become impatient and jokingly ask for the question! :lol:

Eventually the phone does ring, but it's not the banker; it's the ER! He suffered a heart attack and is in critical condition! :smt009 :oops: A will is mentioned; apparently whoever wins £250,000 will be receiving lumps of coal for all future Christmases!

Eventually Mark asks the nurse what the offer should be, and she tells him a figure.

Banker's offer:

£169,000

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

Mark wonders whether negotiations are allowed under the banker's care. The nurse rings back and says the banker's last words were, "No negotiations." :smt011

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

YES, YES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, :-D :-D :-D ...........................................................

I HAD THE GUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

YES, YES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, :-D :-D :-D ...........................................................

Thank you VERY much, Saperogo, for making this all possible by declining my 5 box negotiation. :smt023 :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:54 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

Since I'm GUARANTEED double my £50,000 target and I'm certain the £250,000 is in the other box (as there's a 1 in 484 chance it would come to the table 2 games running), NO DEAL and SWAP. :-D :-D :smt023 :smt023

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:29 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Congrats :smt023 :smt023

If you win the £250,000... you'll be the 2nd quarter-millionaire! Isn't that exciting? :-D :-D

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:36 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

Skyline wrote:

If you win the £250,000... you'll be the 2nd quarter-millionaire! Isn't that exciting? :-D :-D

Yep, and I had to make several brave yet calculated No Deals in order to do it unlike the first quarter-millionaire. ;) :P :P :P

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:36 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

Deal.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:45 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Skyline wrote:

Yep, and I had to make several brave yet calculated No Deals in order to do it unlike the first quarter-millionaire. ;) :P :P :P

Uh... The first QM made some pretty damn brave and calculated NO DEALs too. I was on the edge of my seat following that game ;)

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:59 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

This is one of the rare situations involving big money in which I would actually no deal, since £100,000 is guaranteed. I would also do the same as ACB and swap, as I would always swap for box 7 in live play if it has not been brought to the table. Nevertheless, I bailed out too early for the second week in a row. :P

Good luck ACB! :)

No regrets.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:09 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!
Forum Games Moderator

Well, I can't fault my own gameplay here; I took my leave at a sensible time with a sensible amount in sensible circumstances. Still, best of luck to you, Toddler. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:31 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 27 - Week 7/10 of the £10 contest!

ACB could become the first female Quarter-Millionaire.. How exciting!

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]