Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:16 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 2:16 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:24 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Very good offer considering what happened in that round, but No Deal.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

jakecarroll84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm    Author: jakecarroll84    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

I would have said NO DEAL to both of those offers.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:25 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Good offer, but No Dealio.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

(This is 30 minutes early because I will soon be unavailable for over an hour.)

Round 2 results

In live play
daniel123
jakecarroll84
KP
Skyline
willrelf

Round 3

It's a real shame we found four of the power 5 in the first eight boxes. Finding the £20,000 now will activate the twist, but it will also further damage the board. Thus we probably want to put that off until most of the blues have been wiped away.

5 - £1

One away from being the perfect start.

10 - £750

15 - £50 :D

Yay! Just one more round like that and I'll feel better.

Fun fact: The chances of missing both £20,000 boxes to this point is 23.8%; just slightly less than one-in-four. That is just slightly worse than 27.3% which is the current chances of at least £20,000 having been brought to the table...

American Coupon Boy time...

(Proof.)

(hogwild94? :smt023 )

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Well, that round went against me. :( Since I am not a tight git, I am prepared to give a proper reward for that all-blue round, £1,000 for each blue found:

Banker's offer:

£8,000

As always, you can negotiate a higher offer.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:11 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Good offer again, but no deal with 4 amounts higher.

No regrets.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Global Moderator

NO DEAL. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Still a NO DEAL from me, thanks. :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

jakecarroll84

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm    Author: jakecarroll84    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

fair offer but, no deal

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:58 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Round 3 results

In live play
daniel123
hogwild94
jakecarroll84
KP
Skyline
willrelf

Round 4

There is a 50% chance that by the end of this round, one of the £20,000 boxes will have been discovered. The question is whether that would be good news or bad news?

6 - £5 :)

11 - £500 :D

Are we going to have an incredible second consecutive all-blue round and effectively have turned this game around?

21 - £250 :-D

Fantastic! Although incredibly both £20,000 boxes remain undiscovered. I wonder whether they'll both remain to the end and guarantee a £20,000 win for everyone?

(Proof.)

willrelf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:04 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!
Forum Games Moderator

Another great round!

No regrets.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:53 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!

Congratulations, hogwild94, for creating the strongest one box game there has ever been, both in this dimension and any other dimensions with British Deal or No Deal. ;) I now plan to make an offer that will serve a threefold purpose:

1. To see how far I can push my luck :twisted:
2. To goad you lot into playing the Crazy Box twist and
3. To encourage you all to negotiate for once

What is that offer?

Banker's offer:

£11,000

As always, you can negotiate a higher offer, and I very much encourage you to do so.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!

Friendly reminder that:
1.) 2 negotiations are available this week;
2.) There is no more penalty for a bad negotiation.

Also, I wouldn't call this a one box game when the median is £10,000 and the top three amounts are £20,000 or higher. :ponder:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:36 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!

Saperogo wrote:
Also, I wouldn't call this a one box game when the median is £10,000 and the top three amounts are £20,000 or higher. :ponder:

Yes, but there's only 1 of the Power 5 in play and the largest fallback is 5 times less than it. :-D

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:08 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!
Forum Games Moderator

I'm going on, but once more, with caution. And yes, it would be intriguing if the final two were £20,000 and £20,000...

Noel: "Hello?"
Glenn Hugill: "Ahh ohh arghh meh bleurgh, the offer's £19,999.99, that'll get them out cheap, blah bleh mm ohh arghh..."

:shock: NO DEAL, thank you!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

jakecarroll84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:42 pm    Author: jakecarroll84    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!

No deal

willrelf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:02 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!
Forum Games Moderator

With a failed negotiation, No Deal.

No regrets.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Saperogo wrote:

Yes, but there's only 1 of the Power 5 in play and the largest fallback is 5 times less than it. :-D

Hm...

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£50,000
£250,000

Is that a one box game since the largest fallback is 5 times less than the £250k? :P

(I'm conveniently ignoring the "1 of the power 5" part of your comment. :eyes: )

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:02 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!

Round 4 results

In live play
daniel123
hogwild94
jakecarroll84
KP
Skyline
willrelf

Round 5

The chances of missing both of the £20,000 boxes in this round is 36%. If that were to happen, then the "One Box at a Time" twist turns into a second "Nothing." Hopefully if both are missed, the £100,000 will miss as well and American Coupon Boy will be forced to make a gigantic offer. :)

1 - £15,000 :?

Well, if that's the highest amount found in this round, then it will be a good round.

8 - 50p :D

We are on the verge of an all-red 5-box! Incredibly we have yet to see either £20k... if this next box is not one of them, we lose the opportunity of having one box at a time at 5-box, but if it's £5,000 downwards that won't matter one bit.

17 - £3,000 :shock:

I call this a fantastic 5-box nonetheless. :smt023

And no, American Coupon Boy, this is far from being a one box game.

Or, if you prefer the squashdown version:

(Proof.)

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:06 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!
Forum Games Moderator

Wow! A great chance of £20k being in the box brought to the table now!

No regrets.

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]