Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:31 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 4:31 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:32 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: WWYRD? Week 20 - GB: American Coupon Boy - Roaring Twenties!

Warnings: 0
Hello, and welcome to Week 20 of What Would You Really Do?!

As I mentioned in Week 10, weeks ending in 0 are special weeks with twists! Last week was an exception because I felt like going with the Halloween theme. But now we celebrate twenty weeks of people making poor decisions! ;)

There will be two somewhat interesting twists this week. First off, to go with the theme of it being Week 20, here is the board for this week:

Hopefully the second £20,000 box will make for higher chances of £20,000+ wins. :)

But wait; there's more! 20 will be extremely significant this week, and here's why:

Once either £20,000 box is discovered, one of eight things will happen. The box selector for this week, hogwild94, will choose a number between 1 and 8. American Coupon Boy (who claims he is basing this decision on random.org) will then determine the next twist!

Here are the eight possible twists:
1. Double. The top prize at the time the box is opened doubles.
2. Half. The top prize at the time the box is opened halves
3. £1,000 bonus. £1,000 is added to each player's winnings, eliminating the threat of a blue win. (The player must be in live play to get this bonus.)
4. £1,000 penalty. £1,000 is taken off everyone's winnings for the game, and every blue win will become a 1p win. (The player must be in live play to get this penalty.)
5. One Box at a Time. The final round is played one box at a time.
6. Banker's Peek. American Coupon Boy will be informed of the contents of the box on the table.
7. Banker's Proposal. American Coupon Boy will make a proposal that can benefit both the players and himself, and it will be put to a majority vote to decide if it is accepted. (For instance, he will offer the average at the final offer IF the top prize halves.)
8. Nothing. The game continues as normal.

Isn't this exciting?

In addition, I'm going to temporarily alter negotiations. For those of you new (hi willrelf!), we previously had established that each player had one opportunity to negotiate with the banker on an offer each game. If the attempt for negotiation was no higher than the banker's previously established "max negotiable offer," then the player's new personal offer was that negotiated offer; however, if the negotiation was for higher than that max negotiable offer, the player was penalized with a personal offer of 90% the original offer.

Well, I'm going to change this in two ways:
1.) There will be no more negotiation penalty;
2.) Players can negotiate twice per game.

Hopefully this will make for more negotiation opportunities!

The game will begin at midnight!

Last edited by Saperogo on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:35 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Why does ACB have to decide the twist :roll:

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:40 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Skyline wrote:
Why does ACB have to decide the twist :roll:

That's the twist! :redsmoke

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:59 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Box 14 has been brought to the table this week. (It would've been more interesting had it been box 20, but alas, random.org wouldn't cooperate.)

Round 1

hogwild94 really loves getting the taboo boxes out of the way first.

22 - £35,000 :?

It's not quite death, but it is somewhat painful.

13 - £50,000 :?

Are we going to do a WWYRD first and take out the power 5 in order in the opening round?

Newbie next. Let's give him a warm welcome

18 - (newbie) - 10p :)

It'd be really bad for there to be something like, I don't know, "the curse of the newbie."

9 - £10,000

One box left. Will we see one of the £20,000's in the opening round?

3 - £100

Nope! We are still in regular gameplay (at least, as regular as you can get with two £20,000's in play).

American Coupon Boy time...

(Proof.)

(hogwild94, please remember to send me your next three boxes. :smt023 )

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:25 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

I've learned several things from the last 2 times I was guest Banker One, early 2007-esque offers will just lead to half the contestants dealing by the 3rd offer and the other half Wakeying it, :roll: and two, I shouldn't go Joe Pasquale on people. :lol:

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to how this twist plays out. Since I want everyone to be in live play when the twist plays out, I'm low-balling the offers prior to it :twisted: :

Banker's offer:

£9,999

Also, this week's twist is based off a twist from a foreign version of Deal or No Deal. The first person to tell me which version it is will automatically get the maximum negotiable offer the first time they negotiate.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

It's a good offer, actually. NO DEAL for now, though - and there was I hoping there'd be a monetary reward of some sort this week... :smt009 :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:40 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

daniel123 wrote:
and there was I hoping there'd be a monetary reward of some sort this week... :smt009 :-D

There's a possibility of a monetary contest taking place between Weeks 21-30.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:25 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Interesting twist, good offer, but it's never an option to deal at the first offer, so No Deal!

I don't know which foreign version the twist is based on, but I may as well guess and say the Australian one?

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:58 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

willrelf wrote:
I don't know which foreign version the twist is based on, but I may as well guess and say the Australian one?

Sorry, the Australian version has a LOT of twists, but this isn't one of them. :smt009

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:12 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

The American one?

No regrets.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:49 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Definitely not.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
International Forums Moderator

This is from the Italian version.

NO DEAL.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

KP wrote:
This is from the Italian version.

Correct. :smt023

The Italian version of the show,Affari Tuoi, has a similar twist called La Matta (translated to English as mad-woman :lol: ). Double and Half were possible consequences of it since it was first introduced, and Banker's Proposal, 1k bonus, and Nothing all used to be possible consequences of it. Most of the other possible consequences of it are too complicated to do over a forum game, such as using a counting game or asking an audience member to pick the next box, a forced swap for another box, undergoing a skill test devised by the Banker for a 1k bonus, being told the location of a random blue, and being forced to abandon the current game and have another player replace you.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:09 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
being forced to abandon the current game and have another player replace you.

:shock: You have to leave the show, and go home with nothing?!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:29 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

daniel123 wrote:
American Coupon Boy wrote:
being forced to abandon the current game and have another player replace you.

:shock: You have to leave the show, and go home with nothing?!

No, you would go back to the wings and wait to play another game from the start.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:58 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Round 1 results

In live play
daniel123
KP
willrelf

...only three people? :ponder:

I need at least six participants in order for a Week 21-30 monetary competition to take place.

Round 2

I forgot to mention this, but if the £20,000 gets discovered, the twist of deciding which twist to employ will be decided upon completion of the round. Otherwise, Week 20 would last two weeks.

4 - 1p :D

hogwild94 kisses Jafar. :ponder: :lol:

12 - £250,000 :(

You can't get more of a contrast between two consecutive boxes than that.

19 - £75,000 :shock: :(

Oof. Score that round as a good one for the banker. This also means the second and third highest amounts on the board are both £20,000. That is actually really painful.

American Coupon Boy time...

(Proof.)

(hogwild94, your next three? :smt023 )

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:00 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Ugh, terrible round.

No regrets.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:16 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Well, that round was a very bitter-sweet one for both sides. I lost the chance to enroll you lot into the 1p club, and you guys lost £325,000 in return. Since the penny was found, however, the offer won't crash through the floor:

Banker's offer:

£5,000

As always, you can negotiate a higher offer.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:26 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Well, I'm fairly sure we did worse in that round than you did, Monsieur Le Banquier... :smt023

NO DEAL for now, thank you!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:24 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 20 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
International Forums Moderator

No Deal...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]