Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:54 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 11:54 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?

Warnings: 0
Hello, and welcome to Week 19 of What Would You Really Do?!

Normally weeks that are multiples of 10 would be special weeks. That remains true. But to line up with the Halloween theme of the real show, this week will be a themed week as well! And what fun is a themed week if nothing happened besides having random Halloween references? ;)

So I'm going to implement ye olde TRICK or TREAT game that was used in the Halloween specials between 2008 and 2010. (I would've gone with a catapult twist, but I'm not sure catapults work well over the internet...)

When round 4 is posted, I will present two additional boxes to you. (Well, not real boxes, but you get my point.) Inside one of them is TREAT, and inside the other, TRICK. Each person in live play gets to choose one of the two boxes. When round 5 is posted, I will open the box corresponding to the majority of votes (in the case of a tie, we'll side with Skyline, this week's box selector). If TREAT is revealed, we'll proceed through the final round one box at a time! (This will mean Week 19 will overlap with Week 20, but oh well.) If TRICK is revealed, in a WWYRD first hogwild94 gets to look inside the box brought to the table! :o

To be clear, Week 20 will still be a special week, with a SURPRISE banker who I'm sure everyone will love to see. :smt023

Sound good?

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:11 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?

SOunds good.

If big money stays.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:36 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

Got my selections in.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:12 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?

Box 1 has been brought to the table.

Round 1

Starting with the death box? Hopefully it won't kill the game this week.

22 - £250,000 :shock: :(

From the background a series of haunted ghostly BOOs are heard. The audience gasps.

Well, hopefully that will be the only fright of this evening...

2 - £50,000 :shock: :(

This is indeed starting to get scary.

The phone rings. It seems as though the volume of the phone has been amplified, though for no discernible reason.

Yes? ... Hmmm. ... Okay, I'll relay that to the players.

hogwild94 is having himself twenty cheesy nibbles. :roll:

But... little does he know I've poisoned them! :twisted:

21 - £1,000

Better than the previous two boxes, at least.

3 - £100,000 :smt009

Oof. This is just relentless misfortune here. I suppose there won't be a game at all once we hit the TRICK or TREAT part...

20 - 10p :)

FINALLY something nice to see.

Also, I've figured out Skyline's system.

hogwild94 time...

(Proof.)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?

Skyline wrote:
Got my selections in.

Hopefully Skyline will be SMART enough this time around to leave a BIG number to the end rather than just £50. :roll: :lol: Judging by the game so far, his system is PANTS.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:31 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Global Moderator

Sorry, I don't do cheesy nibbles; I prefer Pringles! :lol: :smt023

And I'm not having any after that; I was looking forward to a good match against yous with the added 5-box incentive; seems the boxes don't want that. :(

Banker's offer:

£4,000

DEAL or NO DEAL?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:33 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

That'll be a NO DEAL from me. :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:07 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Skyline wrote:
Got my selections in.

Hopefully Skyline will be SMART enough this time around to a BIG number to the end rather than just £50. :roll: :lol: Judging by the game so far, his system is PANTS.

I don't even know what to make of this post. :blueponder

Oh, and NO DEAL! Decent offer, though... but only dorks deal at the first offer. ;)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:09 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?

Knowing that hogwild94 is a VERY sensible Banker, thank you but NO DEAL.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
International Forums Moderator

Ooooh dear.

No Deal

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

Hello, how do I apply to take part in this? I've only just noticed it and would be interested in joining in. :)

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:28 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

Just say NO DEAL or DEAL whenever!

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

Ok I thought so, just wanted to check beforehand instead of just butting in haha.

No Deal to that first offer.

No regrets.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?

Skyline is lying; there is a quite involved application process. The first step is a one-time payment of £100 (which you'll do a second time once the application process is over). :eyes: ;)

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:00 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

Haha I'm not a fool. :P

No regrets.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?

Round 1 results

In live play
American Coupon Boy
daniel123
KP
Skyline
willrelf (Welcome! :) )

Round 2

It would be really quite miserable if this were to be the worst game of all time.

4 - £20,000 :shock:

Okay, this whole big red thing is starting to get old.

19 - £250

There we go. One more like that one, please.

5 - £10 :)

I'll take it.

There might be no choice with this offer but to play on, but next week there will be plenty of choices. :eyes:

hogwild94 time...

(Proof.)

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:03 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

It's gonna be hard for anyone to deal before 5-box at this rate, poor boxes so far.

No regrets.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:14 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Global Moderator

Well, the FD went up; therefore, the offer should go up too.

Banker's offer:

£4,800

DEAL or NO DEAL?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:25 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?

willrelf wrote:
It's gonna be hard for anyone to deal before 5-box at this rate, poor boxes so far.

Well clearly Zoe would've had no problem dealing before then, especially with the generosity of the offers hogwild is making. :roll:

However, I am nowhere near as cautious as the median player this month. NO DEAL.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:27 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 19 - Guest Banker: hogwild94 - TRICK or TREAT?
Forum Games Moderator

Certain No Deal for me.

No regrets.

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]