Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:16 pm Last visit was: Wed May 22, 2024 6:16 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:28 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Warnings: 0
Hello, and welcome to Week 17 to What Would You Really Do?!

Last week's game was full of excitement. We had our very first all power 5 finish, but sadly only £35,000 was brought to the table. The good news is hogwild94 negotiated the offer to the average, £67,500, which put him as the winner of last week. :smt023

I mean, this is a friendly game and not a competition at all. But hogwild94 won and everyone else lost. No hard feelings. He's just better than the rest of you. ;)

Player statistics for games up to Week 16

Net winnings
1. American Coupon Boy (£330,812.50 over 14 games)
2. hogwild94 (£243,820.61 over 12 games)
3. Archstered (£213,606.01 over 15 games)
4. JoelDavies (£200,200 over 13 games)
5. daniel123 (£190,760.60.60 over 14 games)
6. KP (£155,863.12 over 12 games)
7. Skyline (£152,311.10 over 12 games)
8. box11 (£102,751 over 8 games)

Average winnings
1. American Coupon Boy (£23,629.46/game over 14 games)
2. hogwild94 (£20,318.38/game over 12 games)
3. JoelDavies (£15,400/game over 13 games)
4. Archstered (£14,240.40/game over 15 games)
5. daniel123 (£13,625.76/game over 14 games)
6. KP (£12,988.59/game over 12 games)
7. box11 (£12,843.88/game over 8 games)
8. Skyline (£12,692.59/game over 12 games)

Banker spankings (# OPWs)
7: hogwild94
5: American Coupon Boy, JoelDavies
4: daniel123
3: Archstered, box11
2: KP, Skyline

Player spankings (# OBWs + OPLs)
9: Archstered
8: Skyline
6: daniel123, KP
5: American Coupon Boy
4: box11, hogwild94, JoelDavies

---

Guest banker schedule
Week 17: American Coupon Boy
Week 18: Skyline
Week 19: hogwild94
Week 20: ~*MYSTERY*~
Week 21: Saperogo

Anyone who wishes to be guest banker should ask me, either by post in here or by PM!

---

This game will start at midnight tonight, which means I have finally recovered the schedule back to where we were when this game started! :smt023

American Coupon Boy is guest banker this week, and daniel123 will be choosing the boxes. Box 1 has been brought to the table.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this now instead of at the start of round 1 is because I must share a very important message from American Coupon Boy.

American Coupon Boy wrote:
I sincerely apologize for the error of my ways. I will never again be rude to anyone, be they members of this forum, or the contestants on Deal or No Deal, or even to my own mother. I regret every ill-conceived post I have made, and hope that people will grow to respect me better as a person, as evidenced by my new and much improved nature of posts starting from this point forward.

Awww. How sweet.

If only that were real. :cry:

Here's what he really told me:

American Coupon Boy wrote:
It may be worth noting that I that I will make the same opening offer threat/promise as last time (ALL-BLUE OPENER = £21,000 offer, ALL RED OPENER = 1p offer to start AND a 1p offer at another offer of my choosing) every time I am guest Banker until there is either an all-blue or all-red opening round.

Oooh, vicious. Let's hope we don't have an all red opening round!

Last edited by Saperogo on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:39 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

If we have an all-red round and I'm offered 1p, I wish to notify the Banker that I shall be suing - for the difference in monetary values between that 1p and whatever value he 'would offer here'; as this amounts, usually, to between £10,000 and £16,000, I would suggest that the Banker rescind his 'threat' should an all-red opening round occur.

I would like to thank The Banker for his time and concern regarding this matter, and trust that he takes my advice on board. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

I called bulls*** as soon as I finished reading the first sentence. ;)

As expected, it's another boring whine about what's he's offering. :smt015 :laughing

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:49 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

For those whining about my threat, keep in mind that you can negotiate a better offer, though there's no promise the negotiation cap is higher than 2 pence. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And now it's time for the NEW Fair-Deal Winnings Benchmark Leader-board:

1. American Coupon Boy: £14,622.58
2. Joel Davies: £13,939.60
3. hogwild94: £12,001.22
4. Archstered: £10,198.10
5. daniel123: £10,159.57
6. box 11: £9,556.33
7. KP: £9,037.91
8. Skyline: £9,032.90

YES, after 15 weeks of Joel Davies leading, he's finally been surpassed by ME. :smt041 My moderately aggressive board reading (i.e. playing for the big money when it's reasonably there to be won then sensibly cutting my losses if it doesn't work out) has finally paid off superbly. Unfortunately for Skyline, he is still in dead last, but on the up side he only needs to win about £100 to £200 more than KP this round to overtake him.

Also, hogwild94 still has his risk-free negotiation for the last time I was guest banker, but he MUST use it this game or it will expire. :twisted:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:54 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Round 1

Let's do this.

3 - £15,000 :?

This rules out ACB's £21,000 offer promise. Four more reds and two of these offers are reduced to 1p...

5 - 10p :D

That's really good news! Now let's find three more blues!

19 - £10,000 :?

Fine then. Two more blues!

15 - £5,000 :smt011

Well, at least the board is nicely divided into nice sums and not-so-nice sums.

21 - 1p :D

It is always preferable to see the bottom two go than it is for the top two to go. (Well, in live play, at least.)

American Coupon Boy time...

(Proof.)

(daniel123, please let me know at least your next three box selections within 24 hours. :) )

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

I've been juggling around offers in my head and decided:

Banker's offer:

£5,000

(more dots)

(more dots)

Continuing, I decided £5,000, also known as the holding offer, was not enough.

Banker's offer:

£10,000

(more dots)

(more dots)

Then I realized that the mid-2013 would offer something like that, and I despise him with every bone in my body. So I changed it.

Banker's offer:

£15,000
:shock:

(more dots)

(more dots)

You seriously think I'm offering more than that after discovering 3 reds in the opening round. FAT CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :twisted: :twisted:

(more dots)

(more dots)

I then realized that I'm tired of playing around, so I want all you maggots to Deal the 1st offer and make my job easy this week.

Banker's offer:

£20,000
:shock:

(more dots)

(more dots)

Thinking I'm going to offer EVEN MORE? NO WAY IN THE WORLD.

(more dots)

(more dots)

There's NO WAY I'm offering more, so I don't know why you even scrolled down this far. :smt021

(more dots)

(more dots)

Fine, I'll offer a bit more.

Banker's offer:

£20,001
:P

This is officially the HIGHEST OPENING OFFER in Deal or No Deal history. Oh, and to make this easy, I will go down if ANY of the Top 6 are discovered in the next round, so don't be stupid and TAKE THE OFFER.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:35 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Yeah, that's a fairly straightforward decision. DEAL! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:38 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Ooops, I forgot to mention something. :oops: ;) If the Top 6 are NOT touched in the next round, the offer will be at least £30,000. :shock: :eyes: :twisted:

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:48 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

Sorry, I forgot, er, I meant to say... :shock:

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:55 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

No thanks.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
International Forums Moderator

DEAL.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:33 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Oh, and I forgot to mention something else. If you keep the Top 6 in play the offer will be at least £30,000, but if the next round is all-blue, I'll offer £35,001. :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:39 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

American Coupon Boy, we need to have a talk about the budget. The way you're currently making offers, we'll be broke by Week 19. :smt009

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:41 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Saperogo wrote:
American Coupon Boy, we need to have a talk about the budget. The way you're currently making offers, we'll be broke by Week 19. :smt009

If you could afford 4 Power 5 wins last week, I'm pretty sure you can afford this. ;)

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:11 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy
Forum Games Moderator

That's tempting.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:46 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

No Deal.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:51 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Round 1 results

In live play
Archstered
Skyline

Dealt at first offer
daniel123
KP

Round 2

If you ignore the fact that hogwild94 hasn't joined yet, ACB successfully got half the people to deal. :smt023

Here we go...

17 - £250,000 :(

Good news to the dealers, but bad news to everyone playing and hoping to win the £250k! When will such a thing happen? Never? :cry:

11 - £35,000 :shock:

All power 5 round?

7 - £5 :)

There is some light at the end of the tunnel.

American Coupon Boy time...

(Proof.)

(Your next three boxes, daniel123? :) )

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:09 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Well, I promised the offer would be lower.

Banker's offer:

£20,000
:shock: :shock: :shock:

(more dots)

(more dots)

AMO alert!!!!!!!!! Heck NO.

Banker's offer:

£15,000

(more dots)

(more dots)

You seriously think I'll offer 84% of the average at this point in the game? Well, maybe I will. :o

(more dots)

(more dots)

OR maybe I won't. :P :twisted:

Banker's offer:

£10,000

As always, you can negotiate a better offer.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:47 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Please just give the offer next time.

No Deal.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWYRD? Week 17 - Guest Banker: American Coupon Boy

Archstered wrote:
Please just give the offer next time.

No problem. ;) :twisted:

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]