Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:25 am Last visit was: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:25 am



Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 1 November 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.



New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]



 [ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216 ... 219  Next
Author Message

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:05 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:47 pm
Location: Darlington, NE England
Warnings: 0
It. Is. Still. THERE!!! :)

_________________
Image

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"


Top
 Profile  

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:55 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Here
Warnings: 0
I think some people were a bit too generous to Corinne after that one - I do believe it was a case of a clearly decent person being overcome by greed when presented with the chance to secure a dream that, until £250,000 was revealed in her box, did not exist in fact. What did exist were eighty-eight thousand pounds, an absolute fortune even by the standards of the halcyon days of the show's youth, a fortune guaranteed to her should she speak only one word.

I'm sure Corinne thought it over long and hard, far longer than the producers of the show could afford to broadcast, and wherever she might be now, if she looks back with no regrets and lives a happy, fulfilled life, all the better for it; but when we let our emotions dictate our thoughts and those thoughts our actions, there is only ever one consequence: this is how we humans so often manage to crash to defeat, from the brink of certain victory.

_________________
81st member of the Pat M fan club. Still flying the flag for the class of '06...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.


Top
 Profile  

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 pm
Warnings: 0
It's been nearly 5 years since Deal or No Deal ended. :shock:

_________________
PM me to play a game of my Deal or No Deal series for a shot at $601!

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.


Top
 Profile  

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:21 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Kent
Warnings: 0
American Coupon Boy wrote:
It's been nearly 5 years since Deal or No Deal ended. :shock:


5 years ago today was the penultimate studio game where after 11 shows (was it?), Shazi played.

Understandable as they wouldn't have wanted to be leaving a wheelchair contestant for nearly 18 months.

_________________
Check out my YouTube Channel for regular uploads of Deal or No Deal Episodes! :)

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!


Top
 Profile  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:54 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 am
Warnings: 0
Today is the 5th anniversary of Corie playing the last EVER studio game :( He had a good game but undersold a £100k box after he dealt at "the governor" at 8-box. Seemed like something of an anti-climax to see out the dream factory

Following this episode, 10 of the remaining 21 contestants on the wings were invited back to play the "On tour" farewell episodes, while the remaining 11 sadly never got the chance to play the game and never seen or heard from again after the final studio game :( I assume the newbies who joined in the last week would've been the first of the 2017 contestants......


Top
 Profile  

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:59 am    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Kent
Warnings: 0
JamesJMH91 wrote:
Today is the 5th anniversary of Corie playing the last EVER studio game :( He had a good game but undersold a £100k box after he dealt at "the governor" at 8-box. Seemed like something of an anti-climax to see out the dream factory

Following this episode, 10 of the remaining 21 contestants on the wings were invited back to play the "On tour" farewell episodes, while the remaining 11 sadly never got the chance to play the game and never seen or heard from again after the final studio game :( I assume the newbies who joined in the last week would've been the first of the 2017 contestants......


Unfortunately, the last bunch was recorded in April 2015 and there was no idea that that would be the last ever episode.


Double Trouble Christmas Specials however were filmed in May 2015, which I believe were the last shows to be recorded at the studio.


Can't believe it's been so long :?

_________________
Check out my YouTube Channel for regular uploads of Deal or No Deal Episodes! :)

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!


Top
 Profile  

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:30 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Kent
Warnings: 0
As for 15 years ago today, well... think unnecessary crying!

_________________
Check out my YouTube Channel for regular uploads of Deal or No Deal Episodes! :)

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!


Top
 Profile  

Matthew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:51 am    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:29 pm
Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
Warnings: 0
higginson_ronan wrote:
As for 15 years ago today, well... think unnecessary crying!


TOTALLY unnecessary, not to mention possibly the most ungrateful contestant ever!


Top
 Profile  

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:14 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Kent
Warnings: 0
5 ( :shock: ) years ago today saw Deal come onto our screens for the last ever time. Where does the time go???

_________________
Check out my YouTube Channel for regular uploads of Deal or No Deal Episodes! :)

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!


Top
 Profile  

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:51 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Here
Warnings: 0
Well, there we are - fifteen years since the airing of Nick's famous...infamous...1p win. He wanted it to be the penny, he even turned down £30 of the Banker's hard-earned cash in his quest to achieve this ambition, and so it panned out!

I do remember seeing an auction on eBay at some point in 2006, probably a month or so after the show was aired, while I was still lurking around as a guest on these forums, which purported to be Nick selling his 1p cheque. Whether it really was him, I don't know - I read later on that he had auctioned it, so perhaps it was the man himself - and how much it fetched I also don't know, but at least he made a few quid from the DoND experience, and what an experience it must have been. :smt023

_________________
81st member of the Pat M fan club. Still flying the flag for the class of '06...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.


Top
 Profile  

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:55 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Here
Warnings: 0
(I've just realised I said almost exactly the same thing four years ago, despite writing that post genuinely believing it was the first time I'd been the one to commemorate Nick's anniversary. What's that, the Mandela Effect, isn't it? Being sure you remembered it one way, only to discover it was something completely different? Scary stuff!) :ponder:

_________________
81st member of the Pat M fan club. Still flying the flag for the class of '06...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.


Top
 Profile  

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:42 am    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Kent
Warnings: 0
daniel123 wrote:
Well, there we are - fifteen years since the airing of Nick's famous...infamous...1p win. He wanted it to be the penny, he even turned down £30 of the Banker's hard-earned cash in his quest to achieve this ambition, and so it panned out!

I do remember seeing an auction on eBay at some point in 2006, probably a month or so after the show was aired, while I was still lurking around as a guest on these forums, which purported to be Nick selling his 1p cheque. Whether it really was him, I don't know - I read later on that he had auctioned it, so perhaps it was the man himself - and how much it fetched I also don't know, but at least he made a few quid from the DoND experience, and what an experience it must have been. :smt023



And happy belated forum birthday... Sweet 16 :)

_________________
Check out my YouTube Channel for regular uploads of Deal or No Deal Episodes! :)

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!


Top
 Profile  

Matthew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:04 pm    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:29 pm
Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
Warnings: 0
Yesterday of course was 15 years since Laura became our first £250K winner! Though for me it’s one of my least favourite wins because 1: It was spoiled in the papers a few weeks beforehand, and 2: That final offer she had wasn’t even worthy of consideration IMO, the only thing that may have been worth considering was the swap.


Top
 Profile  

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:58 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 pm
Warnings: 0
To be fair, Laura had very dealable offers at 8 and 5 box, and the final offer was still a tricky decision for her, to the point where she would've dealt just a few grand more for sure.

I was just talking about this with some other forum members on discord the other day, and I have her ranked 5th in terms of hardest earned £250,000 wins:

1. Nong
2. Vikki
3. Roop
4. Anne
5. Laura
6. Tegan
7. Paddy
8. Suzzane
9. Alice

_________________
PM me to play a game of my Deal or No Deal series for a shot at $601!

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.


Top
 Profile  

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:33 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Kent
Warnings: 0
16 years ago today is where the tw@ttiness on the show well and truly begun!

_________________
Check out my YouTube Channel for regular uploads of Deal or No Deal Episodes! :)

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!


Top
 Profile  

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Kent
Warnings: 0
A whole decade ago Belinda played, and had an incredibly good offer of £75k on a £1/£20k/£75k/£100k/£250k 5-box.

She decided to cut and run, before having a very demolishing proveout leaving her with a £20k/£100k finish, where she would have been offered £55k.



Now she ended up having £100k in the box, but when a contestant's won three quarters of that, you'd think it wouldn't matter!



Well, not for a rather infamous member of this forum... who overreacted every time a contestant undersold their box. The thread ended up being over 2 pages of people arguing, and hardly any praise for such a massive win!

_________________
Check out my YouTube Channel for regular uploads of Deal or No Deal Episodes! :)

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!


Top
 Profile  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:40 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 am
Warnings: 0
Today marks 15 years since one of the more obscure big wins... mostly due it being one of the most polarizing contestants ever!! :)


Top
 Profile  

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:40 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: Kent
Warnings: 0
14 years ago today was one of the saddest episodes of all time.


Joy came out to play, Joy had been off the show for some time when on the wings due to bad health. During her introduction, she came alone and opened up about the fact she needed to pay her mortgage off otherwise she'd be kicked out of her house and made homeless.
Her game went ok to start off with, she got to an offer of £10k at 11-box, which she declined...



After that, she had a good start to the next round taking out 1p and £5,000. Looking good at that point, another low(ish) value out and we could be looking at an offer of around £20k which could definitely pay her mortgage off... But no, out came the £250k to end that round :(



The offer crashed to just £3k, which she declined...


After that, things became even worse for Joy. She took out the £100,000 and the £3,000 to leave just 4 blues and £10k at 5-box. After declining £950, she went for it and... it instantly turned out to be disastrous as the £10k left the game :(

After declining £49.50 on £1/£100 ending, Joy won a measly £100. She did her best to hold herself together, until suddenly breaking down in tears just before the credits rolled :smt009 Noel had to stay with her at the table with all the other contestants rather than come up to the camera as usual.


I really hope things did turn out good in the end for her, e.g. another contestant helped her out, the fact that she didn't have any supporters in the audience made things seem even worse. :cry:

_________________
Check out my YouTube Channel for regular uploads of Deal or No Deal Episodes! :)

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!


Top
 Profile  

Matthew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:35 am    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:29 pm
Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
Warnings: 0
higginson_ronan wrote:
14 years ago today was one of the saddest episodes of all time.


Joy came out to play, Joy had been off the show for some time when on the wings due to bad health. During her introduction, she came alone and opened up about the fact she needed to pay her mortgage off otherwise she'd be kicked out of her house and made homeless.
Her game went ok to start off with, she got to an offer of £10k at 11-box, which she declined...



After that, she had a good start to the next round taking out 1p and £5,000. Looking good at that point, another low(ish) value out and we could be looking at an offer of around £20k which could definitely pay her mortgage off... But no, out came the £250k to end that round :(



The offer crashed to just £3k, which she declined...


After that, things became even worse for Joy. She took out the £100,000 and the £3,000 to leave just 4 blues and £10k at 5-box. After declining £950, she went for it and... it instantly turned out to be disastrous as the £10k left the game :(

After declining £49.50 on £1/£100 ending, Joy won a measly £100. She did her best to hold herself together, until suddenly breaking down in tears just before the credits rolled :smt009 Noel had to stay with her at the table with all the other contestants rather than come up to the camera as usual.


I really hope things did turn out good in the end for her, e.g. another contestant helped her out, the fact that she didn't have any supporters in the audience made things seem even worse. :cry:


Remember this game, I was only 11 at the time and when I heard she was gonna be made HOMELESS if she didn’t win enough to pay off her mortgage, never had I wanted a contestant to succeed more than Joy.

But 45 minutes later, I was crying genuine tears because she’d only managed £100 and I just felt so heartbroken for her, because if there was anyone who deserved to win £250k, it was Joy.

And I agree with you as well Ronan, the fact that she had no one there supporting her, (except of course for everyone on the show minus the banker) made it even more heartbreaking…

Although it’s not on YT, Joy’s game is available to watch on Amazon Prime Video, though why anyone would when it’s so tear jerking is strange, maybe just to have a good old cry…… :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :( :( :(


Top
 Profile  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:03 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 am
Warnings: 0
Matthew wrote:
higginson_ronan wrote:
14 years ago today was one of the saddest episodes of all time.


Joy came out to play, Joy had been off the show for some time when on the wings due to bad health. During her introduction, she came alone and opened up about the fact she needed to pay her mortgage off otherwise she'd be kicked out of her house and made homeless.
Her game went ok to start off with, she got to an offer of £10k at 11-box, which she declined...



After that, she had a good start to the next round taking out 1p and £5,000. Looking good at that point, another low(ish) value out and we could be looking at an offer of around £20k which could definitely pay her mortgage off... But no, out came the £250k to end that round :(



The offer crashed to just £3k, which she declined...


After that, things became even worse for Joy. She took out the £100,000 and the £3,000 to leave just 4 blues and £10k at 5-box. After declining £950, she went for it and... it instantly turned out to be disastrous as the £10k left the game :

After declining £49.50 on £1/£100 ending, Joy won a measly £100. She did her best to hold herself together, until suddenly breaking down in tears just before the credits rolled. Noel had to stay with her at the table with all the other contestants rather than come up to the camera as usual.


I really hope things did turn out good in the end for her, e.g. another contestant helped her out, the fact that she didn't have any supporters in the audience made things seem even worse.


Remember this game, I was only 11 at the time and when I heard she was gonna be made HOMELESS if she didn’t win enough to pay off her mortgage, never had I wanted a contestant to succeed more than Joy.

But 45 minutes later, I was crying genuine tears because she’d only managed £100 and I just felt so heartbroken for her, because if there was anyone who deserved to win £250k, it was Joy.

And I agree with you as well Ronan, the fact that she had no one there supporting her, (except of course for everyone on the show minus the banker) made it even more heartbreaking…

Although it’s not on YT, Joy’s game is available to watch on Amazon Prime Video, though why anyone would when it’s so tear jerking is strange, maybe just to have a good old cry



It was particularly heartbreaking to watch, not just because of why she needed the money, but you could tell how destroyed she was inside after the last red (£10k) departed the board. I remember her at the end trying so hard to hold it together as she thanked everyone and told everyone not to be ashamed to start crying, and then seconds later, Joy went from smiling bravely to just dissolving into tears and being inconsolable as Noel quietly closed the show by saying "This has been the second heartbreaking game in a row (after Margaret won 1p the day before), see you tomorrow" with his arm around her, rather than his usual routine of following the camera down the walk of wealth and then returning to the table to join the contestants. :smt009

Was it this point in 2008 where DoND started to go wrong? I usually considered Matty to be the beginning of the "2008 unlucky era" (I considered Tolleck to be the end of the bad run in November, since Floodgate Adam and £0 Lee were both funny trainwrecks in a weird way), but you could give it a couple more months to include January where no power 5's came to the table and 3 people won 1p month. Some people here considered the last 2 months of 2007 to be the beginning of the bad run due to things like £1k Michael, Birthday Helen's banker handout, the "£16,500 week", Judy's forcing 5-box offer, lack of OPW's leading up to Christmas, the beginning of the sob story era and the lack of characters on the wings besides Clive and Marmite Orry....I know the show was getting under Billy's skin by that point... :eyes:


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216 ... 219  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bot and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Deal Or No Deal

[ View who is online ]

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Copyright ©2023 dond.co.uk All rights reserved

www.dond.co.uk is not responsible for the content posted by private individuals on this website. The views expressed herein are solely the opinions of the individuals that produced them and not necessarily the views of the owner, or of the admins, or of the moderators of this website.


Admin Zone Directory