Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:14 am    Author: Billy    Post subject: Most underrated contestant

Warnings: 0
Has there ever been a contestant you thought was really great, but no one ever seems to mention him or her anywhere? Or they do, but not as much as you think?

I'd go for Len, probably because he was part of the original 22 when only a few of us were watching. Great character on the wings ("I'm a coward, Deal", "Still a coward, Deal" etc...), and gave one of the best reactions to being picked ever, jumping and shouting "YES! I'VE DONE IT!". He deserved a lot more than £9,400, though it was still the right decision to Deal as it turned out to be the biggest offer all game, and £50 was in his box!

never_wrong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:22 am    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

I can think of a few - Gabrielle, Cathy, Barbara and Roy all spring to mind.

Gabrielle, especially, was one of my favourite players ever. Not only did she come across as a thoroughly lovely person in the chair but the fact she donated her winnings to charity (and got the banker to double the value of the box she opened) made her show really very unique.

I can also think of a few overrated players, but this isn't the thread for that ;)

Ciara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:49 am    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
It would have to be "that lovely Dave Woollin who played show 56 and bagged £20k". ;)

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:30 am    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

never_wrong wrote:
I can also think of a few overrated players, but this isn't the thread for that ;)

are you going to make a thread for it? im curious who you think ;)

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:12 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Ooh, I agree with never_wrong. Also - Pat G. She was overshadowed by the other Pat once she joined. And the current Sandra! I'm the only one who ever seems to mention her...

Ooh, and Bob! And the original Sandra! And the bearded Gary who swapped his £10k box for a £15k one! There are just too many...

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:19 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

Chris, Rich, Pierre, Max, Candice

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:22 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

new Sarah! :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

the1pclub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:25 pm    Author: the1pclub    Post subject: Re: Most underrated contestant

Billy wrote:
I'd go for Len, probably because he was part of the original 22 when only a few of us were watching. Great character on the wings ("I'm a coward, Deal", "Still a coward, Deal" etc...), and gave one of the best reactions to being picked ever, jumping and shouting "YES! I'VE DONE IT!". He deserved a lot more than £9,400, though it was still the right decision to Deal as it turned out to be the biggest offer all game, and £50 was in his box!

Len is one of the few contestants I can remember from the original 22 line-up from watching the More4 repeat yesterday of show #1.

Probably as it was from the beginnings of DoND, many people forget Len, but he's certainly remembered a lot more than other early contestants...the reaction as you mentioned has featured in countless montages, I can remember it being featured in the Double Deal week promo and end of season montage.

His reaction when the £50 was revealed was classic as well! "I BEAT 'IM!'

I remember the episode so well as it was on the day before me and a couple of mates at university set off to Bristol to see the show ourselves.

Speaking of which, we happened to see the 21/12 show, a contestant not often mentioned called Chris, a chauffeur who was using a system given to him by a friend, the first box unveiled was the £75k to which he tore it up!

There were countless good natured arguments between him and his wife, essentially she encouraged him to deal at £24,000. (But could have won £57,000).

It was a good hour, and a good result! - not often remembered though.

DON'T FORGET, IT'S TAX FREE!!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:03 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

This Len sounds like a legend. I saw him open his box on Lynn's game last night (he sounds just like my Maths teacher) - I can't wait to see his game!

Cazza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:25 pm    Author: Cazza    Post subject:

Oooo what time are the More 4 shows on as I didn't start watching until Irene's game at the beginning of the year and I'd love to see the early shows.

Is it 6.20 by any chance?

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:27 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

6.10pm

Cazza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:28 pm    Author: Cazza    Post subject:

Cheers Banker I'll be watching tomorrow night :D

tr4962

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:19 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

some others which are underated are Patricia and Brenda

sarah m

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:59 pm    Author: sarah m    Post subject: Has to be lovely Max

I have to agree about Len and Gabrielle. Gabrielle was just lovely, when she left she bought every single contestant a lucky dip for the next lottery - isn't that so nice?
And Len, well I met him a few weeks ago and he was SO funny and warm and a really great guy.
I'm also going to add one of my own though if I may, cause i reckon that Max was really really underated - she got slated so badly by some of the other web sites, and having spent several weeks with her, I couldn't think of single bad thing to say about her - she's gorgeous!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:02 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Hurrah...I knew I was right to like Gabrielle!

And I didn't see why everyone disliked Max so much - she was a bit crazy, but there've been far worse.

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:02 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I was one of the few who liked Max. She was/is definately underrated as a contestant. People I think who were underrated as contestants were Paula H, Patrick from March and Brenda.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:06 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I can't remember Patrick from March ever doing or saying anything. Maybe that's why he's underrated.

But yeah, Paula H was great! It was so funny in Mike's game, when all he had left was the £75,000, and he picked her....

Paula: 19's my lucky number, I've never had 19 before, so it's going to be good!
Mike: That's just want I to hear!
*Box 19 - £75,000*

Hahahahaha.

Well, it probably wasn't so funny for Mike...but I loved the look on Paula's face. She was cool.

tr4962

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:34 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

is Paula H the woman with the blonde hair

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:40 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

That's a bit vague!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:43 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

She's here, behind Box 8 (I know it's a crap pic but I can't be bothered to find a better one):

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]