Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

Is Donna Rampton the most spoiled contestant ever?
Yes 84%  84%  [ 11 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13

NiTROACTiVE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:04 am    Author: NiTROACTiVE    Post subject: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

Warnings: 0
We all know Donna's game from 12/12/06, but when she found out she could have had more than £21,000, she cried so much! I mean yes, it's sad that she sold the £250,000 but she should be proud with £21,000! :smt011 IMO, she represents Paris Hilton. So what do you think of her, spoiled or not?

Here's parts of her game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbyFxNDP0Nw

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:53 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

I'm afraid I have to say yes, she is the most spoiled contestant ever.

And I know this is a horrible thing to say, but IMHO she's one of the densest contestants ever, too.

There were quite a number of simple questions she couldn't answer during her time on the wings, and then of course she tried to blame her fiance for her deal - even though he didn't actually say anything along the lines of "I want you to take that £21k"... :roll: :roll:

And AFAIK, not many people liked her anyway.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?
Forum Games Moderator

Well you'd be pissed off if you squandered the dream finish.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

I'm sorry but yes - I remember the game two days after when the player (Sarah) won a tenner and took it very cheerfully, I remember thinking for their respective reactions to the amounts of money they won, they should have given Donna's £21k which she seemed so ungrateful for to Sarah. God that sounds horrible.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?
International Forums Moderator

You know, I'm thinking not Donna, but Chantelle from a few months later - difference is everyone forgets her because she got a Power 5 box win!!

That was probably the closest I ever got to celebrating a 1p win... she had an obnoxious (IMO) personality and made very questionable decisions, at least Donna didn't have the latter as £21k was arguable either way!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:52 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

KP wrote:
You know, I'm thinking not Donna, but Chantelle from a few months later - difference is everyone forgets her because she got a Power 5 box win!!

That was probably the closest I ever got to celebrating a 1p win... she had an obnoxious (IMO) personality and made very questionable decisions, at least Donna didn't have the latter as £21k was arguable either way!!

I sort of agree but I thought she looked well foxy in that suit. ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

NiTROACTiVE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:56 am    Author: NiTROACTiVE    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

KP wrote:

Can I have more info on this Chantelle? Also, is this the Chantelle you're talking about? If so, then she doesn't look very spoiled to me:
http://ilovedealornodeal.co.uk/Chantell ... 7-4-15-PM/

Brony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:57 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

What a horrible game! :cry:

holly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:24 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

i think im going to have to say yes as well. she was a bit of a diva

J Wilder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:48 pm    Author: J Wilder    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

I remember that game so well
And it's one of my all time favourites
Not cos she lost out to the big prize
But she listened to the boyfriend cos
If memory serves he told her to deal
And paid the biggest price on doing so

It's a cruel game in that respect
I do think she is a diva
But if she had of went with her gut feeling
She could have been another quarter of a millionaire

Thanks for sharing, love the Simpsons bit

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

J Wilder wrote:
If memory serves he told her to deal

He actually didn't tell her to deal - though it did look as if he wanted her to.

But it is her fault that she dealt...

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Donna Rampton = The Most Spoiled Contestant Ever?

TBH, I agree about Donna, but i kinda think Matty should be up there as well.

He was just way too cocky at the start of his game. When he brought in his money tree for the banker and demanded the swap straight away, he was just so sure that he had a huge amount his special box, and there was more proof of this when he no-dealt two VERY generous offers of £20,000 early in the game.

And when the crash and burn happened, The whole studio was in stunned silence, Matty could hardly speak , his poor wife was distraught, the banker threw it right back in his face by returning his money tree and tissues

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]