Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:53 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 9:53 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Frank
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
I thought I'd set up a thread for people to leave tributes to contestant Frank who has sadly passed away.

(In case anyone missed the end of Monday's show, Noel did a piece to camera to explain that shortly after Frank left the show due to ill health, he lost his fight to cancer. :( Noel also explained that his family had specifically requested that Frank's time on the show should still be aired.)

Frank seemed like a great character - it's very sad news. :(

yellowzebra8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:06 pm    Author: yellowzebra8    Post subject: Re: Frank

:( very sad news indeed, Frank was a brilliant character who provided lots of laughs, such a huge loss for his family and friends and all who knew him. R.I.P

dond_rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:19 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject: Re: Frank

Rest In Peace Frank.

As a former Cancer sufferer myself I am sorry that your life has ended to this cruel disease.

I will never forget that 1p kiss you gave

And to all his family and friends my thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

You were a great contestant and only the other day
The family were gathered round saying how well you looked for 81.

It’s come as a huge shock to Deal Or No Deal fans.

dond_rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject: Re: Frank

http://blog.dealornodeal.co.uk/?p=375

Leave your tributes.

sherriebettyboopfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:19 pm    Author: sherriebettyboopfan    Post subject: Re: Frank

The other day i had only left him a message on facebook. Rest In Peace Frank.

BoxClever

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:35 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: Frank

Such sad news.

Out of the current group of contestants, I was looking forward to Frank's game most of all. I'm sure it would have been brilliant. And for the short time that he was on the show, Frank was brilliant.

R.I.P.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:49 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Frank

i missed mondays game so i didnt know frank had passed away until i saw shahid's face book status. he had put R.I.P frank
very sad news as he seemed like a really nice guy.
R.I.P Frank x

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Frank

It takes a special kind of contestant to make such a lasting impression on so many in just 4 shows. Frank was clearly a very funny man and it's sad to think we'll not get to see him again, let alone watch him actually play the game.

My thoughts are with his friends and family, Rest in Peace Frank

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 am    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Frank

Just incase anyone wants to join, there is a Facebook group in the memory of Frank: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 8088689246

RIP Frank.

Ramesh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:56 pm    Author: Ramesh    Post subject: Re: Frank

Frank was a superb character. A wonderful dry sense of humour. On his first evening at the hotel, he was not sure about the dining arrangements and so we (Mayuri & I) sat with him. He was a cook (cafe) not a chef he told me. He explained he does not eat much because of his illness. He said he would like a glass of mil…k but none was avilable. I told him you have just to ask one of the waiters. He was reluctant so M did it for him.
He told us of how he came to England and all the hardships he had gone through. He spoke wonderfully and lovingly about his wife.
Next morning for breakfast, he was not sure of what to do and was so pleased that Mayuri could assist him again. He said he had not really experienced a hotel stay like this.
Been a prvilage to have met him. (An icing on the cake of my Deal experience. Just wish he had managed his own deal before his sad demise.) Quite some man. Happy memories.
His family is, I am sure very proud of him.
RIP.
Love
Ramesh & Mayuri
xxx

unclekevo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:58 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Frank

OMG I didn't know that :shock:
I missed the last of the show and didn't know. I was shocked when I saw Andy G in his place and no explanation. Can't believe the news, so shocked. I wish you all the sympathies in the world to his family. He was a legend and seemed so funny. I'm really shocked

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: Frank

Haven't been watching regularly but just watched Nicola's game on catch up and saw Frank. What a character he was and such a devastating thing that he wasn't able to make it to his own game. Thoughts and good wishes to all his family at this sad time.

andsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 am    Author: andsaunders    Post subject: Re: Frank

Very sad news. He seemed to be be a very lively and funny man and I know that his game would have been good fun! Very sad!

[ 13 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]