Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:38 am    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject: Have there ever been any contestants who haven't got on?

Warnings: 0
They always seem like one big family, but surely there must have been at least one pair of contestants at one time who really didn't get on. Does anybody know?

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:45 am    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject:

This sounds a bit like DOND Big Brother!!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:11 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

I would hate to think that any contestant hasn't got on well with another. Everyone seems too nice for arguments. :-D

jonny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:44 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject:

i'd love there to be a contestant everyone hated, and when it was their game, they'd open the boxes and be like 'hoping it's red, you bast.ard!'

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:35 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

jonny wrote:
i'd love there to be a contestant everyone hated, and when it was their game, they'd open the boxes and be like 'hoping it's red, you bast.ard!'

Haha! :lol:

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:16 am    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
jonny wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There has to have been at least one. Sure, for the cameras they'll big it up a bit and say 'good luck' or 'I hope its a blue' but I bet at the back of someones mind somewhere they're thinking the exact opposite!! It's human nature. You can't like everybody.

Donv

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:33 pm    Author: Donv    Post subject:

Vaughan was unpopular at the hotel. We saw why when he played.

wokoman88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:18 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

Donv wrote:
Vaughan was unpopular at the hotel. We saw why when he played.

it seems like it was the same for Janelle

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Spartacus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:38 pm    Author: Spartacus    Post subject: Re: Have there ever been any contestants who haven't got on?

smooth_criminal wrote:
They always seem like one big family, but surely there must have been at least one pair of contestants at one time who really didn't get on. Does anybody know?

You're quite right, in any group of 25 (22 plus replacements) which changes on a rolling basis there will be individuals who are less popular. It can be difficult for the viewer to spot; editing plus there's no way Endemol would let rampant disharmony show through.

One player was always complaining food, wardrobe, hotel, transport, studio, green room, noise, heat, cold.........the list was endless. The individual was avoided by other players as far as possible, but it's difficult when working and living so closely.

Another individual was renowned for drinking large amounts and was up late despite warnings from production crew to ease up. That individual wasn't popular with the majority and had a major fall out with a fellow contestant.

But the majority get on well together and enjoy the time in Bristol for what it is, a once in a lifetime experience with a great group of like minded people and cracking support at all times from production and crew.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]