Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:16 am Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 6:16 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 54  Next

david3383

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm    Author: david3383    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Here's Wednesday's edition of good ol' HugWatch!!! :-D

(Improvise some kind of tune) Every one needs a hug once in a while, a hug can do wonders! (Insert one of those traiangle instrument things!)When your feeling down a hug is all you need. So hug hug hug until your arms drop off...

Give me an H! H!
Give me a U! U!
Give me a G! G!
Give me a W! W!
Give me an A! A!
Give me a T! T!
Give me a C! C!
Give me an H! H!

What does that spell? HugWatch!

At the end of John's rather extraordinary game, Sharron rushed over from the end of the West Wing where HW champion Wilksy once stood. Shaz gave John a well-needed hug, closely followed by the sassy siren that is Steph.

By now, the rest of the West Wingers and East Wing Gang had gathered at the Pound Table but, given that she's on crutches, Sal came last in the HugWatch Stakes and won't carry on the impressive record of held by East Wing Gang predecessor Debbie, who was Queen of HugWatch so many times. Here is how the HugWatch Leader Board looks now:

Monday 17th July 2006: Debbie
Tuesday 18th July 2006: Chris
Wednesday 19th July 2006: Sharron

Sharron is today's Queen of HugWatch but will she dominate the Stakes like her predecessor Wilksy did? Will Steph beat her to gaining the HW crown? Will Lancey Boy and his debonair strolling clinch it? As Sal can't win it for reasons mentioned earlier, will Nev be the new East Wing Gang member who wins the HugWatch Stakes? Find out the answers to these posers and more in the next thrilling instalment of HugWatch....

(Piano)
Who will be the first to embrace?
Who will win the mighty race?
East or West?
Who's the best?
Nev or Lance?
Ooh, will they have a chance?
Sharron or Nick?
Will they be slow or quick?
Will Steph rush to congratulate
Or will she commiserate?
(Fading piano)

HugWatch ohh yey!

David, you're obsessed with trains and bloody Barnsley. - 22identicalboxes

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:16 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

:shock: Lance didn't even try today! He walked off into the audience, for some reason! Bizarre.

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:10 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
:shock: Lance didn't even try today! He walked off into the audience, for some reason! Bizarre.

It's a good job we have David doing Hugwatch as my eyes were completely drawn to Lance and his 90 degree turn into the crowd! He was looking the favourite too with a very purposeful stroll until his moment of madness... :-D

Maybe the contestants are now aware of Hugwatch and are deliberately out to confuse us! :D

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:05 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject:

Oh it sounds like I missed an exciting Hugwatch today what with Lance wandering off in the other direction - does anyone have any pics of this strange behaviour?! ;-)

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've had a a look at my recording (sorry, can't get any pics, it's on VHS tape!), and, if you look closely, when the viewer's competition blue boxes are being opened, to the right of the screen, somebody walks towards where Lance stands. Then, whilst all the others gather around John, Lance walks off, whilst clapping, towards the right and appears to exit at the back?!

maggie que

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:18 pm    Author: maggie que    Post subject: lance's fast exit.

Duffer wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:

It's a good job we have David doing Hugwatch as my eyes were completely drawn to Lance and his 90 degree turn into the crowd! He was looking the favourite too with a very purposeful stroll until his moment of madness... :-D

Maybe the contestants are now aware of Hugwatch and are deliberately out to confuse us! :D
l noticed lance dashing off too.looked as though he was dying to spend a penny lol.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

What's happened to HugWatch over the past couple of days?! :shock:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:17 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Maybe Lance needed the toilet! :lol:

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:42 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
What's happened to HugWatch over the past couple of days?! :shock:

Yeah, I think Nev won it today for the first time ever! His achievement needs to be recognised!

david3383

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:38 pm    Author: david3383    Post subject:

Sorry, been away for a couple of days. As I've now watched both yesterday's and today's editions of DoND, I'm proud to unveil a HugWatch double-bill starting with Thursday's:

(Improvise some kind of tune) Every one needs a hug once in a while, a hug can do wonders! (Insert one of those traiangle instrument things!)When your feeling down a hug is all you need. So hug hug hug until your arms drop off...

Give me an H! H!
Give me a U! U!
Give me a G! G!
Give me a W! W!
Give me an A! A!
Give me a T! T!
Give me a C! C!
Give me an H! H!

Because Lance dashed off towards the audience on Wednesday's show, he was determined to win Thursday's HugWatch Stakes. His determination, reflected by a rather swift stroll prior to giving Chris a hug, duly resulted in him being crowned King of HugWatch.

His West Winger neighbour, the foxy femme known as Steph closely followed by rushing to the Pound Table to give Chris a very energetic hug like she did at the start of the show. By this time, the rest of the gang had gathered at the Pfundtisch which became a haven of congratulatory hugs and kisses.

Voilà ze latest édition du HugWatch Leader Board:

Thursday 20th July 2006: Lance

Tally ho!!! Bip bop!!! Lance is Thursday's King of HugWatch but will he gain the title again on Friday to make it twice in a row? Will Sensational Steph beat him to it? Will it be Sharron like on Wednesday? Will Nev get a slice of the action? Find out in Friday's thrilling instalment of HugWatch....

(Piano)
East or West?
Who's the best?
Nev or Lance?
Sharron or Nick?
Or will she commiserate?
(Fading piano)

HugWatch ohh yey!

david3383

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:49 pm    Author: david3383    Post subject:

And now, here is today's instalment of the thing you all love!!! Yes, that's right!!! HugWatch!!! :-D

Give me an H! H!
Give me a U! U!
Give me a G! G!
Give me a W! W!
Give me an A! A!
Give me a T! T!
Give me a C! C!
Give me an H! H!

Well, a first happened in the HugWatch Stakes. Yes, Nev raced from his end of the East Wing to give Naqiyah a hug at the end of her rather unusual game. Sharron, Wednesday's Queen of HugWatch, closely followed and then the sensation that is Steph was in there to give her trademark CuteCuddle.

By this time, the rest of the West Wingers and most of the East Wing Gang had assembled at the Pound Table, though one or two members of the EWG were there last, including for obvious reasons, Sal. Here is the current complexion of the HugWatch Leader Board:

Friday 21st July 2006: Nev

Well what can I say? It looks like the competition to be King/Queen of HugWatch is hotting up a treat!!! Sharron, Lance and now Nev have all won the stakes at some stage this week but will they begin to dominate proceedings? Will Steph manage to get to de pondtafel quickly enough to claim the title of HugWatch Queen? Will Nev be much more impressive than predecessor Pierre in the Stakes? You really will have to be here for the last HugWatch before the summer break. Boo hoo!!! :cry:

Seriously, I hope tomorrow's HugWatch will be one to remember....

(Piano)
East or West?
Who's the best?
Nev or Lance?
Sharron or Nick?
Or will she commiserate?
(Fading piano)

HugWatch ohh yey!

david3383

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:21 pm    Author: david3383    Post subject:

As Deal or No Deal finishes today for a summer break, so does HugWatch. Don't worry, I'll have a little something to keep the thread going when DoND is off air!!! But now, the last HugWatch report of this season:

Give me an H! H!
Give me a U! U!
Give me a G! G!
Give me a W! W!
Give me an A! A!
Give me a T! T!
Give me a C! C!
Give me an H! H!

It was almost too close to call in the HugWatch Stakes today but, as he arrived at the Pound Table and was the first to hug Giorgio, Lance was today's King of HugWatch.

Yesterday's winner, Nev, came a close second and the rest of the Red Box Gang had all gathered around Giorgio to commiserate and give him lots of hugs and kisses. Now, the last week of HugWatch before the summer break summed up by the Leader Board:

Friday 21st July 2006: Nev
Saturday 22nd July 2006: Lance

I was right in saying the competition in the HugWatch Stakes would hot up and boy, it has between Nev and Lancey Boy!!! Will this continue? Will the luscious lady I'm supporting, Steph, get a slice of the action? Find out in the first edition of HugWatch after the summer break....

(Piano)
East or West?
Who's the best?
Nev or Lance?
Sharron or Nick?
Or will she commiserate?
(Fading piano)

HugWatch ohh yey!

Right, that's the last report taken care of!!! To keep this thread going during the summer break, what have been your most memorable HugWatch moments?

The ones that spring to my mind are:

1. Mad Mel's Hugging and Swaying Action
    2. Louise and her Speedy Gonzales-esque Sprinting
    3. Delicious Debs consistently dominating the HugWatch Stakes

What are yours? Discuss!!!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:20 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:

The bizarre slowness of the hugging at the end of Janelle's game. :?

Lance dashing off into the audience, and out through the exit.

Ciara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:25 am    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
Maybe he needed to pee?

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:26 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Whatever Sarah did when she hugged them. I'm sure she did it well!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:33 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

As well as the clip they showed at the end, they should of also made a clip of some of HugWatch's best hugs! :lol:

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:19 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Perhaps david3383 could do that? :D Hint, hint ;) ;)

Duffer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:06 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

My highlight of Hugwatch is the hug that Chris gave Debbie (latter day Hugwatch queen) after her £250 game. It nearly lasted the length of the closing credits... :? :-D

david3383

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:31 pm    Author: david3383    Post subject:

"The Banker" wrote:
As well as the clip they showed at the end, they should of also made a clip of some of HugWatch's best hugs!

h2005 wrote:
Perhaps david3383 could do that? :D Hint, hint ;) ;)

OK, my suggestion of what clips to include in a HugWatch montage:

1. A few shots of HugWatch dominators like Lucy, Dave W, Mark W and Debbie giving their hugs.

2. Peter and his speedy wheeling.

3. Mad Mel and her hugging and swaying action.

4. Louise and her Speedy Gonzales-esque Sprinting at the end of Jainie's game complete with the song "The Banker" made up:

Louise's a shooting star leaping through the sky, like a tiger defying the laws of gravity! She's a racing car passing by, like Lady Godiva, she's gonna go go go there was no stopping her, she's burning through the sky yeah, two hundred degrees that's why she should be called Mrs. Fahrenheith, she's travelling at the speed of light!...So don't stop her now!

5. Chris giving HugWatch Queen Debbie a long-lasting hug.

6. Lance walking into the audience instead of giving John a hug.

7. Pierre finally giving Janelle a hug after it seemed no-one wanted to hug her.

Any further suggestions? Please post them here!!! :D

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:34 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

david3383 wrote:
4. Louise and her Speedy Gonzales-esque Sprinting at the end of Jainie's game complete with the song "The Banker" made up:

Louise's a shooting star leaping through the sky, like a tiger defying the laws of gravity! She's a racing car passing by, like Lady Godiva, she's gonna go go go there was no stopping her, she's burning through the sky yeah, two hundred degrees that's why she should be called Mrs. Fahrenheith, she's travelling at the speed of light!...So don't stop her now!

:shock: "The Banker" is Freddie Mercury??

[ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 54  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]