Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:15 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:15 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Warnings: 0
Well, would you look at that?

You don't see a Draw happen on this show everyday, but nicely played by Jean :)

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:55 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

well done jean , fantastic game i really enjoyed that :)

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:57 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Carmine had a draw about a month ago - and he had box 10 on the table also

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:57 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

I missed snippets of this game due to the TV freezing at random moments ( :x ), but overall that was a very enjoyable game. She played the twist at exactly the right moment, and she won a solid amount of money after initially it looked like the game wouldn't get going.

People will say it's a draw, but IMO I think it can be considered am OPW because she won the maximum out of her game.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Big-Davey wrote:
Noel can't remember when the last deadheat was...wasn't it sometime in early January? :| (MisterAl to confirm?)

And it is!

Carmine exactly 4 weeks ago.

I thought of KP as soon as Noel announced the prediction twist.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:59 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Good opening game to Love Week :sk hope you enjoy your money Jean x

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:02 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

matt26 wrote:
I missed snippets of this game due to the TV freezing at random moments ( :x ), but overall that was a very enjoyable game. She played the twist at exactly the right moment, and she won a solid amount of money after initially it looked like the game wouldn't get going.

People will say it's a draw, but IMO I think it can be considered am OPW because she won the maximum out of her game.

If I'm not wrong, it could be considered an OPW - a draw is when the peak offer is exactly double what the player deals (going by the Bothers' Bar definitions).

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Yep Simon - me and KP said at Christmas what would make a great new twist, and his love of the dutch version (I can't spell it off by heart haha) he wanted a twist involving correctly predicting the contents of the box to win a prize!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:05 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Loving the costumes and theme this week - the costume and set design departments have excelled themselves.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:10 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

I like the sparkles :sk

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

The opening of the 1p box was one of the more memorable moments in DOND history! :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

rico7 wrote:
The opening of the 1p box was one of the more memorable moments in DOND history! :D

Actually the most memorable part of the filming of today's game ended up on the cutting room floor.

Before the game had started, the warm up man had told us that Jean was partial to the odd alcohol beverage and she was the life of the party and had a special party piece she liked to perform.

After Jean's "no...............Deal" at 6 box, Noel got a bit worried because the Banker could have interpreted what she said as No Deal. The phone rang and the Banker said that he would accept the fact that Jean meant to say Deal if she was willing to perform a rendition of "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" which she proceeded to do on the Walk of Wealth.

The relief when the 1p was opened in the studio was huge. To get £20k out of a game that didn't look like getting going was a great result, especially for a lady like Jean who was very likeable.

maggieq

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:28 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

:smt051 :smt055 loved every part of todays show.Jean was a hoot.even Noel looked very angelic :smt059
Hope the rest of LOVE WEEK is as good.Enjoy all that dosh Jean.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Well that was a game that looked to be going nowhere until the latter stages thanks to some good fortune with the boxes and the extra twist. It worked out better that way as I'm sure Jean would have been out much earlier had the boxes been kinder earlier on, but it was much more interesting this way! :)

We wait ages for someone to sell the box for its value and not get a higher offer for yonks then two come along in the space of a few weeks (indeed Jean was on the wings for Carmine's game which makes it even more odd that nobody remembers it)!

The recession must be affecting the show though when you consider last year whoever got given the "love heart" or whatever it was automatically got a prize and didn't have to guess their box contents - obviously if the player leaves the nominated box longer they have a higher chance of predicting correctly as there's less values to choose from (which may induce people into going further than they want) - I know Dan Judge mentioned last year it was a burden on cautious players like Clare-Louise and Ash for instance, so maybe it's done to combat that (or I've been reading too many posts by KP and looking for things that aren't there) ;-)

But an excellent show to start the week off, so I think we're in for a good week if today is to go by!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:54 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Fantastic start to love week. It looked at one point like Jean's game would be over before it began but well done her for holding her nerve and using her love god at just the right time

The idea of the LG having to predict the amount in their box to win a prize is an interesting one and as has been noted is bound to save on prizes (not least because no-one is going to say I think i've got £250k in my box - not in live play anyway). Not sure about them having to sit out the game on the love throne though, judging by what nearly happened when Justin sat down today there was little consultation between the set designer and the wardrobe dept :oops:

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:05 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Fantastic start to love week. It looked at one point like Jean's game would be over before it began but well done her for holding her nerve and using her love god at just the right time

The idea of the LG having to predict the amount in their box to win a prize is an interesting one and as has been noted is bound to save on prizes (not least because no-one is going to say I think i've got £250k in my box - not in live play anyway). Not sure about them having to sit out the game on the love throne though, judging by what nearly happened when Justin sat down today there was little consultation between the set designer and the wardrobe dept :oops:

It is an interesting twist to how they do it on the Dutch version where the guessers don't have any emotional involvement in how the player's game turns out.

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 am    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:

That was one of the best Bits!bet they cut some of it out.
:lol:

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:30 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

maggieq wrote:
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:

That was one of the best Bits!bet they cut some of it out.
:lol:

Sorry to disappoint but nothing was on show in the studio. I do have to say that the male costumes suited some contestants more than others.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:15 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

Brilliant start to Love Week! Noel looks hilarious, although some people might not realise he's dressed up. :lol:

I thought Jean was the ideal contestant to kick it off. She was a really lovely lady, and reminded me of my late Grandma in many ways, so I'd had a bit of a soft spot for her while she was on the wings. :-) Great that she managed to get £20,000 out of a game that looked dodgy at one point.

The costumes are nice and the set looks good too - they all look very pretty in their togas - although some more than others. Thankfully the contestants don't seem to be wearing masses of extra make-up like they've done during other 'themed' weeks (although I thought they looked a bit more orange than usual today), so at least we can still recognise everyone.

I thought the lingering shots of Justin sitting in the corner of the studio as the 'Love God' were great, with all the added visual effects and sound effects - it reminded me of the cheesy (!) Philadelphia adverts which featured those two 'angels' discussing how they thought the cheese was heavenly. :lol:

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Jean - Love Week

h2005 wrote:

I thought the lingering shots of Justin sitting in the corner of the studio as the 'Love God' were great, with all the added visual effects and sound effects - it reminded me of the cheesy (!) Philadelphia adverts which featured those two 'angels' discussing how they thought the cheese was heavenly. :lol:

They did play the heavenly music in the studio but obviously the angelic glow was added later. We were asked to do a Wayne's World "we're not worthy"-type hand bow when the Love God walked to his throne and it looked as silly on screen as it felt to do in the studio.

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]