Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:07 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:07 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show of the Month pollsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Show of the Month - May?
Poll ended at Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:54 pm
Gaz (£100,000, 2nd) 37%  37%  [ 16 ]
Pat M (£1,000, 3rd) 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Morris (£20,000, 6th) 30%  30%  [ 13 ]
Max (£7,700, 13th) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Tom (£33,000, 18th) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Raj (£1, 19th) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Lofty (£18,000, 23rd) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Patricia (£32,000, 24th) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
June (£23,000, 26th) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Simone (£1, 29th) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 43

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:54 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Show of the Month - May - The Final

Warnings: 0
So like the World Cup, all the qualifiers are here and it's time to find a winner. Morris must be the DOND equivalent of Brazil, but will one of the others play the role of Trinidad or Togo and deal out a shock result?

5 days to vote for a winner.

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:09 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I'm going for Gaz's game, because it was a happy ending rather than Morris' sad ending.

Martin259

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:18 pm    Author: Martin259    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
I'm going for Gaz's game, because it was a happy ending rather than Morris' sad ending.

Me 2, that had bad luck all the way, then a pull off round. so thriling and exciting.

hammondstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:43 pm    Author: hammondstar    Post subject:

Seeing as I voted for Tan in the heat, and he still didn't get through :evil: I have voted for Raj! :-D

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:44 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Oooh, this is tricky. Not that anyone asked, or cares, but here's my opinion on all of them:

Gaz - Didn't really notice him on the wings, and it was a bit of a dull start, but the fantastic turnaround made for one of the best endings ever. He also seemed like a really, really nice guy, which made the result even better.

Pat - Probably the most entertaining contestant ever on the wings, and she kept it up for her show. Disappointing result, though, which made it a bit of an anti-climax.

Morris - I knew that it was majorly unlikely that someone had won the £250k, given that it would have been in all the papers...but I still thought he might do it. Which just shows what a great game it was. Painful ending, though, and I always get a bit annoyed when people "believe" they have a certain amount in their box.

Max - Didn't really see what all the fuss was about; she seemed like a perfectly nice woman, who just wanted to have fun with her game. Having said that, it wasn't a particularly exciting game.

Tom - Didn't find this one particularly exciting, either. Still, I couldn't stand him at the start of the show, and really liked him by the end of it, so he must have done something right.

Raj - Dreadful game in terms of the luck he had, but, like others have said, I loved the way he kept positive and cheerful right to the bitter end. If he'd got the 50p and not the £1, I'd definitely have voted for him!

Lofty - Really liked him, and really liked the fact that he stopped when he felt it was right for him and his family, despite the fact there was probably more out there. Still, a deal at the third offer never makes for a classic game.

Patricia - Really liked her as well, and it was a pretty exciting game; shame she had the £250k all along, but she was another one who seemed thrilled with what she got despite missing out on more.

June - One of the funniest and most likeable contestants ever, combined with a pretty decisive victory against the banker...definitely a contender.

Simone - Again, a pretty dull start, but an amazingly exciting (and painful) finish. Definitely one I'll remember.

I'd say it's between Gaz, Pat, June, and Simone...I really want to go for Pat because of everything she contributed in the shows before hers, but sadly her actual game was a bit of a disappointment. So I think it has to be Gaz!

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:44 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Vote for June

look at my sig

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:46 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

(Also, Gaz's game was the only one in which Sarah had a starring role - opening the £250k right at the start. So it really does have to be him.)

(I'll stop typing now, I promise.)

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:48 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

She had a starring role in the wrong way.

Cazzie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:48 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:

Gaz - Didn't really notice him on the wings, and it was a bit of a dull start, but the fantastic turnaround made for one of the best endings ever. He also seemed like a really, really nice guy, which made the result even better.

Not much to add to that but just to say I voted for Gaz too for all of the above reasons ;)

:-D

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:50 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
She had a starring role in the wrong way.

No, she helped. If she hadn't opened the £250,000, the offers would have been higher, and Gaz would have been more likely to deal, and would therefore have missed out on the £100,000 in his box. So really, she did him a favour, and should get...hmm....90% of his winnings. Only fair.

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:06 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I'm not convinced by your argument at all.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:48 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Oh cheer up Greeny.

I have to vote fot Pat. She was amazing and still is the best contestant to set foot in that game.

PatM all the way.

My dislike club: The number 3

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:03 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject:

I'll have to go with Morris. I liked the way we'd go to know him when he was in the wings, I liked the way the other contestants rhymed before opening their boxes, and it had an exciting finish.

Everything combined, it made for a great show!

justcause110

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:17 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

I'll go for Morris because of the game and how unlucky it was not to be the £250k

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:37 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

definately morris

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:26 am    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject:

Pat M's game was the best in may for pure entertainment

crawley_town

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:05 pm    Author: crawley_town    Post subject:

All really good shows, but morris's game was a game to remember

Morris the Poet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:21 pm    Author: Morris the Poet    Post subject:

Thank you to all those who have voted for me
I really appreciate it respect and easy

Gaz99er

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:33 pm    Author: Gaz99er    Post subject:

hey - thanks guys to all of you who voted for me in the Best Show of the Month poll and also the Best Show ever - how unreal is that! Life after DOND is just crazy - loads of people ranging from students to OAPs have beeen coming into the ice cream parlour to congratulate us and ask questions about the show - I really didn't realise just quite how popular DOND is - it seems everyone watches it. Just in case you are wondering my favourite show has to be Morris's purely for his courage - the hard est decision I had to make in my show was the swap - and that wasn't shown on tv! Anyway guys - take care and thanks again, Gaz.

Maltus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:04 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

I voted for Morris for pure atmosphere and bravery. Gaz's game had it in spades as well and a great result, but for me Morris's game just had the edge.

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show of the Month pollsAll times are UTC [ DST ]