Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:42 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Game 312

Warnings: 0
Hello everybody.

Does anybody know whether Challenge are getting close to broadcasting the as yet unseen game 312? If so, can we make sure there's a commentary please? (Unfortunately I don't have access to Challenge at the moment.)

Thanks all.

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:44 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Game 312

MisterAl wrote:
Hello everybody.

Does anybody know whether Challenge are getting close to broadcasting the as yet unseen game 312? If so, can we make sure there's a commentary please? (Unfortunately I don't have access to Challenge at the moment.)

Thanks all.

Haven't been watching the Challenge repeats but I remember someone mentioned here that we are very close to aforementioned game... If they do show it (which I doubt they will), if someone lets me know when it's on I'll definitely be able to do a commentary. :smt023

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:56 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Game 312

Thanks. I can't see any reason why Challenge wouldn't show it, unless it wasn't included in the bundle of episodes they bought. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:25 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Game 312
Administrator & Global Moderator

I suppose it depends whether it was 'blacklisted' so it could never be shown anywhere. It'd be a bit odd if they did show it, considering it's never been aired on Channel 4, but it's also perfectly feasible that it will get aired.

I believe when Endemol have handed over each programme to Channel 4, it then becomes Channel 4's. I'm guessing that Endemol made the request to Channel 4 not to air this episode, so assuming Challenge bought the shows from Channel 4 (and not Endemol), then I think it's highly likely it won't have been earmarked to never be broadcast.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Game 312

I suppose the crucial point is whether the decision not to broadcast the episode back in 2006 meant that it was removed from the archives. My recollection is that the show wasn't aired due to the contestant having a family bereavement in the same week; without knowing the full details of the situation my feeling is that now, over six years on, that wouldn't be an issue any more.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see it broadcast on Challenge, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get broadcast either. What I really want is for somebody to keep an eye on Challenge over the next couple of weeks to be sure, and to get the details of the game if it gets shown. Any volunteers?

Edit: From what I can glean, I think that game 312 would be broadcast (or skipped over) on the morning of Friday 19 April.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Game 312

I'm recording them all on my Sky Box but I'm quite a bit behind due to them showing 2 episodes per day (I have only watched fully up to Hannah's game but seen the odd one since just to gauge where we're up to). I'm due to be up early on Fri 19th so that will be a good chance to see exactly what's what.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Game 312
International Forums Moderator

I'll commentate on it if needs be/Joel isn't up - I'm heading off early that morning for a Dream Factory visit and it'll be a perfect warmup :)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:04 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Game 312

Tomorrow's the possible big day. I hope you didn't forget, KP.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Game 312
International Forums Moderator

It's 312! Introduction mentions Neil who played 311!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]