Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:43 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 6:43 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

johnr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:45 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

Warnings: 0
I was just about to come on here and moan about the terrible Challenge editing but I did a bit of a Google and see that even the Channel 4 broadcast didn't feature a 2 box offer!

Slightly bizarre :shock:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:48 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

Yes I remember watching Haleem's game first time round, there was the spanking confirmed and the box opened straightaway so :) a big difference but back in the day it didn't seem "not normal" I guess

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

Plus can any of you guys remember commenting on when Lynn's game was first repeated in 2007? One of us (Aaron or H I can't remember which...) even made an anorak comment about the *boom* noises "doubling up" in the intro :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

I'm just reading the old Bother's Bar commentaries on these shows.

Oli's show on the Saturday was the first show I ever watched live and I actually posted this

"Is there actually someone on the other end of the phone?
Saturday, November 05, 2005, 16:21:55"

:smt046

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge
Administrator & Global Moderator

Big-Davey wrote:
Plus can any of you guys remember commenting on when Lynn's game was first repeated in 2007? One of us (Aaron or H I can't remember which...) even made an anorak comment about the *boom* noises "doubling up" in the intro :lol:

I think it was both of us who mentioned it on separate occasions! They seem to do a single-boom sometimes and a double-boom sometimes in the early intros. :lol:

bb67

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

Hey guys, I won't be able to do the commentaries from yesterday's games until tonight after 10.

taff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:18 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

Thought I'd check this out this evening - TV listings say 8pm(?) Switched on at 7pm and saw most of the game which I have to say was not that entertaining. And what's this with the 'right' and 'left' wings, no 1p kiss, no governor and a ludicrous offer at 8 box? The show has come a long way since its early days.
I did stay on Challenge for an evening of pure nostalgia - Blockbusters (had forgotten the blatant cheating that used to go on); Bullseye (used to be compulsive viewing Sunday teatime) and Millionaire.
Classic stuff!

sonicrules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

Watched £120k Jenny today, u'd never get an offer that high anymore with just quarter mil and blue left!! They appear to be in order, in that case can't wait for baby faced assassin Joey's game, SOOOO gorgeous, lovely voice, and figure, didn't see her game live, was away in December 2006 at Christmas, she played on 27th, I can remember as I watched the rest on 4od, and they doubled up shows, 2 a day as it was Christmas, was gutted, that was the one that wasn't on 4od! It's the only game I wish I'd seen but havent, that's if they show that far!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:17 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

I remembered Trevor as being quite a good advice-giver and a bit of a mathematician, and indeed Noel refers to him as "Trevor the Sage". However a lot of the comments he's made have simply been based on feelings he's had, and he just said he thought an offer of £7,500 was coming on an 8-box board where the average was about £6,600. :ponder: (Mind you, I suppose he can't be blamed for predicting an above-the-mean offer, seeing as he was there for Madie's 120%-of-the-mean offer!)

He was always full of energy on the wings though, and encouraged the players a lot... but his maths aren't as good as I remembered them to be!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DoND repeats to air on Challenge

Also, Leigh's game seems to be the first where Noel refers to the "west" and "east" wings, rather than the "left" and "right". I remember reading it was because Jennifer had pointed out that saying "left" and "right" wing sounded a bit political!

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]