Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 am Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:26 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
James1978 wrote:
Oh and I think Daniel 4389 would really not have wanted to be 100k Gaz (apart from hs winnings of course) - anyone notice he was sitting between Bunney and Buddy? ;-)

It really made me laugh when I saw the shot of Noel (obviously standing in front of where Gaz was) with Bunney and Buddy visible either side of him! Sounds like Daniel's worst nightmare, they could only have topped that by having GK and £35k Lucy next to them...

Anyway, well done Annie, and great to see so many familiar faces back (is there a thread with the names of all those people spotted, if so I haven't seen it yet!) Shame they couldn't have extended it and made it a prime-time show though.

Here's to the next 500 - looking forward to the £1m 1000th show already (due around February/March 2009?) :D

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:53 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

This show certainly had a HUGE build up, but did it live up to expectations? For the overall feel of it – the contestants dressed up, the ex-contestants in the audience, the anticipation at the start of who would play and how exactly that player would be chosen – yes it did live up to expectations. However, what was a little disappointing was I was expecting there to be more behind-the-scenes stuff and I was expecting Noel to talk to more of the ex-contestants in the audience, and perhaps maybe even have a few Hall of Fame style video clips, at least during the breaks.

The game itself, whilst this is obviously uncontrollable, was quite bizarre in that she seemed to hit the highest and lowest number remaining in each round, to the extent of knocking out the £500k and 1p as the first 2 boxes in round 1, and knocking out the £250k and 10p in round 2!

It was nice to see the contestants get £500 each and each ex-contestant getting a bottle of champagne as the 1p was found in the first round, but part of the fun of the £500k shows is to see how the offers differ and it also makes it interesting how the player will react to these inflated offers and whether they will get seduced by the sight of the £500k on the board. I feel a bit like Wakey saying this, but I’m going to say it anyway – I think for a £500k game, we do need a huge gambler to get maximum potential out of it, but on the other hand, we don’t particularly want to see a trainwreck on a special show so maybe it’s better to have a more cautious player for such a show.

Annie played the game well and I really didn’t think she’d get as much as £10,000 out of it when it looked as though the game was just slowly falling apart when she kept hitting the big ones in each round, and I never thought it’d be an OPW – the first since Eric which was nearly two weeks ago, so well done Annie and enjoy the money!

Happy 500 to DOND and here’s to the next 500! Long may this forum and the show itself continue! :-D

Last edited by h2005 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danielj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:20 am    Author: Danielj    Post subject:

Well said H :D !

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:21 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Yes, I would rayther shoot myself than be Gax, and he was cool so he deserved a much betetr poosition. Poor Gaz. :(

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:31 am    Author: greeny    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Yes, I would rayther shoot myself than be Gax, and he was cool so he deserved a much betetr poosition. Poor Gaz. :(

Oh dear Dan, it seems you were rather drunk last night!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:20 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

no

i despise being drunk. it exists.

Anyway, as I was trying to say - I noticed the Bunney/Gaz/Buddy thing too! I was also quite annoyed that both of those two (and I think Lucy) were there, while Sarah and Jaye were nowhere to be seen... :evil:

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:31 am    Author: Power5    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
no

i despise being drunk. it exists.

Anyway, as I was trying to say - I noticed the Bunney/Gaz/Buddy thing too! I was also quite annoyed that both of those two (and I think Lucy) were there, while Sarah and Jaye were nowhere to be seen... :evil:

In fact I think the only two there from your top 10 signature were Pat M and Di Please (unless anyone managed to spot any of the others?)

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]