Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:17 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 11:17 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Zeddie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:23 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
SrWilson wrote:
30k sure theres always a risk

He didn't want to risk it. Simple as that. What if he had No Dealt and taken all three biggies out, which is a possibility, considering they weren't in 9 or 11, and he didn't have them in his box. It could've all gone horribly wrong. And after Lynn's game, I think they're all being quite cautious, which is perfectly fine.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:24 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Another really good win, I would have probably dealt at £30,000, because I just wouldn't have been able to risk it. I really thought Jeff had the big one towards the end, but luckily he didn't.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:32 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

I'm sorry but no way would the Banker have offered £41,000 and £52,000. Way too over inflated!

Anyway, welldone Jeff! Enjoy the money! :D

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:33 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

I agree. Noel says the contestant has to play on with total honesty. Shame the rule doesn't seem to apply to Endemol as well.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:34 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Hahah, Jeff was an absolute *beep* legend...one of the best players ever IMO. Loved the way he played it and I think that was more or less an OPW really - the offers may have gone up, but nowhere near that high and they could quite easily have stuck at £30k both times. And even if the peak offer really would have been £52k...meh, it's not high enough to get really disappointed about in my book. So well done Jeff! (Although a very un-well done to whoever's picking the players for putting another legend on early...)

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:58 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Lewis246 wrote:
I agree. Noel says the contestant has to play on with total honesty. Shame the rule doesn't seem to apply to Endemol as well.

ITA. The banker does not offer 91% of the mean in active play, end of.
The offer would not have been £52,000. it would have been similar to Graeme's £41,000 at the most.

Suezan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Really enjoyed this game glad he at least did get what he needed which was the 30k

Power5

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:57 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well done Jeff - good result for another great character, surprising to see him deal so early on that board but Lynn's game still seems to be influencing everyone who comes to the chair. At least he didn't miss out on too much, given the inflated proveout offers!

Box 4 and a third offer deal - anyone else relieved Wakey's been banned again? :lol:

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well done Jeff for such a brave 3rd offer deal.

Very sensible - the board was so dodgey what with only the £250,000, £100,000 and £75,000 and 5 other reds left.

With men like you and Steven its hard to imagine how we ever lost the Empire.

Enjoy the money!

Power5

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:06 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Surely not the slightest hint of sarcasm there Basicasic? ;) Somebody received a final warning recently by any chance?

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:09 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Power5 wrote:
Somebody received a final warning recently by any chance?

Not yet ;)

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:22 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Power5 wrote:
anyone else relieved Wakey's been banned again? :lol:

I wondered where he was? What did he get banned for? His posts have seemed fairly innocuous lately. He even did the commentary on Sunday with no stir-up!

Power5

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:31 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Power5 wrote:
anyone else relieved Wakey's been banned again? :lol:

I wondered where he was? What did he get banned for? His posts have seemed fairly innocuous lately. He even did the commentary on Sunday with no stir-up!

No official word on the matter, I suspect it was just a case of Kestral losing patience with the way the Today's Show threads were going. I think he tried to re-register under another username yesterday but was quickly recognised!

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:10 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:( I know I said I didn't want Kascey to play for ages yet, but I really wish she'd played today.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:32 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I very much doubt that 41 and 52 grand would have been the offers..especially the 52.

Well done though!

AVIE

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:51 pm    Author: AVIE    Post subject:

I wouldn't have played that game any differently, either, and I like Jeff, seemed a good kinda bloke to me.

WHY DO WE NEED A DICTIONARY??

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:31 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

I think it's hilarious the way you all are so unilateral in your assertions about the proveout offers. Just yesterday they were low and today you are claiming they are inflated. The fact is, they are what the Banker says they are.

Jeff was clearly in line for massive offers for whatever reason (personally I think the Banker was just determined he wouldn't win the big one) - 30 grand was absolutely huge! I think the subsequent offers were totally in line with that. Totally consistent with preventing a big win by a rich man.

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:15 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

croftrock wrote:
I think it's hilarious the way you all are so unilateral in your assertions about the proveout offers. Just yesterday they were low and today you are claiming they are inflated. The fact is, they are what the Banker says they are.

I agree. Its a wonder they aren't all dizzy with the number of U-turns they keep making.

Yesterday everybody was going on about how much nicer Noel has been lately. Today they're all complaining about how nasty he was today.

Poor old Noel just can't win!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:25 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

At least the 41k and 52k weren't above the mean - that's what made Anne-Marie's proveout so crap!! And in all truth, his 5 box board was slightly better than both Di's and Graeme's when they were offered in the 40s, so I guess its only a few grand higher than it really should have been, so doesn't really change the result!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:52 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
At least the 41k and 52k weren't above the mean - that's what made Anne-Marie's proveout so crap!! And in all truth, his 5 box board was slightly better than both Di's and Graeme's when they were offered in the 40s, so I guess its only a few grand higher than it really should have been, so doesn't really change the result!

yeah the offers were a good few grand higher than they should have been but i think he was still at least a few grand short of an OPW both times!

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]