Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:18 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:18 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

JO!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:13 am    Author: JO!    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Well done Jeff, enjoyable game, yeah I would have dealt at £30,000, it's alot of money to gamble!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:24 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Actually having watched the repeat, I noticed one thing that might have made him lose out on a few grand - when he was messing about and picked the next box before he'd been given the second offer, he said he was going to pick Karen. When he actually got round to picking the next three boxes, he left Karen out, and left her left the first box after dealing, and she had the 1p.

Now if he'd picked Karen in active play, he would have left Joe (who had the 35k) till the next round, as he was the third box picked, so if Jeff had remembered what he was doing, his board at the 3rd offer would have only had 2 blues, and the £35k would still have been there, and producing an offer in the region of 40k, and it MIGHT have given him an OPW, as he would have taken out the 35k AND 100k in the 4th round!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:47 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

They'd have gone up, but by eleven grand each round? Not a cat in hell's chance. £35k and £40k more likely.

Noel's turned back his new leaf by the sound of it then? Irony given the box on the table!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I knew opinion on Jeff would be mixed - he did seem a little arrogant but I think it worked for him and he came across as being quite a character! When he was speaking to the audience and Noel was on the phone to the banker having a 'private' conversation, it'd have been great if Noel had said "Oh yes" and "Oh, I know!" in the style of Sybil Fawlty, as Jeff was rather like Basil Fawlty... :P

An interesting game and I thought that those proveout offers were a little high, and I was expecting offers in the region of, as KP suggests, £35k and £40k...

Noel also wasn't too bad today, and he could've been in ultra guilt trip mode to encourage people to no deal after Lynn's game, but he wasn't too bad actually, and even said at the end that Jeff had beaten the banker, although I suspect he only did that as he knew Jeff probably wouldn't take any *beep* and Noel realised his guilt trip wouldn't work!

A very well done and enjoy the money, Jeff!

Stephen

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:23 am    Author: Stephen    Post subject:

Tom 22,hiya Pal .
I don't remember mentioning Bristol Rovers ?Even though the box opening was iffy! I had the tab off as soon as Noel gave me the "nod" and then we started laughing ,I stood there for about 10mins like that.(It's not as easy as people think being a box opener.HaHa)

it's been interesting and surprising reading people's reaction to Jeff's game. :-D

suszie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:47 am    Author: suszie    Post subject:

Yes i noticed that to, that he went to the other box instead of karen's, i thought noel might off picked up on that, as he seems to any other game.

well done on the money jeff, at least he is giving some of it to charity.

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:18 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject:

Well done Jeff.

Thought you might try one more round!

Still £30K is a great sum of money.

Enjoy

Suezan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:54 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

I think Jeff was a lovable eccentric guy, glad he took the 30k more than enough money for anyone, I would personally of gone one more round and then gone, but after the heartbreak of Kirsty, Savvas and Lynn's games you can't blame the guy for thinking that maybe his luck was going to run out. Did he mind not going on honestly I don't think he did I think he managed to get enough money for himself and his charity, had a great time in Bristol, and got a decent result.

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]