Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:44 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 2:44 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:40 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
BlairM wrote:
I thought it was horrible, she wasn't even grateful for the £1000.

Why do many players think when they play their game they have a right to a fortune ?

I hate generalisations like that!
"Many" my pert Geordie derriere

They dont think they have a right to a fortune.
They hope they are going to be lucky.
There is a world of difference.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:50 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

The thread was going so well until the game finished (even Wakey managed to hold back his opinions until the final whistle went). Then unfortunately it went downhill just like Lynn's game itself, with a number of people queueing up to put the boot in. :(

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:56 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Poor Lynn. :(

You can't blame her for taking the £1,000 after the round she had. I think at that stage she just wanted to get out of the game as quickly as possible with some money. At least she didn't go home with 50p, that really would have been horrible.

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:07 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Power5 wrote:
The thread was going so well until the game finished (even Wakey managed to hold back his opinions until the final whistle went). Then unfortunately it went downhill just like Lynn's game itself, with a number of people queueing up to put the boot in. :(

What are you on about! Whether positive or negative people have expressed their views on the game. I've spoken already to a few people about the game (not on the forum) and everyone of them thought she was irritating and her crying embarrasing. So its not as if anyone on here has said anything that could be construed as untrue or vaguely against popular public opinion.

If you want a good news forum just put up a big notice saying 'only nice comments please - no criticism here'.

I'd rather have honest opinion than dishonest sucking up any day.

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:10 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

People are having a go at her for being too emotional and for not being grateful. For christ's sake, the poor woman had just lost £14,000! Now, I personally think that she was more than ready to deal and I actually blame peer pressure from the audience. She asked her family for advice and they all jumped in screaming 'no deal' at her. Her daughters could barely get a bleedin' word in edgeways.

OK, so the players know that they are going to be on TV and will have to play in front of an audience, but it must be really difficult when the audience are shouting for you to go on, because there will be a part of you hoping that you don't disappoint them. I'm glad that she got £1,000 at least and I think she was happy when the £5,000 went, but she couldn't help but remember the £15,000 offer from earlier on.

People on here call people cowards for not going on and then call them reckless for going on. To some people, money means an awful lot and I bet you that these 'wakeyish' people would be just as nervous on the show and would consider the offers more then, because it is real to them. Poor Lynn has gotten a real beating on this forum for nothing. She was upset, and I think part of the crying was triggered by Jo who burst into tears before Lynn did when the £250K was revealed.

Give the lady a break.

I understand that all opinions are welcome, but opinions should not be nasty (in the sense of saying you hate a person you've only seen 45 minutes of the TV)- who knows, as soon as the cameras went off, she might have perked up- and of course, Noel doesn't help saying 'it's a technical victory'- she wanted the money and I think that's fair enough considering that is what the game is for!

Now, for goodness sake, give her a break

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:10 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

BlairM wrote:

Why do many players think when they play their game they have a right to a fortune ?

More to the point why do people gamble if they can't take the consequences?

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:12 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

basicasic wrote:
Power5 wrote:

What are you on about! Whether positive or negative people have expressed their views on the game. I've spoken already to a few people about the game (not on the forum) and everyone of them thought she was irritating and her crying embarrasing. So its not as if anyone on here has said anything that could be construed as untrue or vaguely against popular public opinion.

If you want a good news forum just put up a big notice saying 'only nice comments please - no criticism here'.

Yes, but it's the wording of these opinions! People shouldn't say that they hate somebody because that can really hurt people's feelings. Obviously, saying they find a woman irritating is fine, but to find her irritating because she was upset is ridiculous! I'm all for telling it as it is, but noone here really knows Lynn! It was her decision and she had her own way of reacting. Surely she has a right to that without getting a load of pointless backlash!

Last edited by redrum666 on Sun May 20, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:12 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
BlairM wrote:

More to the point why do people gamble if they can't take the consequences?

And if she'd played it safe and that hadn't worked out, I wonder who the first person to start criticising her for that would have been... :roll:

Power5

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:13 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Power5 wrote:

There's criticism and then there's personal abuse. One's acceptable and the other isn't - and an increasing number of people on here are crossing the line between the two.

jmas07

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:16 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Power5 wrote:

Totally. I know this website is a fansite, but me and you and most certainly a lot of other people on this forum are all fans of the show, and this is a forum to discuss what we think about the show, the players, the games, the host, the chants, the gameplay, the LTL, the audience, etc. etc. Not every member likes every single aspect of the show. Some might even not like any aspects of the show, we've seen it before! I couldn't give a crap about how 'bad' the host seems to be, but others do. You see, when lots of people dislike something about the show, no one gets criticised for disliking it. When a couple of people dislike something about the show, they get picked on.

Today, I couldn't really fault the player's decision. I couldn't stand her attitude. I'm not the only one who thinks this either...

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:18 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Power5 wrote:
basicasic wrote:
Power5 wrote:

There's criticism and then there's personal abuse. One's acceptable and the other isn't - and an increasing number of people on here are crossing the line between the two.

That's exactly right! If Lynn wanted to read what people were saying, I'm sure she'd like to see the criticisms but the, in a way, bullying, is unbelievable! As I keep saying, noone here actually knows her and even then, bullying is still unacceptable

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:20 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

jmas07 wrote:
basicasic wrote:
Power5 wrote:

Totally. I know this website is a fansite, but me and you and most certainly a lot of other people on this forum are all fans of the show, and this is a forum to discuss what we think about the show, the players, the games, the host, the chants, the gameplay, the LTL, the audience, etc. etc. Not every member likes every single aspect of the show. Some might even not like any aspects of the show, we've seen it before! I couldn't give a crap about how 'bad' the host seems to be, but others do. You see, when lots of people dislike something about the show, no one gets criticised for disliking it. When a couple of people dislike something about the show, they get picked on.

Today, I couldn't really fault the player's decision. I couldn't stand her attitude. I'm not the only one who thinks this either...

Well, in all fairness, a lot of these people are 'picking on' Lynn, not just criticising her (not accusing you in particular btw, just saying that some people are doing this)

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:21 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

What I don't understand about the criticisms that have been aimed at Lynn (and people like Donna, Ingerlise etc.) is that nobody really has any form of control over their emotions or how they react to things. It's not as if they think "Right, I'll start crying now" or "Well I could just laught it off but no, I'd like to be really upset about it instead". We all react in different ways and it's pretty much impossible to control how you do, especially in emotional situations such as the kind that often happen on DOND. It's great to see contestants like Emi and Ooh Sarah who can cope easily if everything goes wrong but many people are simply incapable of that.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:59 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Poor Lynn!! Well done on £1,000 though.

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:59 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

redrum666 wrote:
Now, I personally think that she was more than ready to deal and I actually blame peer pressure from the audience. She asked her family for advice and they all jumped in screaming 'no deal' at her. Her daughters could barely get a bleedin' word in edgeways.

You're on dodgy ground here! The last time I suggested members of the audience shouldn't influence players I got told to shut up.

redrum666 wrote:
OK, so the players know that they are going to be on TV and will have to play in front of an audience, but it must be really difficult when the audience are shouting for you to go on, because there will be a part of you hoping that you don't disappoint them.

I've always said the players should play their own game and the others should keep quiet.

redrum666 wrote:
People on here call people cowards for not going on and then call them reckless for going on.

Some people on here call people cowards for not going on, but others call people reckless for going on. These opinions represent differing views on how the game should be played.

redrum666 wrote:
To some people, money means an awful lot and I bet you that these 'wakeyish' people would be just as nervous on the show and would consider the offers more then, because it is real to them. Poor Lynn has gotten a real beating on this forum for nothing. She was upset, and I think part of the crying was triggered by Jo who burst into tears before Lynn did when the £250K was revealed.

Such was her apparent anguish its obvious that Lynn should have dealt. She probably was greatly influenced by the audience but I've already said my piece on that.

redrum666 wrote:
I understand that all opinions are welcome, but opinions should not be nasty (in the sense of saying you hate a person you've only seen 45 minutes of the TV)- who knows, as soon as the cameras went off, she might have perked up- and of course, Noel doesn't help saying 'it's a technical victory'- she wanted the money and I think that's fair enough considering that is what the game is for!

I really hope she got over it quickly. Of course people don't hate her. I don't hate her. She was a bubbly character, full of beans, emotional and obviously had a heart of gold. You are quite right that it is impossible to judge someone based on 45 minutes on TV especially as it is no doubt edited to accentuate and exaggerate people's behaviour.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:02 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
I agree with every word you've written. Nauseous person. Nauseous game.

basicasic wrote:
I don't hate her. She was a bubbly character, full of beans, emotional and obviously had a heart of gold. You are quite right that it is impossible to judge someone based on 45 minutes on TV especially as it is no doubt edited to accentuate and exaggerate people's behaviour.

:?

Stephen

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:04 pm    Author: Stephen    Post subject:

Hi jmas 07,

I must apologise I took all my best shirts and Jumpers,I'll try and improve
over the next few games,joking apart I have got wrapped up in other people's games and forgot to show my pearly whites!or it is down to
editing :-D Cheers Stephen

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Can we at least agree on one thing; that we haven't seen such upsetting scenes at the Pound Table since Kelsie?

Jeez, it was painful to watch. Regardless of any decisions, to be humiliated like that on national television...well you won't ever know how it feels until you experience it yourself, I guess.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

jmas07

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:15 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

Stephen wrote:
Hi jmas 07,

I must apologise I took all my best shirts and Jumpers,I'll try and improve
over the next few games,joking apart I have got wrapped up in other people's games and forgot to show my pearly whites!or it is down to
editing :-D Cheers Stephen

Haha, yes! I was only including what was said before the box opening, I dodn't personally think you looked bad!

:-D

Billy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:16 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Man, contestants can't win! We'd have people calling her a coward if she'd dealt that £15k and then had £250k in her box, instead she's called a crybaby. I got the impression that £15,000 would have meant a lot to her, but seeing Kirsty and Savvas's games the last day or so earlier possibly made her think that there's been two disasters recently and there was bound to be a game coming where a gamble paid off, and sadly it wasn't to be. I'd have probably dealt that £1,000 too, cus I wouldn't really have given a toss that I could have had £5k after turning down £15k, and Lynn maybe thought the same.

Fantastic contestant and I'll miss her loads, this week really has been an absolutely great week for contestants with lots of legends playing. Just a shame that not all of them have been lucky!

[ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]