Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

James1978

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I really can't believe anyone could possibly be moaning about that game!! You have to take the odd risk to get the real life-changing money, and also £5k is absolute poo if you've no-dealt £101k. £5k is a bit of spending money, £101k is life changing, but £250k I would say is only a bit more life-changing than £101k. Dealing the £101k and having the £250k in the box would to me be infintely more preferable to turning it down and winning 5k. And quarter-millionaire was never on becuase he explicitly said that he thought the biggie was in 22, so he was as likely to swap as Wakey is to deal the 3rd offer. :)

That's what Trevor's game should have been like had he picked Jim R instead of Marilyn at the crucial moment!

Now I need a lie down as I'm absolutely spent after watching that!

Sadly the only thing he didn't do was become the biggest winner from W11, he's still 9 grand behind the jolly-dee blue for you!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Billy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:14 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

That was the first game in ages that left me a nervous wreck!! Like people have said, the £21k gamble was mad enough, but FOURTY ONE was on par with Di levels! Massive bravery which any other day would have produced a horrible trainwreck, but today gave us our first £250k final two since January, and what a fantastic win it was! Really really really well done, Graeme, I'm still recovering!

Power5

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:15 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Sadly the only thing he didn't do was become the biggest winner from W11, he's still 9 grand behind the jolly-dee blue for you!!

For all E4's spectacular success in the past, I guess this must be the first position to produce two six-figure winners!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:19 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

That was ace!

It's just amazing how he had a rubbish start at the beginning and then managed to turn it around like that. I honestly thought he was going to deal the first offer the time he was taking to make his mind up! :lol: I don't know whether he was plain stupid or incredibly brave to decline £21,000 and £41,000 but whatever was going through his head at the time, he made the right decision in terms of gameplay. I would have most definately dealt at £21,000 let alone £41,000 or £101,000!

Brilliant game! And to say he was the unluckiest person alive! Pfft! :roll: :P

Welldone Graeme! I hope you enjoyed/are enjoying the money and had a fantastic wedding! :D

Last edited by "The Banker" on Fri May 04, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suszie

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:38 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

Great game, really enjoyed it, when he took nearly all the power five in the first round, i really thought it would be one of these games and he was going to do a philomena and go home with nothing.

When he told us he was getting married next week, i thought they would have been no wedding, when he turned down 41,000 which is why i think he dealt at 101,000, or he would have gone home to an empty house.

IMO, if he was a single guy, i think he would have went all the way and would have won 5,000.

Also, i thought that peter was going to have a heart attack, when he didnt reck the game.

justcause110

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:55 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Amazing game today. I honestly felt he was going to deal at £21,000 (I would of). When I saw he didn't I was shocked and thought next round will be it instead but again no. Really shocked by that and was pleasantly surprised that he beat the banker after the no deals.

I also thought Grame might've gone to the end considering the previous no deal, but the money was without a doubt deal.

Well done Graeme, really enjoyed it.

BlairM

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:27 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

Shocking game today, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is so refreshing when a PLAYER plays the game, not someone with a target in mind.

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:29 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

i knew he wouldnt deal at either of them, as the question came too quickly
if the contestant is about to deal, they usually hang around a bit first

maggie que

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:10 pm    Author: maggie que    Post subject:

jmas07 wrote:
The kilt and suit gave it away that he was playing today...:|
thats what l thought too.saw his bow tie before he was picked!l have a feeling this game is a huge con! :!:

AVIE

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:15 pm    Author: AVIE    Post subject:

Well, if anyone deserved to win huge wodge, it is Graeme!!!

Well played Graeme, I'd have most likely gone at £21K, unless I got carried away with the atmosphere on a real game, but definitely would hae gone at £41K Good onya Graeme, nice start to married life eh?? Think what a great honeymoon that win will buy!!! :lol: :lol:

WHY DO WE NEED A DICTIONARY??

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:18 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

Thats got to be the best game for ages. Well done graeme. I was on the tip of my chair just as i was on morris's game. i really thought he was going to no deal on the £101,000

enjoy the money and once again well done graeme

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:22 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I thought todays game was thrilling but i have to be honest he was kinda irritating me so I kinda wanted him to no deal the 101k because then he would have blown it - we would have known that he would do since we know theres no other 250k win yet.
A grown man blubbering like a baby before hearing the offer what the hell lol.
Well done on the gamble though I guess I would have ND 41k too myself but would have also taken the 101k because 5 grand is too small a fall back.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:32 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

Excellent well done Graeme

GAC1984

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:34 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Graeme! :D

It was a fantastic show an excellent game. I enjoyed watching today's show it was one of the best.

Enjoy £101,000

Very Well Done :D

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:50 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

maggie que wrote:
jmas07 wrote:
The kilt and suit gave it away that he was playing today...:|
thats what l thought too.saw his bow tie before he was picked!l have a feeling this game is a huge con! :!:

Explain?

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

This was really an exceptional and exciting game - however, I do stand by my word that Graeme was foolish to no deal the £41,000, but at least he didn't no deal £101,000!

There will be people who criticise Di for no dealing when she did, and praise Graeme for no dealing when he did... when the luck wasn't in favour for Di, but it was for Graeme. However, I still think both were foolish and should've definitely dealt earlier (in fact Di turned down a similar offer to Graeme on a similar board). But nonetheless, Graeme's game made for brilliant viewing even if his no deals were unwise, and this is the only way we are going to get big wins I suppose - unless it's a game like Gaz (1)'s!

I think what made today's game even more special was how it was such a big turnaround, and as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, similar in a way to Gaz who played just over a year ago and won a similar amount! Maybe it'll start the £100k win May pattern as I stated earlier! :lol:

So well done Graeme on the £101,000 - you were VERY lucky!!!

Theresa's game could well have been the trigger for the three third-offer deals we had last week... I wonder if Graeme's game could encourage gambling for a week or so?!

Last edited by h2005 on Fri May 04, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:02 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

dealing at 21k would have been kinda cowardly there was still much more in it as his game proved. Shhesh some of you people are far too cautious :).

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:05 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Well no, not really. There was only one sum higher than £21,000! I wouldn't say dealing at that point would be cowardly at all. :?

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:06 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Lol Its just me I guess I am a calculated risk taker. But 20k was only 1 k less so I would have still gone on now if say the fall back was 10 then I could see a bit more reason why.

johnr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:12 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Actually a pity he didn't seem to remember Morris, since in that game the swap would have worked.

In this game the swap would have worked.

:shock:

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]