Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:24 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
will have to watch the repeat tonight - i wanna see chiara

no other reason, the offers in alain game were always £2-£5k too high, and mainly i wont watch the game, as such, because oh yes Noely is in it

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Muinimula

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:25 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

I don't think the £66,000 was too far over the odds. I thought it would be around £60k, so it wasn't that much higher. I would have dealt at £30k. Well done, Alain, on getting a nice sum of money.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:30 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Muinimula wrote:
Is that Alison's first big number?

No, she had £75k yesterday. No big numbers for ages and then two in a row!

I loved that game...I really liked Alain, the stuff at the beginning was hilarious, and he got a great amount. £66k was probably a bit inflated but the £30k was very generous as well so I think it's just about believable.

I don't really get all the "get on with the game" comments...part of the attraction of DOND for me is that it isn't just a game. I think all the extra stuff is what keeps it fresh and interesting - no other game show has gimmicks and things like that, but there's no other game show of which I've watched about 400 straight episodes!

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
I don't really get all the "get on with the game" comments...part of the attraction of DOND for me is that it isn't just a game. I think all the extra stuff is what keeps it fresh and interesting - no other game show has gimmicks and things like that, but there's no other game show of which I've watched about 400 straight episodes!

Exactly, all of the extra bits are what makes DOND great and if it didnt have it you might as well play the DVD game.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:39 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Muinimula wrote:
I don't think the £66,000 was too far over the odds. I thought it would be around £60k, so it wasn't that much higher. I would have dealt at £30k. Well done, Alain, on getting a nice sum of money.

Should have offered £60k - just to put the salt in the wound, like - "OOOOOOOOOOOH ALAIN!!! You dealt at £30,000, you could have had DOUBLE that!!! £60,000 he would have to offer you £60,000 at this point for fear of the £100k or quarter-mill being sat right here in box number 9 all along.....oh, Alain, if you had just hung on for less than 90 seconds more...." from noel.

Although i wouldnt be surprised if he suddenly started offering £123,000 in thast final five situation if im honest

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Lovely to see Lee Carroll standing next to Chiara as well he was great to me and Billy in Bristol

rico7

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

The proveout was a bit unlucky, but £30,000 was the right decision
for the board given the odds of retaining both the two large numbers (just 36%) to 5 box.

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:53 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject:

Well done Alain I really enjoyed your game and it was lovely to see my old mate Chiara again!!!

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:54 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Doing your pics Now Alain will be in mail first thing tomorrow

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Well done Alain. 1 deal too soon but still a lovely amount of money.

Billy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:
Lovely to see Lee Carroll standing next to Chiara as well he was great to me and Billy in Bristol

Heh, I noticed that too!

Great start to the month today. Say what you like about the Chiara stuff but I loved it, really funny stuff and she's a babe (I'm not alone in thinking she should have a fanclub, I see!). No wonder Alain accepted that fourth offer, getting a kiss and £30,000 at the same time!

The fact that the offer would have over doubled in the next round is a bit gutting, yeah, but then the game would have gone completely wrong and it would have absolutely sucked had he gone on to the end. I definitely prefer a £30,000 win to a £750 one, well done Alain!

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:04 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Chiara reminds me of Joey did you notice that, I think a few of the ex male players fancy her and no wonder she is indeed a babe

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:11 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:
Chiara reminds me of Joey did you notice that, I think a few of the ex male players fancy her and no wonder she is indeed a babe

Er, no offence to Joey but Chiara was about 30,000 times nicer than her... :P

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:12 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

well i have plenty of pics of her for you guys if you want them lol

GAC1984

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Good Game Alain Enjoy £30,000. Chiara was great as well today.

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:53 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

One for the guys

suszie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

i thought the 66,000 was a bit too much, considering that gaz got offered 70,000 with a much better board.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:06 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

suszie wrote:
i thought the 66,000 was a bit too much, considering that gaz got offered 70,000 with a much better board.

But Gaz's board at the fourth offer was also much better than Alain's, and he was offered £2k less...

Power5

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well done Alain - I would have dealt that too and it was good to see Noel respecting his decision as well!

(By the way, I take it it wasn't the Ciara who used to post on here!)

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:22 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:

One for the guys

Thanks for that :D

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]