Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:23 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Power5 wrote:
Well done Alain - I would have dealt that too and it was good to see Noel respecting his decision as well!

(By the way, I take it it wasn't the Ciara who used to post on here!)

She's missing the "h"...but aww, she was awesome, I wish she still posted here. Did she leave because everyone overreacted to that Neil Buchanan joke? :roll:

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:24 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Nice bloke, steady game but I don't think I'll ever understand how someone can deal with the £250k and £100k still in play. Having said that I would have no dealt the £66K too and ended up with £3000 and a kiss off Greg, the floor manager.

And one kiss ain't worth a lot in my book in terms of hard cash ;) .

Power5

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:26 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Power5 wrote:
Well done Alain - I would have dealt that too and it was good to see Noel respecting his decision as well!

(By the way, I take it it wasn't the Ciara who used to post on here!)

She's missing the "h"...but aww, she was awesome, I wish she still posted here. Did she leave because everyone overreacted to that Neil Buchanan joke? :roll:

I think so... though there was another username a while later who I suspected may have been her, the style was kind of similar, but she disappeared too I think. (Edit, come to think of it they were probably both Qwerty... :roll: )

Must have missed them show the spelling of this Chiara, was it on one of the offer captions?

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:27 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Must have missed them show the spelling of this Chiara, was it on one of the offer captions?

Yeah, the first offer said "£9,000 + Chiara's phone number". It's probably in the credits as well, I guess!

Tom

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:06 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That was a great game. Brilliant!!
Chiara is very nice....

Rockjack

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:53 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

i think id of no dealed the 30k n cried but then of got 66k tho

but janet took out the top2 and had similar board to alain, i thought of her

but with top 2 you gotta go on i think

but he was cute- well done on 30k

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:05 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Another good win. I would have taken the £30,000 too. Well done Alain!

Last edited by 22identicalboxes on Tue May 01, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JO!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:33 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

Yes well done Alain, enjoy £30,000!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:07 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Nobody can seemingly do the right thing with the top two and a big gap at 8-box - everyone who deals avoids them both, and everyone who no-deals seems to take at least one of them out, the offer gets slashed, they go on and take the other one out the next round! :)

He had the same board as teary Donna (the same 4 reds anyway), and was offered 9k more! Even the 66k proveout offer was only a bit inflated for a change, Jeff was offered 64k with a similar last 5!

Good entertaining game anyway, nice to see a genuinely modest player, and he at least got past the third offer! Reckon he's now my favourite male from E1! :)

And £30k is the best amount ever (given who else has won it) ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:42 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
I don't really get all the "get on with the game" comments...part of the attraction of DOND for me is that it isn't just a game. I think all the extra stuff is what keeps it fresh and interesting - no other game show has gimmicks and things like that, but there's no other game show of which I've watched about 400 straight episodes!

I think the main appeal for me and DOND - and this is what separates it from other gameshows - is that you get to know the contestants well before their actual game, so you know who they are and a bit about them before they play... or at the very least, you can name them.

I have to say that DOND managed for about 300 episodes with very few gimmicks... so I'm sure if you'd managed to go for 300 episodes, you'd manage another 300 without gimmicks! :P

So long as there is a diverse mix of contestants, there is no need, in my opinion, for the gimmicks - the games are all very different and there are clearly different banker tactics going on depending on the player, so I think the game itself is still probably one of the main elements for me!

Anyway, as for the gimmicks in today's game - I thought it was very nice, but a bit cringe-making for Alain as he had already said he gets embarrassed easily! :P It also happened at a very early stage in the game, so didn't detract from the game itself too much.

As for when he dealt, I'd have dealt at the same time too - I was expecting that proveout offer of £66,000 to be double £30,000 - i.e. £60,000 - clearly the banker added the extra £6,000 to make his deal appear to be worse than it actually was. He seems to have repeated Steven's proveout offers of £55,000 and £66,000 in recent weeks to be used as inflated proveout offers like they were in Steven's game - maybe Steven has left a mark on the show? ;)

Anyway, well done Alain and enjoy the money!

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:22 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

What a thoroughly decent chap - he seemed like the sort of bloke who would always get his round in first at the bar, if you know what I mean.

As lovely as Chiara was, she certainly wasn't as cool as our Ciara. I miss her too. She had fantastic taste in music and told me about The Fratellis long before anyone else had ever heard of them. Oh, and she told me about a group called Mohair who, ahem, weren't quite as good...

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:34 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Just a thought - the i in his name proved lucky, as he won £8,100 more than the 4 Alans put together! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:03 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Reckon he's now my favourite male from E1! :)

Hmm I think I agree...he's slightly better than 1p Tony.

h2005 wrote:
I have to say that DOND managed for about 300 episodes with very few gimmicks... so I'm sure if you'd managed to go for 300 episodes, you'd manage another 300 without gimmicks!

Did it, though? I suppose it depends on your definition of what a "gimmick" is, but as far as I can remember there's always been interaction with the audience, crew etc. that you wouldn't see on other gameshows. I guess I'm defining "gimmick" as "anything that is not specifically related to the actual gameplay", which is probably a bit too broad.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:09 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Welldone Alain, enjoy £30,000! :D

Suezan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:11 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Alain is kindly in the process of doing an interview for me i'll let you all know when its done as it has some new questions in it

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:18 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

Well done Alain on your 30k, hope you and your son enjoy it. :)
:-D :-D

Suezan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:54 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Alains interview with me is over on my site now under contestant interviews 2

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]