Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:00 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 8:00 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Suezan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Glad you realised your dream Rita shame about the way the game turned out in a way as it would of been so much more, but if your happy thats cool

jmas07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

I notice Noel seems to be encouraging the hypothetical swap now...

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject:

I knew she made a big mistake when she dealt.

People should NEVER deal at the third offer. Even when four of the power five is still in play. Or even less than that!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

What was with the proveout offers? The fifth offer was *beep* and the 6th offer was £2444 than Susan was offered. *beep* the banker!

But the deal was right for her and it was a lot of money. I would have probably gone on 1 or 2 more rounds and then dealt

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

In a way I'm relieved she had the £100k, becuase it makes the stupidly high AMO proveout offers irrelevant! Someone really needs to point out what the stats are, any say that no way under the planet would £35,444 have been offered there!

I think 8-box should have been about £22k, 5 box about the same (due to hitting the £75k), and 2-box maybe a bit more, £30k?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

jmas07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:01 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

Mark wrote:
I knew she made a big mistake when she dealt.

People should NEVER deal at the third offer. Even when four of the power five is still in play. Or even less than that!

I agree! :D

For all the people who thought £44,444 was unreasonable, that would have been the offer given the theme throughout the show! :D

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:04 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

oh and

£44,444 at the end??? thats *beep*!!

Remember Gaz £10k vs 100K offer was 35K

And charlie the other week.

44k for todays board....get off lol

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And it was double what Swappy Barbara was offered with £1,000 in the other box instead of 10p!

Get real!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:14 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
A lot of those hypothetical post-deal offers seemed very highly inflated, but not more so than the offer she dealt at, £18,444, as like Noel, I thought he would drop it a bit at that point, but clearly the old "mean" banker is long behind us these days!

The board was strong at third round, and there was definately another round in it, but I can't blame her for the early deal, I'd have been tempted too, especially if I had a target like that, but fortunately for me my great grandfather died in Belgium not Borneo, so it won't cost nearly as much to visit his grave. It's a very laudable goal. I'm pleased she'll be able to make her dream come true. :D

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

little_monster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:11 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

What a great game. I don't care about the post-deal stuff.

The act is Rita got her dream. The Banker could have offered A TRIP TO YOUR FATHERS GRAVE - it was the equivelant to money in Rita's eyes.

Well done Rita!

JO!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:23 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

Well done Rita, liked the way she smiled the whole through the game.... :-D

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:28 pm    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject:

Well done Rita!

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:50 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

Well done rita!!! :D

Zeddie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:52 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Oh no!!! :( Poor Rita...

"Don't worry Noel, it's only a box."

:( True though, she wouldn't have gone all the way to the end... I'm not sure many people would turn down £44,444.

But it's brilliant that she's got enough money for what she wanted to do :D What a brilliant game :D I'm going to miss Rita and her vogue-robotic dancing :(

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:00 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

That was a nice game. I don't believe those proveout offers at all, they were far too high. The important thing is that she's got her dream, and she's happy. Well done Rita!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:54 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

HAHAHAH! A third offer deal in episode 444 is just the absolute best thing ever. :-D

But that aside, that was still an awesome result. I couldn't really give a *beep* about the proveout...I nearly cried when Rita did while she was saying Deal. :oops: Rita's a legend and I'm so glad she got the money she wanted and didn't seem particularly bothered by the proveout either!

tr4962

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:18 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

considering what she needed the money for, £25,000 would have been enough to get her to deal i think.
the 4th offer was just under average. it would have been no more than £25000, the 5th offer was definately inflated. if they carry on lying in the proveout i just wont watch it, it is just not fair on the player

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:41 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done!!!!

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:59 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Rita was one of my favorite players of all time ........... until she dealt.

I don't care what anyone says that was beyond feeble. 3rd round offer with 4 of the power 5 on the board and she deals. I'm speechless ......... well almost. When I think how exciting and tense the game could have been if she'd gone on even just a bit further and instead we get another damp squib. The show is being ruined by this seemingly never ending run of contestant with no backbone whatsoever.

They should just ask the contestants how much they want before the show starts, write them a cheque, play the end credits and we can all switch over and watch Flog It.

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Why can hardly anyone accept people playing the game "their" way these days. There's no pleasing some, it's either "greedy" gamblers or "cowardly" dealers...

Would anyone have wanted to see her dreams crushed by turning down that amount which was very significant to her, and going home with 10p? It's OK to use hindsight to criticise, if she had demolished the board in the next round then nearly everyone would have been saying what a great deal it was.

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]