Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:16 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
kestral wrote:
There are workmen in the background now putting up fencing behind Den :-D

Ah so that's what I could see in the background when I switched on half way through her game!

Welldone Joyce, enjoy the money! :D

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:00 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Chris_M wrote:
jmas07 wrote:
Whats the point? She was offered £20,000, she essentially turned it down, because she was going to say no deal, and HE CHANGED IT WHEN SHE ALREADY SAID NO DEAL!

And had it been the other way around, Noel would have said "I'm sorry, we have to take your first reply" :roll:

Yes, the contestant only has one chance, and can't change their mind, so why shouldn't the same apply for the Banker? If the original offer WAS genuine, and the Banker had misread Joyce, he shouldn't have had the chance to correct the mistake. If it hadn't been for him changing the offer, she would surely have got a £55k OPW.

The Banker phoning to change the offer should have been one of those things that happened once and once only... instead we see it just about every week now.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Just watched that bit again and to be fair, the phone does start ringing before she says "No", so it's not as if he changed it purely because of what she said. I agree that it's used far too often, though...just give the real offer first time round and be done with it. :roll:

jmas07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:05 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Chris_M wrote:
jmas07 wrote:
Whats the point? She was offered £20,000, she essentially turned it down, because she was going to say no deal, and HE CHANGED IT WHEN SHE ALREADY SAID NO DEAL!

And had it been the other way around, Noel would have said "I'm sorry, we have to take your first reply" :roll:

Yes, the contestant only has one chance, and can't change their mind, so why shouldn't the same apply for the Banker? If the original offer WAS genuine, and the Banker had misread Joyce, he shouldn't have had the chance to correct the mistake. If it hadn't been for him changing the offer, she would surely have got a £55k OPW.

The Banker phoning to change the offer should have been one of those things that happened once and once only... instead we see it just about every week now.

But that's the problem. Had Joyce declined the offer, she would have had more. As soon as Joyce showed signs of a no deal, the banker pushed the offer up. This, I don't like. Make the offer, and stick with it.

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:20 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

jmas07 wrote:
But that's the problem. Had Joyce declined the offer, she would have had more. As soon as Joyce showed signs of a no deal, the banker pushed the offer up. This, I don't like. Make the offer, and stick with it.

I must admit I get annoyed when the banker phones again. He should stick with his first offer. Joyce should have just carried on and said no deal. She had already uttered the no anyway! Just because the phone rings doesnt mean she can't answer the question. Noel had asked it anyway and she had every right to answer it even if the phone rang.

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:25 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Just watched that bit again and to be fair, the phone does start ringing before she says "No", so it's not as if he changed it purely because of what she said. I agree that it's used far too often, though...just give the real offer first time round and be done with it. :roll:

She had already made it obvious what she was going to do though, so the Banker was given the chance to correct his "mistake".

Shock of the year - Daniel (sort of) agrees with Wakey! :shock:

jmas07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

He shouldn't correct his mistake just like that once he knows what the player is going to do, that's unfair! That's like the player getting to pick a different set of boxes for a disasterous round they've had!

If this carries on, it could get out of control, with the banker ringing back more than twice to get the person out of the chair, for as long as they don't show signs of a no deal! :|

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:36 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:

Oh, er, I've changed my mind...I love it when the Banker rings back. He should do it every game, especially when they have Box 4...

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:37 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Power5 wrote:

Oh, er, I've changed my mind...I love it when the Banker rings back. He should do it every game, especially when they have Box 4...

And offer them a swap for box 3, and a bit of cash to do so?

jmas07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:38 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Power5 wrote:

Yeah, the banker is upping the offer because he knows there is a big one in 4! :-D

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:48 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done Joyce!!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Oooooh boy.

The Banker has learned he is playing the game very, very poorly, but... is not within his rights to correct his mistake until another three boxes have been opened.

This could have been a beautiful 2006-esque game, with Banker mistakes of the kind I thought went away six months ago producing a well-deserved Outright Banker Loss (frankly, that's what it would really have been). Instead, we get this.

£40k sounds reasonable for that final five, and is what I'd have expected if the £30k had never been made.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:56 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Noel is really getting stupid now, at the end, he said 'Graeme, open box 50!' which is rather stupid.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:59 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I thought he said that, but I wasn't sure.

Joyce played a good game today, well done!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:20 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That £55k proveout offer did leave a bad taste in the mouth, it seems inflated, but Jamie was offered only a grand short of the mean at the same point yesterday in active play, so I'm not sure about anything these days. At least even Noel dodn't seem too bothered about it, so he must know that it was inflated!

Don't think it changes the overall result though, £30k on that board at 5-box would have been a bit harsh I thought!

And I'm pleased the £20k offer wasn't real - it would have been a forceing offer, and she had a blue in the box, so all it took was a couple of different box choices for disaster. The £30k was fair, and would have swung it for me as well.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

GAC1984

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:08 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Joyce!

Enjoy The Money!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:49 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Imagine if the 250k had been in the box again after the bankers sudden offer changing and ringing back wanting to talk etc.
I think that would pretty much show something fishy.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

well done joyce :) enjoy the money
and by the way im soooo jealous lol. you got to see the lush Steve in his birthday suit ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done Joyce - enjoy the money! It was a sensible deal, it was too risky to carry on - glad you beat your target. I thought that £55k proveout offer was a bit high - it reminded me a bit of Steven's £55k proveout offer (although he did have a different board).

Not sure I liked the stuff with Den and the traffic cones - detracted from the game a little and Joyce didn't seem too amused - they didn't even bother editing in any shots of Joyce laughing - probably because she didn't find it funny! Not sure it's fair that the newbie has so much air time in a game - especially as what was going on had nothing to do with Joyce - I saw this episode in bits and turned on at the point they were putting the traffic cones out - I thought it must be relevant to Joyce and she had a job involved with roadworks or something! :?

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]