Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:04 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
smooth_criminal wrote:
22identicalboxes wrote:
That was one of the oddest Deals I've ever seen. Still, £6,000's better than nothing. Well done Christine!

Why? £6,000 is a lot of money to some people (and a LOT better than nothing, which she would have got if she'd taken out the £100,000). I respect her for dealing when she did, and I really liked her - much better than I did when she was in the wings.

Simply because most people would No Deal it nowadays. I agree, £6,000 is a lot of money.

Last edited by 22identicalboxes on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:06 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I got to give it to the banker - he's seems to be judging contestants to perfection with his offers just lately. I never thought Christine would deal with an insulting £6000 offer. She appeared gritty and determined up till that point and I was shocked when she caved in.

I was well wrapped up in the game and, throwing all logic aside, had decided it would be 'sh*t or bust' for me after that offer..... and plough on. Thought she would be the same.

On reflection it was probably the sensible thing to do as there was more chance of taking the £100,000 out than keeping it and £6000 is better than nothing. But you only get one chance in the 'crazy chair' ..........

BlairM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:44 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

The banker read Christine's feelings very well, she was obviously deflated after losing the backup reds, and I thought the offer was ridiculous.

I also felt the £36k offer was a tad high. I would have thought the old £26k offer would of been popped in!

JO!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:04 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

Well done Christine, amazing game :-)

As Noel tried to put blonde streaks in his hair at the front? :-D

Muinimula

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:10 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

Lowest deal ever when the player had £100,000 in their box. Hmm... I would have gone at £16,000 in that situation, I think, but she was unlucky to lose her safety reds the next round.

fd1972uk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:48 pm    Author: fd1972uk    Post subject:

Was very surprised at her dealing, was sure that she woulda carried on and thought she should have tbh.

FD

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:39 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Welldone Christine, enjoy £6,000!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:21 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I was very ill yesterday (and I am never ill) but I stayed awake for this game and Christine made me laugh so much - £6,000 is better than nothing! well done!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I have to say the night before her show, when I was wondering who would be playing the next day, I couldn't even picture who she was when I looked at the "How long has each player been on" thread...

Anyway, despite not standing out to me much during her time on the wings, she was a very fesity and entertaining lady I thought - and whilst a little bit scary, she was very funny and it was a good show to watch!

I'd have probably dealt at £16,000 but if I'd no dealt £16,000, I think I'd have been tempted to carry on at the £6,000 point actually, but it was a good deal for her - and I noticed Noel saying that the banker had to play it as he would've done - not sure he would've really offered £36,000, judging by the offers in the £20k / £25k region that Paul and Thanh in January 2007 got with a blue vs £100k board...

It's a shame it was an Outright Player Loss though. :( And is Noel right in saying it's the 2nd equal highest banker victory or whatever it was he was claiming? :?

Anyway Christine, enjoy the £6,000!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:41 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I don't think the £36k proveout offer was all that ridiculous given Susan's in-play £42k with a worse blue (well to some, 50p is the best blue but that's a moot point :) )

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]