Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:44 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 7:44 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject: 05/08/07 Harry (Originally 22/10/06)

Warnings: 0
Harry's classic game today!

Original topic here: http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4909

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:58 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Please could someone let me know what Ken Had?

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Box 11 - 10p.

This game is legendary!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:07 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Thanks Alex.

johnr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:21 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Noel is addicted to the word 'pop' in this episode!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

I was delighted when it was Harry's game today, his such a legend!

I loved how Noel was trying to do the viewer's competition and Harry was taking pictures! :lol:

And it had Jeff's famous "Break a leg Harry...*looks to the right*...with all due respect to you..." :P

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Very awkward silences at the start, taking the picture of the 1p box - LEGEND!

Harry is a legend of the show - and it was great to see him again in Annie's game!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:31 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Harry was wonderful! I was actually trying to count how many times "Tax Free" was said in the game, but lost count in the end, but I figure it was at least 20! :)

And what was even greater was that I (and a lot of others, I suspect) would have gone on and had a trainwreck - I'd have taken £42.50 from that game and been looking for around 30k at the point when Harry dealt for 20k - but I love it when someone does the complete opposite of me and it ends up being the right decision, whether its to deal like Harry did, or take very risky no-deals like Graeme!

I would have preferred an eposide that I didn't already have though! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

david3383

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:16 pm    Author: david3383    Post subject:

WOW, what a classic show! Tax Free Harry is just AWESOME! As "The Banker" pointed out, Break a Leg Jeff was on top form! :-D

David, you're obsessed with trains and bloody Barnsley. - 22identicalboxes

Billy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:37 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Thought this was gonna be Jeff's at first, but Harry's was pretty darned cool too! I remember being really disappointed when he dealt, but in hindsight I'd have been practically suicidal if he hadn't, especially after another great contestant in the form of Lisa had such a horrible game the previous show! Think also that was the first OPW since Rhona ages earlier, meaning poor Ken only saw one OPW during his entire run...think that's a record!

Oh, and in W5land, that's the first classic repeat with Elizabeth in! Up to Gloria, the only others that haven't had one are Clive (probably quite hard given that he only did six shows), and Simone, Ron and Sally due to the big Gaz-Giorgio gap. Wouldn't mind seeing their own games repeated, actually!

redrum666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:05 am    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

And, this great game was topped off by the Billyesque opening of viewers box 2 by what Noel claimed was Howard's brother and then the Billyesque stalling by the person who was opening box 3 (who Noel said 'away you go' and 'chop, chop' to). Funny how you notice these things.

But, still, I am really pleased that that show was repeated as I'd never actually seen it in full because I was on a plane when it was aired back in October :(

Fantastic game, I knew the outcome because I kept track on Wikipedia but when the phonecall came I thought that Wikipedia had surely made a mistake! Great game, great character, great OPW! One of those 'Classics' that deserves that title.

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]