Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:11 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 1:11 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

pocketeights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:34 pm    Author: pocketeights    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Look 22 if you dont think she was stupid then you need your head examined. Only case she could lose it take out the three reds. I think thats very unlikely. So worse case she leave the 20k and to the 2 blues. Still go on. But the rewards here are too great not to go on. And clown can see that.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:36 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

All right, she dealt early. That doesn't mean she's stupid, just a bit cautious.

little_monster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

I won't allow any of this Kelsie dissing. She gave one of the best games this year. I don't care if she had £250k and should have no dealt.

As for the banker calling back, GOOD FOR HIM. He has a job to do. If he wants to use those tactics, use them!

Also, the eighth banker victory in a row.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

pocketeights wrote:
Look 22 if you dont think she was stupid then you need your head examined. Only case she could lose it take out the three reds. I think thats very unlikely. So worse case she leave the 20k and to the 2 blues. Still go on. But the rewards here are too great not to go on. And clown can see that.

Taking out all three reds was a 10% chance...not insignificant. And a blue/£20k final two would probably have produced a much lower offer - we've had £3k in that situation before. The offer was poor for the board, but still a lot of money to lose if you need it.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Little monster the bankers desperation tactics are irritating but whats more irritating is the stupidity of the contestants who all fall for them.
In a sick way i was hoping after the 250k was opened today the banker was gonna call back and say something like Never trust a man on a phone about money or laugh or something.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:49 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

was a really powerful last 5, quite low offer for it, weird deal

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:59 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
pocketeights wrote:
Offer should have been double. How can you deal at that amount no matter if its a lot of money or not. Its just plain stupid. What do you want when you start the game. The offer was poor but fair play to the banker. He won the contestant was to thick to realise this. Got what she deserved. And for those saying well done get real she played terrible.

It was a *beep* offer, yes, but still a lot of money. There was also a 50% chance of the offer going down after the next round, including a 10% chance of a complete disaster. For some people, that makes it just not worth the risk.

basicasic wrote:
I can only imagine that the main goal of most contestants is to go home with any decent amount of money rather than go all the way to get the £250,000.

And why should it not be?!

My Nana furiously said to me,

"Too many people are using the show as a lazy way of getting money, rather than making it entertaining, which it should be."

With a bit of re-wording, she hit the nail on the head.

robroy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: robroy    Post subject:

worst deal ever done.
the banker must be loving all these plonkers who havent a clue whats a good deal and whats not coming on the show, but maybe they are dumbing it down deliberately?

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

jmas07 wrote:

"Too many people are using the show as a lazy way of getting money, rather than making it entertaining, which it should be."

No offence to your Nana, but I don't think she has...we all want the show to be entertaining, obviously, but it's not the contestants' job to make it so. They have every right to play the game however the hell they want to, without having to worry about whether or not they're producing a good game for people watching at home. If the show isn't entertaining then that's the producers'/Noel's fault, not the contestants'.

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:03 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

robroy wrote:
worst deal ever done.
the banker must be loving all these plonkers who havent a clue whats a good deal and whats not coming on the show, but maybe they are dumbing it down deliberately?

I doubt they would be numbing it down deliberately, as well as Noel, I think games like this are setting the show for its death. Or are they, Lauras game didn't score that well did it?

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Entertaining doesn't have to mean gambling. Look at Adrian's game, for example.

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:06 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

I don't know what was cut out of course, but I suspect the contestants in the wings could have done more to help - what was really needed was a Geordie/John G character to point out that the offer was still insulting on that board, even after the Banker increased it, and that he was just playing games with her.

I know it's a fair amount to risk, but with three significant reds left it was unlikely she would lose everything, and 60% chance of a similar or much higher offer. OK if she still felt £29k was too much to risk then that's fair enough, but it needed pointing out that it was a joke offer given the situation. £40k-£50k would have been a fair deal there, and the Banker really deserved a repeat of the Laura scenario with the way he played that!

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:07 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
jmas07 wrote:

No offence to your Nana, but I don't think she has...we all want the show to be entertaining, obviously, but it's not the contestants' job to make it so. They have every right to play the game however the hell they want to, without having to worry about whether or not they're producing a good game for people watching at home. If the show isn't entertaining then that's the producers'/Noel's fault, not the contestants'.

Excellent reply, thank you Daniel.

As I said, I don't agree totally with her, as I do think everyone has the right to play it the way they want. However, could someone compare games like today's with one like... Gaz's? Although the show had less gimmicks then, maybe people like them? I think they are a load of tosh!

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:09 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

little_monster wrote:
I won't allow any of this Kelsie dissing. She gave one of the best games this year. I don't care if she had £250k and should have no dealt.

As for the banker calling back, GOOD FOR HIM. He has a job to do. If he wants to use those tactics, use them!

Also, the eighth banker victory in a row.

No offence, but everyone should be entitled to their own opinion on this forum, however OTT some replies may be, it's an opinion which you have to expect on a forum.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

For all you lot who are saying "serves her right for being such a wuss" - remember J.T.'s game anyone?

He was offered an absolutely woeful offer of £39k with 250k,£100k,£50k,20k and 500 remaining. He dealt, which everyone thought was a huge mistake - and hit the 10% chance of disaster next round, and what would have made it doubly painful is I reckon he'd have dealt the resulting £5,100 offer (as he revealed he had £4k of debt), only to find £20k in his box.

Also remember Simone's no dealing a similar offer with a similar position?

Kelsie's position of 10% disaster would have been leaving two blues, and would have been the highest offer ND'd when going home with a blue, so it really wasn't that bad a deal, just very unlucky.

I just REALLY need to see a happy game very soon!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Zeddie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:20 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Aww, poor Kelso, SHE WAS SUCH A SWEETHEART :(

But £29,000 is still very nice! Well done :)

pocketeights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:28 pm    Author: pocketeights    Post subject:

If you where to believe this forum no one does a bad deal every one is lovely. Get real she done a terrible deal she was a clown and got all she deserved

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:55 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

She was a cautious player, not stupid. The Banker picked up on her cautious streak and gave her an offer to match and was totally vindicated when she took it.

Yes, the offer was paltry, but the chances of then taking out the higher numbers are exactly the same whether you've been offered £29000 or, say, £49000 (which I guess would have been more realistic). As Power5 points out in an earlier post, the chances of the offer going up were roughly 60/40 - yes, the odds were in her favour but not hugely so. On that basis, and with family to think about, I think the deal was perfectly understandable.

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:25 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

The world of 2007 is an odd one...someone wins £29,000 on a gameshow and they're called an idiot.

It was a stupidly low offer for the board, yes. But as has been said, the game could have turned at any moment. She could have had £100 v £750, or £100 v £20,000, £750 v £20,000...heck, even £100/£750 v £75,000 may have even given her a lower offer. As it stood, as insulting as £29,000 was, it was the highest offer of the entire game, and given her kids and stuff, plus the way she so worriedly No Dealt the previous offer of £20k, you can't call her stupid for taking it. If she'd have had a trainwreck after dealing, would she have been called a hero like Adrian?

At the second break, as the gap in the blues got bigger, I started to wonder if she had the 1p like Sheran. I was way off, and it was incredibly spooky that the contestant who originated her 'Kylie' nickname (Patrick) also played on a Monday, dealt at the same point, had the same final two and the same amount in their box. Today's game was really painful viewing for one of my favourite contestants on that 22, we haven't had a proper feel-good OPW since Sarah M - Nigel's would have been if it wasn't for that danged swap, and even Doug had £100k in his box!

Although, yeah, it could have been more, it's still a really good win. Well done on your £29,000, Kelsie!

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:25 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

22identicalboxes wrote:
All right, she dealt early. That doesn't mean she's stupid, just a bit cautious.

She was a bit cautious, losing £221,000, when people who go to the end and lose about £10,000 and win a blue are apparently darnright stupid!

[ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]