Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:32 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 1:32 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Zell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:22 pm    Author: Zell    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
On a side note, I think I read somewhere that any two specific box combinations being left at the end would happen about once in every 233 shows - so this makes 3 for £75k/£250k, right? Kirsty, Patrick and now Kelsie - weird that the last two would happen within days of each other :?

david3383

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:28 pm    Author: david3383    Post subject:

All I can say about today's game is that The Banker's 5th offer was an absolute disgrace! £40,170 below the mean, WTF? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Surely £50,000-£60,000 would have been a much more sensible offer? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Still, enjoy the £29,000 you went away with, Kelsie! :-D :-D :-D

David, you're obsessed with trains and bloody Barnsley. - 22identicalboxes

Last edited by david3383 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:28 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

Zell wrote:
On a side note, I think I read somewhere that any two specific box combinations being left at the end would happen about once in every 233 shows - so this makes 3 for £75k/£250k, right? Kirsty, Patrick and now Kelsie - weird that the last two would happen within days of each other :?

And Lee - way back in December 2005. However, he dealt earlier for £50,000. (More similarities.)

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:30 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
tThere is a woman in W11 :?

I guess we can let her off as she's in a wheelchair...and also quite pretty...

That's possibly the first game ever in which I might have won the £250,000. £29,000 was a *beep* *beep* offer...I can understand why Kelsie took it, what with her kids etc., but I'd have gone on. I'd have taken £160,000 but it probably wouldn't really have been that much.

But on the bright side, she's the first person ever to win £29,000, meaning all the thousands from 1 to 33 inclusive have been won! And she's the first person to have the £250k the day before her own game and then have it again...it's normally really annoying when they have it the day before then have something *beep* in their own game. (Giorgio being the most extreme example.)

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:32 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I think people would be mad to take whatever the offer was if you had £250k and say 75k or 100k with it to me thats a easy gamble and I dare say it would have been for Kelsie too had she not let the banker get in her head.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:34 pm    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject:

Well done Kelsie!

Zell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:37 pm    Author: Zell    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
And she's the first person to have the £250k the day before her own game and then have it again.

Didn't Mally have it the day before his game, and then again in his actual game?

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

That game has just PROVED to me that Steven's proveout offer of £66,000 on a worse board than Kelsie's measly £29,000 was utter B0LL0CKS!!

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Zell wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
And she's the first person to have the £250k the day before her own game and then have it again.

Didn't Mally have it the day before his game, and then again in his actual game?

Mally had £100 the day bfore his game, I think.

pocketeights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: pocketeights    Post subject:

Worst deal ever done on the show. What a clown simple as.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:06 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Zell wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:

No, he had the same box number the day before, but not the 250k the day before.

Box 22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:12 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

Oh dear, so heartbreaking but £29k is still a nice tidy sum. It's of no consolation to say I would have gone on, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I do agree that Kelsie was influenced by the banker and when she kept saying "think big, win big" I think she had the upper hand, but she then handed all of that power back to him by negotiating.

pocketeights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:12 pm    Author: pocketeights    Post subject:

Offer should have been double. How can you deal at that amount no matter if its a lot of money or not. Its just plain stupid. What do you want when you start the game. The offer was poor but fair play to the banker. He won the contestant was to thick to realise this. Got what she deserved. And for those saying well done get real she played terrible.

JO!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:17 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

poor kelsie, she was seduced by the banker and she could have went all the way if it wasn't for the kind words! I'm not a fan off the banker :twisted:

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:19 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I'd still have been playing at the sixth offer today, which is very rare for me. I think I'd have taken £160,000, although I'd have gambled if the offer had been something like £120-£140k.

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:20 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well I thought it was going to be a long time before I saw a worse deal than Steven's last week but this was it.

I was sure she was going all the way with all the talk of 'think big win big' and 'I want the confetti'. Then to deal with such a lousy offer for the board ......... and having watched Steven just a few shows ago throw away an equally golden board too!

I can only imagine that the main goal of most contestants is to go home with any decent amount of money rather than go all the way to get the £250,000.

Makes Laura's big win look even more courageous now.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

pocketeights wrote:
Offer should have been double. How can you deal at that amount no matter if its a lot of money or not. Its just plain stupid. What do you want when you start the game. The offer was poor but fair play to the banker. He won the contestant was to thick to realise this. Got what she deserved. And for those saying well done get real she played terrible.

It was a *beep* offer, yes, but still a lot of money. There was also a 50% chance of the offer going down after the next round, including a 10% chance of a complete disaster. For some people, that makes it just not worth the risk.

basicasic wrote:
I can only imagine that the main goal of most contestants is to go home with any decent amount of money rather than go all the way to get the £250,000.

And why should it not be?!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Laura wasn't mad courageous she was just given a low offer deliberatly to try and get a winner had she had any of these more real offers theres been in final two she would have been off and we would still be looking for our first 1/4 millionaire today and kelsie might have been the one to truly have the balls to turn down serious money to win it.......untill the banker interfered and started using desperate tactics.

I dunno about you guys but i get annoyed when he keeps ringing back and tries all these emotional tricks and everyone falls for them and deals and then gets owned.
He should just make his offers and leave them to make their own minds up from then on.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Last edited by SrWilson on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pocketeights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: pocketeights    Post subject:

Basiac could not agree more. Worst deal done ever bar none. Theres a time to be cautious when theres a lot of money at stake. 29K is a lot on money but when you start the game that board is the board of dreams. The offer should have been at least 50k min and then i would still be tempted to go on. I think she dealt cause the banker played her. Still anyone with any savy would know the odds where stacked largely in her favour. She got what she deserved. Few get to go on the show and some show some courage. She did not have to have any courage there just plain common sense. Hope she enjoys the 29k but she was stupid end off.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:30 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

pocketeights wrote:
Hope she enjoys the 29k but she was stupid end off.

I don't think she was stupid.

Last edited by 22identicalboxes on Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]