Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:23 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 9:23 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Nobody cares at the end if the game's bad. Many people with similarly bad finishes in other versions are offered - and reject - AMOs. Hell, on the Dutch version one guy turned down €6k on a €10/€10k finish... and yes, he won €10!

Of course we had Geordie and Jason...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:05 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Oh dear, poor Geoff, what an unlucky game! I really wanted him to win a good sum too.

This really is turning into the equivalent of the last week before the summer break - this was very similar to Scottish John's, in that he only had £75k and one other small red remaining from halfway, battled back with a couple of good rounds, only for both reds to go after no-dealing the 5-box offer.

I think I would have taken the £9,500 (the only offer I would have considered all game) - but I think there was clear justification not to . I mean look what hapened to Debbie on a simialr board! Also the £5k was there as a disaster prevention box too - but even that went! Also the offer would have trebled if he'd hit the 40% chance of avoiding the £75k, so obviously he fancied those odds.

Really want to see a big win soon, or failing that a run of reasonable wins but banker beatings!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:18 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Poor guy! Should have won much more!

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:22 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Nobody cares at the end if the game's bad. Many people with similarly bad finishes in other versions are offered - and reject - AMOs. Hell, on the Dutch version one guy turned down €6k on a €10/€10k finish... and yes, he won €10!

Of course we had Geordie and Jason...

We've had three "blue" deals in the history of the show, but we haven't seen one since Wayne (whose £999 deal only just qualified) back in June. Of course as has been mentioned frequently by some, deals of less than £10,000 are now very rare!

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:12 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I would have bailed out at the £9500 offer for sure especially as the game had been a struggle against bad luck all the way. Shame a nice guy like Geoff should go away with so little but he took it well and kept smiling right to the end.

JO!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:05 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

poor geoff, i feel sorry for him another win for the banker, he is on a roll!

lol Joanne x

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:13 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

No I missed Geoff's game! :(

So 5 quid - not good.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:15 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

#1 Box 4 fan wrote:
No I missed Geoff's game! :(

So 5 quid - not good.

I missed it as well :(

Time to head over to ilovedealornodeal....

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:17 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

At the stage where he had 8 blues, 2 low reds and the £75k, I thought we were going to see our first ever all-blue squashdown! :shock: The game did turn around though, and I was surprised he no dealt the £9,500 with apparently no consideration at all - yes, he may have come for more than that, but there was a risk he could go away with as low as £5, so a deal would've been wise there to avoid a low win.

However, I'm glad you played the game you wanted Geoff, and enjoy the... £5. :?

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:16 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Hmm, I'd have gone on there too, I think. I'd be *beep* gutted if I sold a £75k box for less than £10k, but I think I could live with it if I won a blue and hadn't rejected anything more than that earlier in the game. I liked Geoff, too...rubbish game.

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]