Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Chris_M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Chris_M    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Maltus wrote:
Bet that audience member feels great now!!

What? Apart from completely wrong as well? :-D

All this Mystic stuff (apart from having a laugh) should be seen for what it is: Dangerous claptrap.

Zell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Zell    Post subject:

Can't say I'm surprised :?

Chris_M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: Chris_M    Post subject:

johnr wrote:
Woohoo!

A rather random competition winner :-D

Only I wouldn't go so far as to claim that that is random.
I mean it is a TV phone in! :shock:

:-D

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:04 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Chris_M wrote:
Maltus wrote:
Bet that audience member feels great now!!

What? Apart from completely wrong as well? :-D

All this Mystic stuff (apart from having a laugh) should be seen for what it is: Dangerous claptrap.

Looks like the red chant is catching on steadily as well :(

The mute button is going to come in very handy in the next couple of days I feel

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Kelsie told Ian that he hadn't come for 17k, so we assumed he came for a higher amount, but he wrote 1p in Noel's book, so surely he didn't apply and go through all of that for peanuts? I'm just slightly confused.

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

Another nasty game.Enjoy the 50 pounds Ian

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:33 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Two blue wins in a row! I'd have taken £9,999, I think.

Useless DoND fact of the day: £50 Sarah wrote her target on a banana. Getting fruit involved in the game leads to a £50 win, it seems.

JO!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:16 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

Sometimes taking the swaps are a good thing, but well done Ian enjoy £500!

lol Joanne x :-)

wheeler-dealer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:39 pm    Author: wheeler-dealer    Post subject:

£8,400 was a good offer, a no-brainer, especially after having turned down £17k.
easy for some muppet to say "dont deal, i know you have 20 grand in your box" when they arent risking a shilling themselves

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:32 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Hmm...well he took a few risks I wouldn't have taken - £8,400 was very generous indeed, back to the 2005 banker! Another player seemingly unwilling to settle for a good but not great sum. I'm not going to say "he deserved it", becuase at least he didn't turn down an AMO, but at least I don't feel that he was forced to the end! I would have taken the £17,500, as I wrongly calculated it as an AMO, but even then it was still over 80% of the mean!

Back luck Ian :(

I love the "ejoy the £50" comment - it's a tank of fuel back home by my reckoning :)

And why was Kelsie crying before the box was opened?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:15 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

He deserved to win the £20,000 for having the courage to go on...shame he didnt. Enjoy £50!

little_monster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:21 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
And why was Kelsie crying before the box was opened?

I think it's because she influenced him into taking such a big gamble...and looks like it didn't pay off.

Also...is there really a place called DEAL?

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:26 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Yes, it's in Kent. Look here.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:48 am    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

poor Ian, he came across a lovely fella. Wish he'd have gone home with more. He deserved more. it took courage to turn down the last offer with the £50 still lurking.
Anyway £50 is better than the 1p so well done Ian,

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:33 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Yet another low money game... :? One of the rare occasions when we have had two blue wins in a row.

I have to admit that Ian did have the opportunity to deal at some worthwhile money, and I agree with Nick (aka #1 Box 4 Fan) that I was left feeling a little confused by his target, as Kelsie said Ian hadn't come for £17k - so had presumably came for a higher amount - yet he wrote 1p (+ new friends) in the book and no dealt some good offers (especially that last one - up until recently, a £4,000 offer would not be rare on a blue vs £20k final two). I suppose he just came for the experience of DOND, which is fair enough - but I don't think that means the player should no deal regardless.

The amount of chanting was ridiculous - it was like a football match - "blue blue blue", then "1p 1p 1p" - then at the very end - chants of "red" when Noel opened his box - I thought chants of "red" in proveout were stupid, but doing it when the contestant's box is opened is really odd and put a real dampner on things when £50 was revealed! :?

Also, I think the psychic stuff and the advice about "You have the £75k in your box" or, in the case of yesterday's game when an audience member yelled out "You have £20k in your box" is dangerous - I think the contestants need reminding that at 5-box stage, for example, there is a 1 in 5 chance that the player has the highest amount left on the board in their box - and they need to take this into account when deciding whether or not to deal - simply saying to the player "£75k is in your box" or whatever is useless advice - and whilst it may encourage the player to be confident in their game, it definitely helps them to loose sight of what the money is about and makes them no deal possibly too quickly - and often end up with a low amount.

I liked Ian though, he seemed a nice bloke and I wanted him to deal earlier - certainly at the last offer... it's a shame that £50 is all he got - but the money was available to him in his game.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I think the last £20k/blue offer to be higher than Ian's was Nick M's £8,500 way back in July, and before that I think it was Audrey in Dec 05! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Chris_M

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:03 pm    Author: Chris_M    Post subject:

little_monster wrote:
...Also...is there really a place called DEAL?

Yes, it's about 15 miles away from me and about as exciting as cold porridge in your underware.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:07 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

They should have kept you for a little longer Ian... I wish you won more than £50 and that was one disasterous start! :(

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:45 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Blimey...I just watched the last three episodes in a row. It was like Double Deal Week, but, well...triple. Quite exhausting.

Anyway, I really liked Ian...he seemed like a nice guy, and also, he looked a bit like the guy who plays Dwight in The Office: An American Workplace and Arthur in Six Feet Under. I'd definitely have taken the £17,500 but I got the impression he was there for the big money or nothing at all...hence the target he wrote in the book. At least he sort of gets a minor spot in the Hall of Fame for being the first man to win £50. :?

Noel pissed me off a bit though (surprise surprise): at the start of Sarah's game he was going on about how Ian's game had been a masterclass in how to play, and he'd done everything right except winning any money. I don't know about anyone else, but I think actually winning some money is rather an important part of playing the game well... :roll:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:02 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Sorry you only won £50 Ian... :(

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]