Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:44 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:44 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:14 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
That was looking so good, then fell apart spectacularly, brought back memories of Khanny's game - the peak offer wasn't quite as high as that but the outcome was worse! Just knew it was going to go wrong when he started saying about how he couldn't have ever imagined his game would go this well...

Sure some people e.g. KP will be saying he got what he deserved for no-dealing that £30k offer, but he played it his way and it's a shame it didn't work out for him.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:07 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Sure some people e.g. KP will be saying he got what he deserved for no-dealing that £30k offer, but he played it his way and it's a shame it didn't work out for him.

ITA. I couldn't have cared less if he'd No Dealt £249,999.99...he was an awesome character and I really wanted him to do well. He took it well, though, and seemed happy to live with the consequences of his gamble.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:12 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well Done Julian. £1000 is still good.

He deserved to win more..he was a great character!!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
That was looking so good, then fell apart spectacularly, brought back memories of Khanny's game - the peak offer wasn't quite as high as that but the outcome was worse! Just knew it was going to go wrong when he started saying about how he couldn't have ever imagined his game would go this well...

You would have thought that after the last 2 days where the £250K has been in offer at halfway and a very decent offer was given, he would have taken the £30K today. It seems to be chase the £250K week this week.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:53 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Julian played a good game today, he's a great character. I would have taken £30,001.

JO!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:04 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

I'll miss Julian, he was a character I like character's in the show
Well done Julian :D

Joanne x

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:04 am    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I would have taken £30,000 today, but £1,000's a lot more than some other people have gone away with, well done Julian.

hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:45 am    Author: hunter    Post subject:

well done Julian! it's a shame you didn't win more but i hope you enjoy the £1,000 you will be missed

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:30 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I was surprised when Julian turned down that £30,001 - mathematically it was clearly a definite deal and the offer would've only gone up if he'd kept the big ones in play... I have to say I don't have much sympathy with Julian, although he was a great bloke, he had the opportunity to walk away with a huge sum of money but decided to gamble it and it didn't pay off. And yes, if he had gone on to win higher money, I'd have still being saying that I thought £30,001 was still the sensible time to deal.

Anyway Julian, enjoy the £1,000!

After the past few games, maybe the other players will realise that going far into the game doesn't always bring high payouts... this time last week, the total payout so far had been £85,000... this week, it's £7,050! :shock:

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:25 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
After the past few games, maybe the other players will realise that going far into the game doesn't always bring high payouts... this time last week, the total payout so far had been £85,000... this week, it's £7,050! :shock:

But Darren and especially Susan only won so much by going far into the game themselves! It works both ways...

Anyway, this week has indeed been pretty crap so far...they need to win more than £26,004 in the next three games to prevent it being the worst ever in terms of total payout. Which really should happen, but you never know...

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:05 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
h2005 wrote:

But Darren and especially Susan only won so much by going far into the game themselves! It works both ways...

Yes, which is why I said that the past few games show that going far into the game doesn't always work.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:15 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Oh I see....I thought you meant "Last week was better because they didn't gamble as much". But I get you now.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Oh I see....I thought you meant "Last week was better because they didn't gamble as much". But I get you now.

Oh right - I should've put the comment about the total payout so far this week as a separate comment.

But yes, the point I'm making is that after last week's high payouts which were gained by going far into the game, this week we are seeing low payouts, also as a result of going far into the game - quite a contrast.

Duffer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:45 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

I haven't got caught up in a game quite so much for a long while (though the fact that I was drinking wine at the time might have had something to do with it...)

Not sure Julian was ever there for the maths or the sensible deal - seemed like he was going to carry on regardless just to see where it got him and it would be churlish to criticise him for that. Still, a real shame that one of the big characters didn't have a big win to match.

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]