Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:11 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:11 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

bluewater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: bluewater    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Enjoy the money

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:07 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

That was an odd game...it never feels very satisfying when they Deal for a relatively low amount having turned down much bigger offers - I can't believe he turned down the third and then took the fourth! But still, Bob was an absolute legend...funniest game in ages!

Jayne is definitely the new BW...she's done five shows and she's had four of the Power Five. :shock:

Qwerty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:11 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
it never feels very satisfying when they Deal for a relatively low amount having turned down much bigger offers - I can't believe he turned down the third and then took the fourth!

Tell me about it!!

Still, Bob was a great character on the chair - loved his stories :D - and at least he got some money out of the game!

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:48 pm    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject:

Well done Bob!

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Wow, it's funny what the crazy chair can do to contestants...Bob said about five words on the wings and about five million today! I wonder how long it took to film, wouldn't be surprised if it took all day!

Still a legendary contestant, though, and £5,000 is a great sum of money. Could have been more, but you can't complain about selling £5 for £5k! Well done, Bob!

chapmanbaxter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:00 pm    Author: chapmanbaxter    Post subject:

He must have caused SO much hurt and pain to so many women and to so many children. I am amazed that his horrible history was treated like a big joke. I wish he'd won 1p, it would be more than he deserved.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:12 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Meh..thats how i would describe this game. Bob started to annoy me. Well done though

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:18 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
That was an odd game...it never feels very satisfying when they Deal for a relatively low amount having turned down much bigger offers - I can't believe he turned down the third and then took the fourth! But still, Bob was an absolute legend...funniest game in ages!

Jayne is definitely the new BW...she's done five shows and she's had four of the Power Five. :shock:

I agree with that post completely. I'm amazed that Bob turned down that third offer, I would have Dealt there. Well done Bob!

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:28 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

Well done Bob!

I would of gone at the 3rd offer.

Zeddie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:54 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

chapmanbaxter wrote:
He must have caused SO much hurt and pain to so many women and to so many children. I am amazed that his horrible history was treated like a big joke. I wish he'd won 1p, it would be more than he deserved.

...So you're back, I see.

Given up on the "gay debate" I hope.

JO!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:19 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

well done bob, had to laugh at noel kissing the phone that was so funny :-D

GAC1984

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:21 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Played Bob Enjoy the money.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:45 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

chapmanbaxter wrote:

Do you have a magic telly where you can tell people's life story from a 1 minute description then?

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:15 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Well that was bizarre!

I have to admit that Bob was an absolute hoot and he had me in stitches, but I got the impression he wasn't really concentrating on the game. And he actually dealt the one offer I thought was a likely no-deal! I would have gone at the third offer....

For a moment I thought it was going to be one of those horrible games where someone takes the lowest amount they could have all game, but at least he had less in his box - it was Box 4 as well, so he won 1,000 times what a certain someone would have won....

And now all the 4 and 5 figure reds have been dealt for! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:54 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I must admit that I was quite surprised to see Bob no deal £14,000 and then go on to no deal £5,000 - I thought if he'd no dealt £14,000, £5,000 would be a no deal for him! Anyway, it was an interesting twist, and for once, Noel didn't rub it in too much when he dealt too early... and I loved the way they both shrieked the value of Bob's box when it was opened! :lol:

I wasn't expecting Bob's game to be such a lively and entertaining one, and for me, that was a good DOND episode - the humour was supplied by the contestant's own sense of humour and stories, etc., rather than gimmicks!

Anyway, well done Bob on £5,000 and enjoy the money!

Last edited by h2005 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:56 am    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

I had nothing against Bob (although he did go on too much), but that game really bored me.

chapmanbaxter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:04 am    Author: chapmanbaxter    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
chapmanbaxter wrote:

Do you have a magic telly where you can tell people's life story from a 1 minute description then?

No, I have ears and a brain and using them together it was quite clear from the - much more than 1 minute - description he gave that he is a nasty piece of work when it comes to family. He has left lots of people behind, admits he forgets his own kids' names. There was lots more along these lines.

DOND turned it into a big joke and it seems a lot of people here are going along with the joke. They are entitled to do so if they want. And I am entitled to think what I think of him.

chapmanbaxter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:05 am    Author: chapmanbaxter    Post subject:

Zeddie wrote:
chapmanbaxter wrote:

...So you're back, I see.

Given up on the "gay debate" I hope.

Yes that debate is finished. Despite your attempt to reignite it there, I've finished with it and moved on. I hope you do soon too.

Rhyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:58 am    Author: Rhyd    Post subject:

It's quite weird he dealt at the lowest offer of the entire game :shock:

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:05 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That £5k deal only really looked bad becuase he had an all-blue round following it - he had a 37.5% chance of taking out the £50k, then he'd have had to have kept £15k all the way to the end to see £5k again. Also keeping the £50k without its £15k safety net wouldn't have been too clever either.

Typical that someone who chooses NOT to chase their losses would have been right to do so - how often does that happen - people deal too early AND too late?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]