Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:59 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 1:59 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

David

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:42 pm    Author: David    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
This may sound nasty, but I was glad it went pear shaped.
- Yes, BlairM, it DOES sound - and IS - nasty. You are glad when something goes "pear shaped" for someone else, are you? - Well, I think Gloria is a lot richer than you, however little she won, as she showed style, and courage, and took her bad luck in good spirits.

What a wonderful lady that Gloria is. Whereas lady luck didn't shine on her, she was still great fun - we want to see more of her on our tellies. How about her own programme called "Superstitions - their origin and our destinies" What a great front woman she would make. Come on Channel 4

BlairM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:30 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

Not glad when it goes wrong for every other player.

My point is you can't take the game too seriously, it is a game of luck and making such a big fuss over superstitions isn't going to change it.

Thats what bugs me about Noel, if someone's having a good game he makes it sound as if they were really skilled in being able to do it!

David

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:05 pm    Author: David    Post subject:

Blair

You shouldn't be glad when it goes wrong for ANY player. You also shouldn't be glad that someone has misfortune and, that you do, perhaps says something about you. Think about how Gloria feels and then think about whether you think it is right to rub salt in her wounds by saying that you are "glad" about it. Perhaps you need to get out more.

What a wonderful lady that Gloria is. Whereas lady luck didn't shine on her, she was still great fun - we want to see more of her on our tellies. How about her own programme called "Superstitions - their origin and our destinies" What a great front woman she would make. Come on Channel 4

debbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:20 pm    Author: debbie    Post subject:

Gloria really was a fantastic lady. Full of fun and had plenty of time for everyone. She had a fantastic outlook on life and I was gutted when her game went so wrong. She really deserved more.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:28 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

It was such a horrible game, but I had a feeling from the outset with all that superstition talk that it would go wrong. But Gloria seemed really nice and I wanted her to win more. I hate it when players I like don't win much. Her game just goes to show that the game is down to pure chance and systems aren't effective.

BlairM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:26 am    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

David wrote:
Blair

You shouldn't be glad when it goes wrong for ANY player. You also shouldn't be glad that someone has misfortune and, that you do, perhaps says something about you. Think about how Gloria feels and then think about whether you think it is right to rub salt in her wounds by saying that you are "glad" about it. Perhaps you need to get out more.

I'll overlook the little personal attack there, if I am ever on DOND and people talk about my show I'd be dissapointed if everyone had the same thing to say (for example the general we can't say anything negative about a player attitude on here... :roll: ).

David

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:21 am    Author: David    Post subject:

Blair

You shouldn't overlook the personal attack on you.

You have missed the point - I am not saying that you shouldn't say anything negative about a player's attitude. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU DID - what instead you did was say that you are glad that it went pear shaped for somebody else, and that sort of comment and approach to life perhaps says something about you as a person, and where you are right now.

Subject closed - I won't be adding any more posts.

Good bye Blair, good luck, and we all look forward to seeing you on the show upon which occasion I can assure you that Gloria would be willing you to do well, in contrast to what you willed for her.

BlairM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:57 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

You can blab all day about "where I am in life".... :roll:

It is my opinion and no matter how many times you tell me I need to get out more or etc I will keep it. So like it or lump it.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done Gloria on playing the game, it's just a shame that your courage to turn down some good offers for the board didn't pay off. :( Still, I hope you enjoyed the DOND experience, and it'll be one that you'll never forget - money can't buy experience. I can't reallly say "Enjoy the £5"... but hopefully, you'll frame the cheque and hang it on your bedroom wall as a souvenir of DOND!

Qwerty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:13 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

A painful game to watch, hate it when there is just continual reds being discovered, a bit like the reversal of Stella's game (with blues instead of reds).

Gloria was a bit quieter in the chair than I thought she'd be - in fact very different than how I thought she'd be seeing her on the wings.

Still, a good game to watch with the superstitious jokes :D

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]