Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:41 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 6:41 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:06 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
It would have been very risky to no deal at 5 box unless you were 100% sure. There was only a 10% chance of avoiding both big numbers from 5 box and only in those circumstances would the offer have been any more than £50,000.

Last edited by rico7 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:06 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

AAARRRRRGHHHH!!!

Oh butterfudge. I'm not that fussed she had the £250k in her box, even if she swapped for it. I suppose £36,400 is 'chunky money but Sarah rocks and deserved ten times that amount. *

What a great game though. I loved the moment when she picked box 3, even though she couldn't win. I don't know what amount I wanted to see!

* I know that's an impossibility.

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:07 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
Someone please get Sarah an application form for the next series of Channel Five's "Britains Psychic Challenge". That'd be cool! :-D

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

Kay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:09 pm    Author: Kay    Post subject:

Will wrote:
AAARRRRRGHHHH!!!

What a great game though. I loved the moment when she picked box 3, even though she couldn't win. I don't know what amount I wanted to see!

* I know that's an impossibility.

Me too! I think if she'd been playing it still, she'd have picked it anyway, the last 'test' to see if her powers are reliable enough to take the gamble at the last deal. ;)

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:15 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I *beep* LOVE SARAH!!! She's an absolute legend, both on the show and on this site...I actually could not care less that she had the £250k, as I was so worried throughout most of the game that she was going to end up with nothing. I'd definitely definitely have Dealt when she did too, and I'm really glad she got such a big amount. Well done Sarah!!!

Pammybun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:20 pm    Author: Pammybun    Post subject:

Well done Sarah - you really deserved to win and £36k is a great sum of money. :D

To those who say you should have gone on - well :P to them - it is really so stressful sitting in the chair and it is easy when you are not in that position. You dealt at the right time :D

Can't wait for your party -I am deffo coming down and am staying with Brian and Val, It will be great for us all to get togetehr again.

You did good girl - and oyu came across as nice on the show as you are in real life. :D

Pam x

on the wing - 10 Jan 2007
in the crazy chair - 22 Jan 2007

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

At the point she dealt, I was valuing the board as:

10% chance of an offer of £120k (which would then be turned down :))
30% chance of a slight increase (which I would have dealt)
30% chance of a drop of about two-thirds (which I would be in two minds about)
30% chance of complete disaster

That means a cast-iron deal in my book!

It's not going to be the same without Sarah. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:30 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Aah, that game messed with my mind!!

I've got so many conflicting emotions here. First of all I'd convinced myself Sarah's game was going to be a total trainwreck and she was gonna win a blue, as the legends always do. So with all the reds going early it seemed to confirm this, but the sudden turnaround at the end caught me COMPLETELY by surprise. I was pleading her to take the £36,400 as the only way she was going to get a higher offer was if she left the £250k there, and considering recent Banker behaviour it wouldn't have been much bigger.

But she SWAPPED 10P FOR £250,000!! That's the second best swap anyone can ever do ever! I really dunno what to think...£36,400 is an amazing sum of money and really really really well done for winning it, but wow, how gutting must that be!

Still, had you not swapped there'd have been no way you'd have got anywhere near that figure, and £36,400's massive. It wasn't the biggie, but well done anyway! Gonna be a shame to see you go, you rock!

(By the way, some of Sarah's psychicness must have rubbed off on me today...as soon as she picked Andrew, '£10,000' immediately flashed in my head! I really scared myself when that's just what he revealed!)

Last edited by Billy on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:32 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I was convinced that you were going to win a blue as well, so well done Sarah. You deserve every penny!

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:44 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

AMAZING. a day after i claimed box 21 was officially the unluckiest box on the table. it usually is though.well done on £36,400 though sarah, you really are psychic!!! :shock: :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:10 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

WOW! What a game. Well done Sarah..£36,400 is a lovely amount of money

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:36 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

rico7 wrote:
I don't think she does have 250K in her box. I think she should deal now at £36,400!
Woops I think I got that wrong! :-D

little_monster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:01 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

Well done Sarah, you deserve the money. Great shame about having the £250K, but look on the bright side, you broke one record and equalled another! 8 Reds in a row and best swap ever!

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:47 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Congratulations Sarah on winning £36,400! :D

maggie que

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:02 pm    Author: maggie que    Post subject:

:D hey sarah bet you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.enjoy spending the dosh!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
They keep saying I knew it I knew it. well why do they deal then?

Because even though they have a superstition or similar telling them to go to a particular number, they're rational enough to know that if the Banker offers walking money, they ought to walk? And I don't think '99% of the time' they've been right, there must be plenty of counter-examples.

I only followed this game in text and it sounded a quarter of a million times more exciting than Laura's. Who said January's Game of the Month was a shoo-in? The only way Laura's going to win is if the 'no, Laura's game sucked' crowd are too split between Sarah, Mariette, Nicola and Brian... and probably Bunney if his game befits his time on the wings!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:09 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Sarah :D

You played a good game. Shame you didn't win the big one.

Enjoy £36,400

Very Well Done.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:38 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And another spooky occurrence - Rachel (who originally had the £250k) was wearling a top just like Laura did when she played! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

johnr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:14 am    Author: johnr    Post subject:

I got a bit too drunk at lunch today so I only caught the last 10 minutes of this game on YouTube but WOW it really was a weird game, I think had Sarah been slightly older / in a more positive financial situation she would have gone on, certainly I didn't think she was going to deal at that point considering how they edited Noel to say 'If you go on...We could have our second QM' etc.

I'm surprised the banker didn't play mind games and try to get her to use her physcic powers to predict the offers! (Or I missed that)

P.S. I loved how she said 'I knew it was there' AFTER the box had been opened :lol:

ashley1234

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:54 am    Author: ashley1234    Post subject:

Congratulations, Sarah, on winning the money, enjoy it. I couldn't believe it when the £250,000 turned up in your swapped box. Weird!!!

[ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]