Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:57 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:57 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:01 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Well done Stuart, it's a shame that it wasn't more, though.

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:32 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I had bad feelings about this game, and it looks like they were right. But £1,000's still better than what loads of others have won, so well done Stuart for that!

I've uploaded that fantastic Box 14/16 mixup at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB2ya0hAYAc . That Noel, he so crazy!

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Thanks for uploading that Billy!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:41 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Haha that was funny!

Thanks Billy! :D

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:54 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
I think they should change Noel's opening statement to 'no questions except two', these days, as 'swap or no swap' seems to be a regular question, in addition to 'deal or no deal'!
Agreed!
No disrespect to Stuart cos he's a great guy, but that was a horrible game to watch and the blame lies mainly with the banker for offering the Swap. I also think Noel laboured the point about Stuart not swapping Box 1, although he was echoing what a lot of us were feeling! :?

Well done Stuart on being courageous and £1,000 is a lot better than 1p! :D

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Well that was....odd.

Noel really annoyed me at the start going on about how Catherine wasn't focused, of course she was! The box selection is random, the real area you need to focus on is the offers and she certainly did that, £21k was a good deal on the board she had. Then he goes and gets Stuart's box no wrong!

It was a game he was always chasing as most of the big values went early, but he sort of set himself up for that 5th round swap offer really, he talked himself into it. I don't think it mattered too much, I think only Dot has ever dealt on a £35k/not much else last 5, as even a reasonable offer is likely to be gambled, most people will be willing to risk losing £3k or so.

I just wished he left Phil's box or swapped for it. People with hunches are usually wrong, but Stuart was right so why did he try to disprove himself?

I wanted him to win loads more than a grand, but thanks on being such an entertaining contestant Stuart! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:15 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Interesting game..well done Stuart!!!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:34 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Enjoy the money stuart, :)
shame It couldnt be more but it is better than going home with a blue amount!

little_monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:53 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

It's like I didn't want to like you....but I did.

Very well done Stuart, even though £1,000 isn't enormous for the show it's a darn sight better than going away with 1p. Enjoy the money!

ashley1234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:23 am    Author: ashley1234    Post subject:

Sad game, Stuart, wish you could have won more, but, £1000 is better than nothing

bretzysdude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:02 am    Author: bretzysdude    Post subject:

rico7 wrote:
Maltus wrote:
I think they should change Noel's opening statement to 'no questions except two', these days, as 'swap or no swap' seems to be a regular question, in addition to 'deal or no deal'!
Agreed!
No disrespect to Stuart cos he's a great guy, but that was a horrible game to watch and the blame lies mainly with the banker for offering the Swap. I also think Noel laboured the point about Stuart not swapping Box 1, although he was echoing what a lot of us were feeling! :?

Well done Stuart on being courageous and £1,000 is a lot better than 1p! :D

Sorry, hate to disagree with you, but the blame lies with Stuart, not the banker. If he knew this feeling that £35K was in box 1, why couldn't he have given his son a better chance at the trip to the Grand Canyon?

Anyway, Stuart *sigh*... congrats on the 1K, but darn it, you had a chance for so much more!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:40 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done Stuart for a great game to watch - it's a shame you didn't get more than £1,000 - but it just wasn't your lucky day and at least you don't have any regrets about turning down any huge offers (like some players do!).

That is the sort of DOND episode I really like - where the humour is coming mainly from the contestant playing, and where there are no gimmicks, etc. - it's just the contestant providing the humour - and Stuart did it really well!

Enjoy the £1,000, Stuart! ;)

Duffer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:23 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

Poor bloke - I think he hid his disappointment pretty well there...

Not often that the first offer is the biggest amount he could have won (although in this case it was matched by the second offer) but when that does occur, it's usually a spectacularly unlucky game and Stuart, sadly, had more than his share of bad luck.

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:51 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
thanks on being such an entertaining contestant Stuart! :D
There's no doubt that Stuart made the show entertaining, but I didn't get any pleasure out of seeing the unlucky box opening, and I don't think that the banker should offer the swap at that stage unless the contestant says that they will go to the end regardless of what the banker offers. Stuart would have had an offer of maybe £3,000 at 5 box or thereabouts which would have presented him with an interesting dilemma. We've seen quite a few contestants deal at those kind of amounts in similar circumstances to avoid going home with a peanuts amount.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

rico7 wrote:
I don't think that the banker should offer the swap at that stage unless the contestant says that they will go to the end regardless of what the banker offers. Stuart would have had an offer of maybe £3,000 at 5 box or thereabouts which would have presented him with an interesting dilemma. We've seen quite a few contestants deal at those kind of amounts in similar circumstances to avoid going home with a peanuts amount.

Well...that is what Stuart said, isn't it? He said that there wouldn't be an offer on that board that would tempt him to go, and was quite happy to carry on without any offer at all. I think an offer of around £3,000 would have been instantly turned down, and not presented much of a dilemma at all. If the Banker had done that to someone like Dot, who was clearly desperate to just get out of the game with something decent on a crap board, I'd have been horrified, but after everything Stuart had said I think the swap offer was perfectly justified.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I really can't think of anyone apart from Dot who has dealt on a £35k and not much else last 5. Original Paul maybe, but he had £5k and £3k as back up, and I thought £6,500 was a very generous offer indeed!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:30 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

And, of course, Dot was one of the ones who wouldn't have hit the £35k and therefore should have carried on...Deal or No Deal sucks sometimes.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

A stick at £5,000 would have been interesting, but we'll never know...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]