Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:52 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 6:52 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

dcdingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:36 pm    Author: dcdingo    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I'm another person who's been knocking around, but I just had to register to post my congratulations Aaron! It was a great game to watch, enjoy the money!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

This sounds like a broken record but well done Aaron. I see this as revenge for Geordie's game, except you had amazing good luck this time.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:59 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Wow what a fantastic game! 7 blues in a row and not a single red. :-D You were right to deal at £25k, I would of dealt at £30k but that's because I havn't got the guts to go on! Congratulations and spend your winnings wisely!

naughty10382

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:22 pm    Author: naughty10382    Post subject:

CONGRATULATIONS Aaron! What an amazing game!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the girlish squeal that escaped Noel's lips after the second offer... I was half expecting him to get pompoms out and start jumping up and down!

I missed hearing the first part of the game, as I got a phone call JUST as it was starting - I didn't really pay much attention to what was being said to me, I was too busy jumping about the front room like a looney.

And I agree - who are we gonna look at now?!?!

RecordBaby™

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:23 pm    Author: RecordBaby™    Post subject:

Yep, first my beloved Marcus goes now Aaron!!!

But I still have Noel! :-D

I ♥ Marcus!

Maltus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:46 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Well done Aaron, great game!

bushy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:56 pm    Author: bushy    Post subject:

Thanks everyone - I'm flattered that so many lurkers have shown themselves!

Keep watching, there's some good shows coming up!

Aaron xxx

Maltus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:08 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Well done Aaron! You played really well - hats off to you - people may be surprised by when you dealt, but you were astute enough to recognise the banker would probably overreact to any hits on the remains of Power 5 in the next round and give you a trap offer, forcing you to play on, perhaps until the end. Timed to perfection, it was an excellent show.

PS Wish I'd bet on David Cameron winning the Conservative leadership if the odds were as good as you said, bushy, I called it from the outset -if only for uni solidarity! But though I might have predicted Cameron, I think I would have totally screwed up if given the same tough calls you had to make in your show. I would quite possibly have been left with 50p if I'd played your game, as it were, and so the utmost respect playing it as you did. And a little bit of history with the massive first offer (though I think the 5 blue boxes in a row may have been done once before...? Noel is possibly mistaken on that bit, or maybe I'm just confused!) Were you at all tempted by the 1st offer? Or the 2nd? (I expect not with the £250k still in play).

Enjoy the winnings, I'm so pleased you had a good show! :D

And you kept a very cool head throughout, to unnerve the banker, so good work. 8) May it rub off in future shows!

saira

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:13 pm    Author: saira    Post subject:

Gutted I missed Aarons show! I was working 3-10 and I ALWAYS try and wangle my break for when DOND was on... and got it at about 4.10 but then got called down cos it had gotten busy so I flipping missed it!!!

Well done Aaron though, glad you did so well!! :)

bushy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:16 pm    Author: bushy    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
(though I think the 5 blue boxes in a row may have been done once before...? Noel is possibly mistaken on that bit, or maybe I'm just confused!) Were you at all tempted by the 1st offer? Or the 2nd? (I expect not with the £250k still in play).

Apparently Shell in one of the very early shows had an even better all-blue first round - though she didn't manage 7 in a row!

The first offer, no; the second, massively! I played on because of (a) the £250k and (b) I didn't feel I had been up there long enough!

Maud

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:26 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

I dont think I would ever go on the 2nd offer, you're there for a show, you need to play at least some of it, lol.

I say you done the best you could.

I really thought you were mad to say deal.... until the next few boxes were open, lol.

Maltus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:27 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Indeed 7 blues in a row was awesome especially as you had a blue in your box! What are the chances?! You looked delighted, and though £30k was huge, no-one could blame you for playing on. The £250k really does control the game, and while its there (with a bit of back up), on balance, I think its worth playing on.

And as you say keeping going for two more deals made it a great show, even if you did get £5k less. It was compelling viewing, hope you enjoyed watching it back yourself.

I'm sure I'll speak for everyone on this site when I say we'll miss you on our screens, bushy. Another great DoND character which has served to make the show such a resounding success. Having beaten him at his own game, maybe you could replace the Banker when he gets sick of losing!! :D

Looking forward to some more great future shows now - Lucy, Steve, Gary, J.T., Johnnie etc., lets get some more big wins people!!

bork

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:03 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

Just watched your show bushy, and what a classic it was. You have established yourself as a DoND legend, and will live long in the record books. We may never see your opening offer (or the second one) beaten.

Great deal as well.

Enjoy your winnings, you certainly deserve them.

(I think you should put $10,000 of it on an entry to the World Series of Poker. After being a famous DoND name, you might join Doyle Brunson, Amarillo Slim, Phil Hellmuth and the rest as a poker legend too :D )

JT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:33 am    Author: JT    Post subject: well done

Can't add anymore to that, well done mate - i loved being part of it JT

Hi folks, it's JT here - I'm a new contestant on the show and I start opening my boxes Friday 10th March. It's great there's yet another site for this great show and it would be cool to hear from anyone. JT x

Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:52 am    Author: Dan    Post subject:

The first show i've missed in god knows how long...it's put me at a really low ebb :cry:

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:12 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

I have to say it was quite surreal watching todays show, cos Aaron was a member on here before he appeared on the show.

Well I thought it was surreal....

Qwerty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:56 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

:smt038 Great game! It really was! :D

trace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:44 am    Author: trace    Post subject:

Hello there!

Aaron, not only did you break the record on dond for an all blue first round, this must be a record number of lurkers who have registered today because of you!

I am a huge fan of the show since the beginning and I was so thrilled for you, you were a fave of me and my mums, I even went round to hers to watch it - she was getting excited watching the repeat with me!!

I am so pleased you won £25k what a shrewd deal that was, I, probably like the rest of the nation thought you dealt too soon, how wrong we were!

Well done!! :)

Trace x

clareybabes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:54 am    Author: clareybabes    Post subject:

I thought the best moment was when Aaron "went to the break" before Noel could say it...Fantastic stuff made me chuckle!!

:-D

Cazzie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:04 am    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

I'm late to this thread :oops: but what a fantastic game Aaron... had me jumping around like a loon. :lol:

Congratulations mate... enjoy the money...

Had it been my game I would have totally made the wrong deal :oops:

Caz x

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]