Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:03 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 11:03 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
I have seen her posting on ilovedealornodeal.co.uk, so hopefully, she'll make her way over here! :D

Why does Noel sometimes offer the hypothetical swap and sometimes not? I thought he always did it if the player had a lucky number that they left to the end - i.e. Nev, etc. and to a certain extent David J, but he didn't do it with Claudine... perhaps it was edited out? :? Claudine knows! Claudine - let us know!!! :D

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:47 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Maud wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:
Who cares if she had the 250k, she played well and got rewarded, good on ya girl

Who cares? WHO CARES? SHE HAD THE BLOODY £250,000 AND SHE BLEW IT. That's why we should all care. And she also took Gaz of the number 2 spot. DARN.

She never blew anything, someone just said her fave box was the other box so she probably would have swapped and won 10k

Who says she would have been offered the swap?

She blew £142,969, which would get me crying. But I wouldn't be because I would have no dealed.

My dislike club: The number 3

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:48 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:
Who cares if she had the 250k, she played well and got rewarded, good on ya girl

Who cares? WHO CARES? SHE HAD THE BLOODY £250,000 AND SHE BLEW IT. That's why we should all care. And she also took Gaz of the number 2 spot. DARN.

She never blew anything, someone just said her fave box was the other box so she probably would have swapped and won 10k

She blew £142,969, which would get me crying. But I wouldn't be because I would have no dealed.

me too! it seems we are the only two actually sensible people here :roll:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:48 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:

No, you'd have kept box 4, swapped for it and won 50p...

never_wrong

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:48 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:

In other news, man invents wheel.

Still, well done to Claudine! I shall definitely be watching the last ten minutes of this episode later....it sounds immense!

Tugger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:48 pm    Author: Tugger    Post subject:

Perhaps that 250k is taking over the 20k as the new rock!

And Wakey was right!??? :shock:

BlairM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:50 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

I was urging her to deal as I didn't think the 250 could be there again! Unbelievable!

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:51 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

daniel123 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Maud wrote:

me too! it seems we are the only two actually sensible people here :roll:

You are kidding right?

Cazzie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:52 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

What a FANTASTIC game!!

I was trying to eat my dinner and watch that and had to keep stopping!! :lol: Serious indigestion coming up methinks!! I was so surprised she no dealt that £44K offer I was lucky I didn't choke!! :lol:

It really didn't matter at the end that she had the 250K in her box although it would have been an amazing bonus to have the £10,000!!! She was so brave and it was so great to see her bravery rewarded.. wish the same could have happened for Sarah as I loved her attitude and it was such a shame she wasn't rewarded :cry:

Now, my main problem (apart from the indigestion) is can I forgive Claudine for taking Gary's second spot!?!? :shock: ;)

Congratulations Claudine, enjoy the money!! :-D

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

Jimmy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:53 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject:
Global Moderator

She SHOULD have dealt earlier!! But she was very brave :)

It seemed more likely that she was going away with a bottom red when the 50,000 was revealed but she kept at it and she got a very decent sum indeed! ;)

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:54 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

Cazzie wrote:
What a FANTASTIC game!!

I was trying to eat my dinner and watch that and had to keep stopping!! :lol: Serious indigestion coming up methinks!! I was so surprised she no dealt that £44K offer I was lucky I didn't choke!! :lol:

It really didn't matter at the end that she had the 250K in her box although it would have been an amazing bonus to have the £10,000!!! She was so brave and it was so great to see her bravery rewarded.. wish the same could have happened for Sarah as I loved her attitude and it was such a shame she wasn't rewarded :cry:

Now, my main problem (apart from the indigestion) is can I forgive Claudine for taking Gary's second spot!?!? :shock: ;)

Congratulations Claudine, enjoy the money!! :-D

GAZ? Fantastic game :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

No Dealing to the end is sensible only if you were to play the game a thousand times, because it's true that your average win will be maximised by going to the end (assuming no AMOs).

However, the only time that is rational if you're playing the game only once is if you believe a quarter of a million is five times more useful (or more) than 50k, which is then five times more useful than 10k...

...and I must say, for near enough every single person in the country, that isn't the case.

Why didn't they offer the hypothetical swap though? Maybe on the assumption that because she turned down an opening swap she'd turn down this swap too?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:00 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Yeah I think people need to realise what a huge gamble she took on with the penultimate offer, even with an all-red final five. Only Shirley, Jennifer and Kirsty have turned down more at that stage.

I'm quite well up towards the no-dealing end of the spectrum but I think I'd probably have gone at £44k, and a lot of people would have gone earlier and given us another game like the ones we've seen recently with the £250k on the table.

Bobby

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:03 pm    Author: Bobby    Post subject:

I think that game captured what DOND is all about. I don't think anyone can critisice her decision, after all it was one hell of a drop. She seemed like a really nice lady aswell so congratulations to her!

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:03 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

What a game!! :D If Endemol want their first quarter of a million winner they will have to pitch their offer lower should similar circumstances arise at the two box stage, but the banker pitched it just right to ensure a deal, definitely the smart decision by Claudine. You would expect to see something higher than 10K with the 250K at the end to get such a high offer these days.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:07 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

What a great game, well done Claudine!

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:08 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Claudine if you read this, many congratulations to you for being so courageous in winning £107,031 and having such a positive attitude! :D

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:16 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

Well done Claudine!

Enjoy the money you deserve it

Billy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:17 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Anyone who says Deal or No Deal is boring is an idiot, and that game showed why.

It's rare that you have an incredible game like that that doesn't get spoiled - Kirsty's was spoiled for me, David J's was spoiled for me, but this was COMPLETELY by surprise. All I knew was that it was going to be 'memorable', which could have meant absolutely anything. Eventually me and my Grandma were both going mental - The Banker could have given her an insulting offer like David J's, but I'm so glad he offered a huge offer like that. An incredible six-figure win for a woman with amazing courage, very, very well done indeed Claudine. You ROCK!

And even the bizarre not-mega-money-after-all LTL didn't harm it!

ross

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:19 pm    Author: ross    Post subject:

Guess we'll be needing Claudine pics for the Hall of Fame then ;)

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]