Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:56 am Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 10:56 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:06 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
My thoughts are with Amanda and her family at this sad time.

ned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:07 pm    Author: ned    Post subject: your comments

Just read your comments off support for amanda,,,what a nice bunch you are, i do know what amanda won, but would be disrespectable to amanda and her family to comment.

Hope u all continue to enjoy the show, some gd 1's comin up, and mine not to far away now,

NED

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:08 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Ned, do you know what Amanda won?

Is that really the thing to be worrying about right now?

h2005 wrote:
It doesn't really matter when it will be shown or how much she won - what matters more is that we are thinking about Amanda and her family at this time. However, I doubt it will be shown soon, if it is shown, probably on a Saturday or after the 1st episode on a Sunday, so the schedules aren't messed up.

Very well said guys. I was about to say much the same.

I think nearly everyone's thoughts are with Amanda and her family at the moment, rather than when a show might be aired.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:09 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

never_wrong wrote:
That is truly tragic, even moreso considering the time of year we are in. Once again, my thoughts are with Amanda and her family.

I agree. Poor Amanda, my thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. :(

Last edited by "The Banker" on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:10 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Endemol made exactly the right decision today, poor Amanda. :(

david3383

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:15 pm    Author: david3383    Post subject:

Yes, my thoughts are with Amanda and her family during this difficult time. :cry:

David, you're obsessed with trains and bloody Barnsley. - 22identicalboxes

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:21 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

:(
I'm happy to see the lovely Kirsty again, but, really, that doesn't matter...poor, poor Amanda. I feel so sorry for her right now, really sad about her terrible loss.

I also think some of these comments about asking when her game will be shown and how there's so many online on the forum are a little tasteless. Someone's died, we shouldn't be thinking about things like that at times like this.

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:22 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
While I agree with the sentiments of 'poor Amanda' etc, etc., I wonder if someone could actually do me a huge favour and find the time to post a picture of Amanda on the wings, so I can at least put a face to the name and work out who you are talking about.

When you get past the age of thirty your memory isn't the same as what it once was, and I'm really struggling to picture her in my mind.

I'd like to at least know who we're refering to here! :oops:

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

wakey1512

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:23 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Poor Amanda, and poor Amanda's stepson. Never thought this would happen :?

So when will this be shown? Tomorrow perhaps?

My dislike club: The number 3

Tugger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:26 pm    Author: Tugger    Post subject:

Mental Mickey wrote:
While I agree with the sentiments of 'poor Amanda' etc, etc., I wonder if someone could actually do me a huge favour and find the time to post a picture of Amanda on the wings, so I can at least put a face to the name and work out who you are talking about.

When you get past the age of thirty your memory isn't the same as what it once was, and I'm really struggling to picture her in my mind.

I'd like to at least know who we're refering to here! :oops:

www.ilovedealornodeal.co.uk

justcause110

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:26 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

My condolences to Amanda.

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:31 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Tugger wrote:

That looks quite an interesting site Tugger. Never been there before. Is it yours? If it is, then well done! :D

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

Will

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:31 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

Just got in from work. Really sad to hear what's happened.

All my thoughts are with Amanda and her family now...

Tugger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:38 pm    Author: Tugger    Post subject:

Mental Mickey wrote:
Tugger wrote:

That looks quite an interesting site Tugger. Never been there before. Is it yours? If it is, then well done! :D

Nope, not mine. You go to the players and Amanda will be there.

wokoman88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:48 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

Deepest Condolences Amanda :cry:

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:53 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Tugger wrote:
Mental Mickey wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Nope, not mine. You go to the players and Amanda will be there.

I did. I have to confess, she's gone completely under my radar net, even if she has been on for 23 shows, but then there are very few contestants these days who make an impression on me on the wings that I class as memorable.

To be brutally honest and frank, if they missed this show out completely and went straight on to the next one in sequence, I'd probably never even have figured out that a contestant had disappeared without playing their game if I wasn't a regular reader of these forums. I noticed Joseph when he disappeared, but he was the exception rather than the rule.

I'm not interested in stats so whether or not the game ever airs or not doesn't really bother me in the way that a "missing episode" will bother other people. I can already see the battle lines being drawn up around "Episode 312" and debates raging as to whether "Amanda (unaired)" counts as a show in its own right or not, or whether Show 312 will belong to whoever plays on Sunday. ;)

The important thing right now is to agree that C4 and Endomol made the right decision in cancelling the show today, and I'm sure they can be trusted on a decison on when and if they might air it in the future. That decision I guess will be up to Amanda, and I shouldn't imagine anyone at C4/Endomol is going to pressure her into a decision one way or the other any time soon. Whatever is decided is fine with me.

At least I can now put a face to the name. :oops:

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

Dusty Bin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:01 pm    Author: Dusty Bin    Post subject: Today's Show

kestral wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Ned, do you know what Amanda won?

Is that really the thing to be worrying about right now?

h2005 wrote:
It doesn't really matter when it will be shown or how much she won - what matters more is that we are thinking about Amanda and her family at this time. However, I doubt it will be shown soon, if it is shown, probably on a Saturday or after the 1st episode on a Sunday, so the schedules aren't messed up.

Very well said guys. I was about to say much the same.

I think nearly everyone's thoughts are with Amanda and her family at the moment, rather than when a show might be aired.

Totally agree with the final sentence above.

Because of the withdrawal of a what has become an incredibly popular show and in some way down to the manner in which the announcement was made it's only human nature that the visitors to this site are so numerous this evening.

The caption at the end of the repeat today perhaps should have also been shown at the start to knock on the head some of the above comments we have seen on this thread. Not sure, but perhaps.

However, as one, I'm sure we all extend our sympathies to Amanda and her family.

Now please no more speculating about what she won, when the show will be shown if at all, how C4's schedules will be affected etc.

It's time to show some respect.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:03 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject: Re: Today's Show

Dusty Bin wrote:
Totally agree with the final sentence above.

Because of the withdrawal of a what has become an incredibly popular show and in some way down to the manner in which the announcement was made it's only human nature that the visitors to this site are so numerous this evening.

The caption at the end of the repeat today perhaps should have also been shown at the start to knock on the head some of the above comments we have seen on this thread. Not sure, but perhaps.

However, as one, I'm sure we all extend our sympathies to Amanda and her family.

Now please no more speculating about what she won, when the show will be shown if at all, how C4's schedules will be affected etc.

Well said!

JamesR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:19 pm    Author: JamesR    Post subject:

Of course, my thoughts are with Amanda and her family at this tragic time. :cry:

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:19 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject: Re: Today's Show

Dusty Bin wrote:

Rico7 has set up a messages of condolence thread for Amanda in the Conestants section here:

http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5822

If there is any respect to be shown, then the best place for it is there.

Yes, the "what did she win?" questions were unnecesary.

That doesn't mean that there are people out there who are not interested in what will happen to DonD on Sunday (or indeed next week as a whole -will it be another repeat or a new show?), in which case maybe this thread should be locked and another one started - "Episode 312: The Fallout" - where such things could be discussed without offending anyone and people start getting accused of being disrespectful. We'll have to talk about it sooner or later!! Burying our heads in the sand is not an option. :)

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]