Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:16 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:16 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:11 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

Warnings: 0
You people are all wrong. It's bad to "have guts." Why? Because this happens.

He's not the first, and definitely not the last to be incredibly greedy.

Welcome to the Death Factory, where dreams go to die. Health Canada, here I come. They know who I am.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:13 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

BankerSpanker wrote:
Archstered wrote:
That was the FOURTH time at that point I had saw a player go for the £50,000 at the end and miss out.

Emma, Sarah, Rohima and Leon.

I'm a curse.

Forget curse of the newbie. Noel will now need to mention curse of the regular! :P

Yup! It's not me I tell you, it's not me!

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:27 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon
Forum Games Moderator

*emerges*

That wasn't 'guts', folks.

*recedes*

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:34 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

daniel123 wrote:
*emerges*

*recedes*

YES IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt011 :smt011 :smt019 :smt019

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

American Coupon Boy wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
*emerges*

*recedes*

Not really.

If greed = guts, then you'd be right about that.

Would you have done the same thing, bud? And more to the point, would you be able to live with yourself if it panned out the same way?

If you enjoyed today's show, and can applaud what this guy did, then you've got another thing coming.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:44 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

Hawker5ive wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
*emerges*

*recedes*

Not really.

Would you have done the same thing, bud? And more to the point, would you be able to live with yourself if it panned out the same way?

If you enjoyed today's show, and can applaud what this guy did, then you've got another thing coming.

I honestly would've dealt at 5 box, Deal the DFKATBG if it was offered, take the SWAP, win the £50,000, and then NO DEAL Box 23. I know £10,000 is a lot to use, but £50,000 is considerably more than twice as useful than that to me, plus it is the amount I'd really want to win if I played, so I would understandably take the risk, especially with a 20% of recovering the £10,000 from Box 23 if it went wrong. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

Hawker5ive wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
*emerges*

*recedes*

Not really.

I honestly would've dealt at 5 box, Deal the DFKATBG if it was offered, take the SWAP, win the £50,000, and then NO DEAL Box 23. I know £10,000 is a lot to use, but £50,000 is considerably more than twice as useful than that to me, plus it is the amount I'd really want to win if I played, so I would understandably take the risk, especially with a 20% of recovering the £10,000 from Box 23 if it went wrong. :smt023

Due to previous events, I'm having some trouble believing that.

Also, what does DFKATBG stand for? I think there's an abbreviated swear word in there someplace, but I'm not too sure...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon
Global Moderator

Hawker5ive wrote:
Also, what does DFKATBG stand for? I think there's an abbreviated swear word in there someplace, but I'm not too sure...

Device Formerly Known as the Banker's Gamble. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:07 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

Hawker5ive wrote:

I already mentioned in a previous unedited post in this thread that despite the generosity of the 8 box offer, I wouldn't have dealt then as I wouldn't want to miss out on £50,000 by dealing a four figure offer on a stable board. However, after the stability of the board leaving the game in the 5th round and having the offer still go up by £2,000, I would gladly Deal at 5 box. Also, as my previous posts have shown, I am far more prone to take a risk on an all nothing finish than most on this forum. :smt023 Is that enough justification for you? :roll:

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:14 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

Hawker5ive wrote:

I already mentioned in a previous unedited post in this thread that despite the generosity of the 8 box offer, I wouldn't have dealt then as I wouldn't to miss out on £50,000 by dealing a four figure offer on a stable board. However, after the stability of the board leaving the game in the 5th round and having the offer still go up by £2,000, I would gladly Deal at 5 box. Also, as my previous posts have shown, I am far more prone to take a risk on an all nothing finish than most on this forum. :smt023 Is that enough justification for you? :roll:

Works for me. I wonder if it works for others.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:29 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon
Forum Games Moderator

why not just call it...

the banker's gamble

BG

simple logic

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

Skyline wrote:
why not just call it...

the banker's gamble

BG

simple logic

I call it The Original Extra Element In The Game That People Really Shouldn't Take Because It Could Potentially Destroy Their Lives.

TOEEITGTPRSTBICPDTL for short.

I like my abbreviation better.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:30 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon
Forum Games Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
*emerges*

*recedes*

*emerges*

I'm only 4,000 miles away, Ben, no need to shout...I can hear you just fine, sadly... :smt009

*recedes*

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Leon

Interesting decision at 2-box today. 2 gambles on offer, one big money one taking the Banker's Gamble or a smaller one which would have been no dealing the BG and then dealing box 23 and most people would have taken at least one of the gambles.

Ironic that (excluding swaps) taking neither gamble would have been the best course of action in hindsight.

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]