Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:15 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 11:15 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:56 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
I wouldn't say it was a Spanking Noel. I'd call it an IOPW. :smt023 But that's just as good. :smt023

Surely it says something though that the only 'OPWs' we've had so far this year have been courtesy of Box 23, and not from regular gameplay. :ponder: :smt011

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:59 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

Archstered wrote:
Now that was amazing to see in the studio. I cried!

That's becoming a bit of a problem, bud. Dial it back 10 per cent, and then park it. It's for your own good.

The Box of Awkwardness turns a failure situation into a technical win. Five dollars is nothing, but $10,005 is good money.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:00 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash
Forum Games Moderator

Now that's the way to end it :-D

Now... what does IOPW stand for...?

Indirect OPW?
Inorganic OPW?
Insolent OPW?
Inspiring OPW?

I'm stuck.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

Hawker5ive wrote:
Archstered wrote:

That's becoming a bit of a problem, bud. Dial it back 10 per cent, and then park it. It's for your own good.

The Box of Awkwardness turns a failure situation into a technical win. Five dollars is nothing, but $10,005 is good money.

Just because I have a heart that isn't made of stone.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:04 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash
Global Moderator

Skyline wrote:
Now that's the way to end it :-D

Now... what does IOPW stand for...?

Indirect OPW?
Inorganic OPW?
Insolent OPW?
Inspiring OPW?

I'm stuck.

Irregular OPW. I invented the term a few years ago to describe an OPW achieved via a DFKATBG, an extra offer, or some other extra twist. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:09 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

Archstered wrote:
Hawker5ive wrote:
Archstered wrote:

I've got one too, but I think you're just a bit too into this show. Remember our discussion from last week? If not, go back and re-read it.

Park it.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:17 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

Hawker5ive wrote:
Archstered wrote:
Hawker5ive wrote:
Archstered wrote:

I've got one too, but I think you're just a bit too into this show. Remember our discussion from last week? If not, go back and re-read it.

Park it.

I can't help being an emotional wreck. Af course I'm too into this show, I'm part of a fansite forum.. just like you...

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:28 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash
Forum Games Moderator

MORE ANAGRAMS

ATAAMMMGAN!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:44 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

PTKFGS

A.K.A., what some people who read this forum say or do when reading some of the posts here.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

8-box was an interesting configuration today. A double 2-box game and knowing that taking out the £5 would get you at least £750 (although in the end it was on the table so that was an impossibility) might counteract the fact that it was tough to get a lot more at 5-box on that board.

Arguments about whether you might take £750 at 2-box to make the double option of Box 23 worthwhile.

But enough about the tactics of the game - a lovely ending to a game (and the kind of finish that the producers must have been hoping for when a game crashes)

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:12 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

At the end of the day, she took the most money out of the game. Therefore it was an OPW.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

Simon F wrote:
8-box was an interesting configuration today. A double 2-box game and knowing that taking out the £5 would get you at least £750 (although in the end it was on the table so that was an impossibility) might counteract the fact that it was tough to get a lot more at 5-box on that board.

Arguments about whether you might take £750 at 2-box to make the double option of Box 23 worthwhile.

But enough about the tactics of the game - a lovely ending to a game (and the kind of finish that the producers must have been hoping for when a game crashes)

Tactically, the banker would've been better offering £1,500 there in the end to her, as she probably wouldn't have risked even that on box 23, regarding it as a decent consolation and something of a lucky escape after beating herself up about declining £6,000... :|

Still, they understandably wanted the chance of a more feel-good result than that! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

Joel wrote:
At the end of the day, she took the most money out of the game. Therefore it was an OPW.

But dealing at 8-box, 5-box or 2-box and then dealing box 23 would have got her more money out of game.

I think like things like hyposwaps, we'll just have to agree that people will have differing opinions and there's no point arguing about definitions every time they happen.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

Simon F wrote:
Joel wrote:

But dealing at 8-box, 5-box or 2-box and then dealing box 23 would have got her more money out of game.

I think like things like hyposwaps, we'll just have to agree that people will have differing opinions and there's no point arguing about definitions every time they happen.

For spreadsheet purposes, we probably have to be a bit 'harsh' about it, and look at the maximum they could've had in the game, even if at times this wouldn't be utility-viable to most players (or indeed us!).

I think we could call it an "Illusionary Spanking" in these instances, actually! :lol:

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:38 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

StatsMan wrote:
Simon F wrote:
Joel wrote:

For spreadsheet purposes, we probably have to be a bit 'harsh' about it, and look at the maximum they could've had in the game, even if at times this wouldn't be utility-viable to most players (or indeed us!).

I think we could call it an "Illusionary Spanking" in these instances, actually! :lol:

Hogwild has already given it a name, which I think is viable :smt023

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:51 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

Didn't notice that, was just thinking about it myself. Weird I came up with another 'I' though...! :eyes:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:47 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 21/01 Tash

That was certainly the best game you could possibly get with someone like Tash in the chair (keeping in mind she would've dealt Lily's 2nd offer ;) ). Well played, Tash, and a VERY deserved Banker Spanking. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]