Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:50 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:50 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Well that was just completely unlucky. :( :smt009

Now I surely suspect we'll definitely not see any more risk takings for weeks. :smt011

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

cfd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:54 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie

Noel says it's one of DONDs cruelest finishes.

Jamie says thanks for having him, he appreciates the experience, and wishes well to the other players.

The end!

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:54 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie
Forum Games Moderator

Oh well. He still has his health. :-D

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie

Well he would have kept box 17 to the end, so had he played yesterday, it had the £50,000 and a much better result than today.

Last edited by Mark on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie
Global Moderator

Thank you cfd for covering that. :smt023

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:56 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie

Ladies and gentlemen, the game show equivalent of a bloodbath.

The Battle of Deal took place, and boy was it ever lost.

Don't expect Box 23 to be opened again for some time, and for the cautious factor to hit record highs.

Absolute rubbish.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:01 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie
Global Moderator

Hawker5ive wrote:
Don't expect Box 23 to be opened again for some time, and for the cautious factor to hit record highs.

Now that I do agree with. After two totally undeserved trainwrecks which pretty much no-one else on the wings would've had, I have a feeling we won't be seeing anyone make it beyond 5-box for a while either. :smt011

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:08 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie

Also expect some more '2013' deals again. :roll:

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie
International Forums Moderator

A very lucky Banker escape there. Wow.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:07 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie

The only consolation, if there is one, is that Jamie could have had
£20,000 or more and picked Box 23.

Given that most of the contestants that pick Box 23 will be blue winners the four options other than £10,000 will be fairly meaningless.
In which case Box 23 needs to have two options that give hope, at least for low blue winners otherwise it makes a mockery of three of them being red (double, 10K and money back) when in reality only one really is.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie

If he did win the £20k then there is no way in hell he'd have gone for Box 23!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:07 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie

Rather cruel game that. I did know that Jamie did go away with nothing before watching today's game (from comments from later games this week which I was in audience for) but didn't know the circumstances.

It was actually more painful to swap away the £20k (and every decision upto and including that one, I couldn't really criticise) than to go away with nothing (although it has a stigma that wouldn't have been present had say he found the half).

Wonder if Noel will start mentioning how members of the NOTHING club there are from now on.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:19 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie
Forum Games Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:

/define

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:28 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie

Skyline wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

/define

Deals for for about half the board's value just to avoid the (usually small) chance of disaster. :roll: :smt011

After yesterday's and today's games, I expect nothing short of a repeat of July 2013 only without a game like Marlene's. :x In fact, I'll probably be quoting this in a week's time.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:54 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie
Forum Games Moderator

I see. Vintage 2013.

Don't let it get to you, ACB... I know DoND has some rather bad months. It's the game of life DoND. We just have to live with it. But with a nadir, comes a peak! The sine function eventually goes from -1 to 1, after all.

...then back to -1 again. That's depressing. Image

... then once again back to 1! :-D

...then

I'll stop now. Before I kill the joke any further. :roll: :smt011

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:14 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 08/01 Jamie
Forum Games Moderator

bluewater wrote:
I have not watch Deal or no deal for a more than a year, so I see a number of changes to the show.

Two years and three months away - welcome back bluewater! :D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]