Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The Banker says love is more powerful than belief.

Banker's offer would've been:

£870

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily

That's 51p under the FD, NO DEAL! :lol:

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily
Global Moderator

Noel reveals £750 in Lily's Box 20.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily
Global Moderator

Box 4 with Gwyn contains the £1,000.

Lily thanks everyone for their support.

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:56 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily

:D Great victory for Lily and well deserved although if the banker was trying to win he has only himself to blame for making such absurdly generous offers! :shock:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:04 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily
Global Moderator

Great game with a great result! :smt023

Good thing that 8-box gamble paid off too; had she hit the £250,000 as well, the wings would've become completely opposed to risk taking.

Uncertain if it will encourage some more risk-taking though; as soon as we get something that may do so (Pat's win), it seems to be very quickly cancelled out (Pip's crash). We shall have to wait and see.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:07 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily

Excellent game, Lily. :smt023 You played the game how it SHOULD be played, making it clear to the Banker he won't get you out with a super-derisory offer and then No Dealing when the board is in your favor but dealing when it starts to turn against you. :smt023 :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:56 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily

Just the antidote we needed after yesterday. £20k was a very generous offer at 5-box as I was actually reckoning that there would only be a small increase at best on that configuration (the fact that Noel actually said she would need to keep the top 2 in play to 5-box to get a big increase attests to that - just a shame that the 36% chance of keeping the top 2 in play from 8-box to 5-box isn't mentioned at all given how relevant a probability it is to a lot of games)

kayjay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:42 pm    Author: kayjay    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily

Most enjoyable game today - thank you.
Just had a look at her cakes website - they are totally amazing.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:35 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily

a great game with a brave no deal that paid off and was suitably rewarded. That 5 box offer was pretty much a no brainer for me - £20k in a one box game? Thank you very much Mr Banker

Have to say Lily's telephone cake looked amazing too

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:49 am    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily

Mark wrote:
Banker is going to pitch this offer just right...

£4,999?

Come on Mark, it was never going to be that low. Especially after the bravery she showed when turning down the previous offer.

20K was a ridiculously high amount for The Banker to offer.

I reckon she would've dealt if he'd offered 10K.

I can't say I've watched every minute of Deal in the past week but it seems to me that Sheila's been a lot quieter and less animated since she stitched Pip up last week by more or less telling him to open her box, which contained 100K.

I wonder if the other players had a word with her after that incident.

Last edited by FergusSiraLexon on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:03 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 19/11 Lily
Forum Games Moderator

A great game to read through, but £20,000? Crikey Moses alive, I was out at the click of a finger by that point! As, I believe, was every rational human being on Earth or indeed in the entirety of Space! :shock: :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]