Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:39 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 1:39 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:50 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 12/08 Paddy

Warnings: 0
I saw some rumours on Twitter, and I watched the same video on YouTube that many of you did. I dismissed them as bunk initially. I thought the show was leading us down the garden path yet again.

But then, I followed this thread during the game. I thought, "Maybe it's all true. Maybe the show isn't messing with our heads for once."

And in the end, no one's head was messed with. It WAS true and it DID happen. Paddy remained incredibly calm throughout the whole ordeal, and now, he takes his place in the annals of Deal or No Deal history as the first male quarter-millionaire, and also the youngest person to pull off the feat.

Someone here - KP? - asked "What's next?" The thing is, there's only three things left that we have yet to see. One of them is a first-offer exit, but I doubt that'll ever happen because first offers are usually designed not to be dealt.

Another thing that hasn't happened yet is Noel playing the game for charity during a celebrity special, with, say, Jimmy Carr hosting. Everyone knows about the things Noel says to contestants during their games, so wouldn't it be interesting if he were to sit in the chair and practice what he preached? Other international versions have had special shows where the host played for charity while a celebrity hosted, so why not have that here?

And that brings me to the third thing. We've yet to see a celebrity quarter-millionaire. Think of how ecstatic some charity would be if they received that amount of money. It would be truly wonderful.

But all things considered, Paddy played a great game. The Banker was mailing it in with his offers, and when that happens, the contestants usually see right through it and land the mega money as a result. That's pretty much what Paddy did, and he's a richer man for the experience.

Congrats once again to Paddy, and enjoy the money :).

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:54 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/08 Paddy

Hawker5ive wrote:
And that brings me to the third thing. We've yet to see a celebrity quarter-millionaire. Think of how ecstatic some charity would be if they received that amount of money. It would be truly wonderful.

The exact same thing went through my mind when Louis Walsh played (he was in active play at 2-box with it still in play).

Though as there hadn't been a normal male contestant do it, I thought it would be not right if the first MQM was a celebrity, though now that's obviously changed.

For the reocrd, I was dying for him to deal £70k and have £3k in his box. Otherwise it meant either he lost £67k, or Mark would go out of control if he sold the biggie being the other possibilities. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/08 Paddy

James1978 wrote:
Simon F wrote:
As Archie mentioned before, all we need now is a QM winner over the age of 50 - OAP's beware Noel's rhetoric from now on.

Forget 50 - nobody over 25 has even done it! :)

Who is the oldest QM winner we've had?

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:47 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 12/08 Paddy

Simon F wrote:
James1978 wrote:
Simon F wrote:
As Archie mentioned before, all we need now is a QM winner over the age of 50 - OAP's beware Noel's rhetoric from now on.

Forget 50 - nobody over 25 has even done it! :)

Who is the oldest QM winner we've had?

Methinks it's Laura...

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:27 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 12/08 Paddy

I think it was Laura actually. She was 24, Alice was 23 and Suzanne was also 23 I think. Tegen and Nong were both younger.

On the subject of Laura, she was also in E4, meaning that the first man and woman to win the £250k were both from the same wing position! Plus Paddy's surname is Roberts, the same as Tegen - potentially the luckiest surname to have on the show?

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/08 Paddy

Even better - just have Noel rant at any player over the age of 25 - that's a far bigger percentage of players than the 50% of those who are male

kayjay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:13 pm    Author: kayjay    Post subject: Re: 12/08 Paddy

I had that game completely ruined for me by dealornodeal.co.uk sending me an email the following day with "You could win £250 like Paddy - apply now" in the subject line.
I was away for a few days and like to catch up in strict order on 4oD. I don't even like to know if the player is male or female in advance. On viewing this forum I am always very careful scrolling down the commentary box so as not to see the next player/s name and more importantly the number of pages in the thread - which can also be a big giveaway.
I was incandesant with rage and will be unsubscribing pronto.
Once I have calmed down I may watch again and perhaps enjoy!
Well done Paddy, fantastic gameplay and win - ENJOY xx

[ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]