Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

Warnings: 0
I will withhold commentary on the "game," lest my old Mad Mark persona rear his ugly head again.

Ryan West intrigues me. Methinks there is more to his story than we know. I follow him on the Twitter machine strictly for comedic value.

So, based on what you lot are saying, he was actually a contestant on the show for a short time? And if so, when and how long was he on for? I thought he was just a regular or semi-regular pilgrim.

We've seen some contestants leave the show for personal reasons, and some eventually returned. But there's something different about Mr. West. It seems he may have been asked to leave instead of doing so on his own accord. But that's only speculation.

Question for everyone: To your knowledge, in the nearly eight-year history of this program, has a contestant ever been asked to leave the show for some reason? Or would Mr. West be the first?

This is, admittedly, both strange and intriguing. Part of me thinks that there is controversy afoot.

I think we'd all like some answers about this sooner than later.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:50 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

CJ in September 2007 was dropped from the show after 8 games for apparently being rude to other contestants (some of whom posted on here at the time).

A contestant called Yvonne appeared on the wings in July 2009 for 3 shows at the end of season 4, but had disappeared without explanation when the show returned a month later.

There was a rumour posted on here once that sometime during the first two seasons, a player was sent home for behaviour reasons the day they arrived, and they never made it to screen.

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:54 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

Hawker5ive wrote:
So, based on what you lot are saying, he was actually a contestant on the show for a short time? And if so, when and how long was he on for? I thought he was just a regular or semi-regular pilgrim.

He was a contestant for 8 shows then disappeared for one or two shows. The show after, he was replaced by Paddy.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:56 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

Okay, so past history shows that this kind of thing did happen before. That answers part of my question.

But the other part is why Mr. West left - or was dropped - from the show. What's up with that? If he were truly dropped, I could understand why he's tweeting about game results. He'd be doing it out of spite.

This has been going on for at least a few months now. I am as curious about Mr. West and his history as all of you are.

Once again, when was he on, and why did he disappear? Surely someone must know.

The plot thickens.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:00 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

He was on between the end of June and start of July. He was missing from Charley's game - no explanation was given by Noel as to why - and then in the next game, Paddy was there.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

Hawker5ive wrote:
Ryan West intrigues me. Methinks there is more to his story than we know. I follow him on the Twitter machine strictly for comedic value.

What's his twitter id?

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:32 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

RyanWest1990

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

well a lot of those posts certainly seems like sour grapes. Its one thing to read his twitter but totally different to post on here. I think that anyone posting sly spoilers on here should reflect on their actions. :smt075

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

Going back on topic (my "don't feed the trolls" ethic definitely applies here), you have to put that down to horrible luck. Some people might have Jolene down as a greedy player but there was enough justification for taking the gamble at 4-box today if you weren't in a position where you couldn't stand to lose £19k on a 25% disaster scenario.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:10 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene
Forum Games Moderator

That's Deal or No Deal.

:smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:31 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

Well, that was unlucky - a brave gamble, but by no means a foolish one, with only one box to open.

I'd only remembered about what Ryan had said on Twitter after the game, my views on him are well publicised on there so I won't go into that... I'm just relieved I managed to catch Marlene's game live and therefore unspoilt by him.

An observation I can make is that the 1st pilgrim game of my visit, on 7 July, was the edition with the 'player-less' box - I'm fairly sure something was said about a contestant 'falling ill' to not arouse suspicion, but of course nothing to that effect made the edit so it's tricky to recall...

What intrigues me further is that this was the afternoon recording on the Monday, therefore Ryan was removed in the MIDDLE of a filming day, and at the start of a filming week. So, whatever situation occurred, it seems to have escalated that particular day. And judging by his abrasive manner on Twitter, it's not that difficult to speculate...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

It's a shame Jolene had the guts to play the game but wasn't rewarded for it. Oh well, at least she was only the first person this year to No Deal with the £250k in play at 5 box and not keep it to 2 box.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:48 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

...And only the second person this year to win 1p! It's almost prestigious again! :bluelol

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:28 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

My choice word was used towards Ryan and Not Simon by the way!

Thought we'd clear that up!

Anyway.. off topic! :-D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:58 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

1p? Prestigious? When over 40 people have won it, it's not prestigious anymore. It's more like getting a kick to the face. That's as far away from prestigious as you can get.

kayjay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 am    Author: kayjay    Post subject: Re: 09/08 Jolene

BankerSpanker wrote:
ROUND 1

Box 2 NEWBIE Frank - £15,000
Box 12 Sam - £250
Jolene says Paddy has had the £250k three times in 8 games.

Box 21 Paddy - £10
Box 20 Gemma - £20,000
Box 9 Ian - £35,000 :?

Banker time...

what she actually said was "do you know in 8 games that has had the quarter million in 3 times"
meaning the box not Paddy???

I also seem to remember a young girl with longish fair hair being "removed" after a few games.
I think her name was Amy.

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]