Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:29 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:29 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:02 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

Warnings: 0
Ironic that it was a Fireman, who by their nature show bravery in their job, who had the bravery that Noel craves. I didn't take him for an OHO either, I think he may have got the Red Mist at the end.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:07 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

A player is brave and then crashes... Mind you, we've only had a handful of games recently when that attitude would have paid off. Drought of big money at the table continuing there.

For all that Noel goes on about firefighters taking lots of money from the banker, I'm sure the actual number of firefighters getting big wins isn't actually all that high. There was a long run of them on the wings a few years back and I'm pretty sure most won blues or 4-figure sums!

For Tel, he probably got a bit too caught up in the heat of the moment :(

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

At least he does have a holiday from the Dealfest specials! :D

Fan of classic rock and metal

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

It's a shame Noel didn't remind him about that actually, that may have cheered him up a bit! Mind you, maybe that contributed to his 5-box decision - he already knew he wasn't going home with peanuts...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:14 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9
Global Moderator

Ah, that's a good point.

Mind you, already having £1,000 from a previous show didn't stop Paulina dealing the third offer.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:15 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

He mentioned the holiday at the start but never said about it again at the end. Or that may have been taken out in editing if Noel did say anything about it.

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9
International Forums Moderator

Think we can pretty much discredit any FMQM rumours that relate to anyone in this 22 after that one, barring a massive deus ex machina a là Alice's undeal (plausible, given the show's desperate ratings difficulties already being apparent when these were filmed).

The previous few weeks' contestants will be pointing to that and going "see?".

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:17 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

All you people criticizing cautious gameplay now have two days of players playing to the end. The result? Two blue wins. I don't see how these two games are at all better than any of the deals of the past couple months.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:46 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Hopefully a NO DEAL after the break and a mega-money Deal at 5 box. That offer was a smaller percentage of the average than the last despite taking out the 1p and having a great round, so dealing it would be STUPID. :smt011 :smt019

Dealing 79% the benchmark and 86% the fair deal is not stupid. It also would have been a banker spanking.

MsM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:05 pm    Author: MsM    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

Saperogo wrote:
All you people criticizing cautious gameplay now have two days of players playing to the end. The result? Two blue wins. I don't see how these two games are at all better than any of the deals of the past couple months.

100% agree with you.

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:12 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

KP wrote:
Think we can pretty much discredit any FMQM rumours that relate to anyone in this 22 after that one

It does seem unlikely that we're on the verge of seeing another £250K winner after today's game but Ryan's other spoilers came true and he's still going on about you know who winning the big one all these weeks on.

I hope I'm wrong but I think there's a very good chance he's telling the truth.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

A series of calculated no deals that didn't deserve to hit the 10% nightmare round at the end. Even keeping one of the medium reds with a blue would have been a nice consolation for taking the calculated gamble but it wasn't to be.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:39 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Tel - First show of Season 9

Much as I suspect Tel got a does of the red fever there, that was still cruel bad luck in the final round. If he could have kept just one red in play he would have probably got a respectable bailout offer, but it was not to be. It's all very well being brave but it doesn't guuarantee big money

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]