Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

Warnings: 0
Yes, a very deserved TPW. :D She made it clear to the Banker that she was not going to Deal his horrible offers, forcing him to raise the offer £7,000 at 5 box despite losing the top of the game in the previous round. Great dealing, Rachel. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:59 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

American Coupon Boy wrote:
So, will Rachel Deal at the 3rd offer or be "brave" by recent contestant standards and march on to Deal the 4th? :roll: :roll: :roll:

WRONG! :D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

And Nathan advised her to deal £7k? :roll:

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:59 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel
Global Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
She made it clear to the Banker that she was not going to Deal his horrible offers

She was actually very nervous about going on at £10,000.

In fact, I think she might have dealt if the banker hadn't admitted he was being cheap.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:30 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel
Forum Games Moderator

Errrrrrrr........meh.

Didn't watch, and the commentary didn't get me going. That's nothing against our commentator for today obviously, I meant the description of the show.
But you knew that anyway....not feeling 100% at present. Temporary lull, normal service resumed soon. :smt023

Fair decision to deal at £17,000, which I did think was a fair enough offer.

Nothing is luring me back yet though; that's because we've seen how many games very similar to this? A lot. The same as 99% of games....everything's happened before, for the most part. The allure is gone.

On a positive note - we have had a lot of memorable games, for many different reasons. Not sure this is one of them, but it's in the middle of a pretty poor era for the show, and probably its final stutter at that. I don't like how we're going out with a whimper, though. DoND is a fantastic show (was); it deserves more than this in its last year or so.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:37 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

norwichdonder wrote:
Wow. I loved the build up to the opening of box 16. Noel was almost finished with his scripted verse and she appears to change her mind. The look on his face (whether acting or not) was priceless.

Nothing Noel says is scripted.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:20 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

Archstered wrote:
norwichdonder wrote:
Wow. I loved the build up to the opening of box 16. Noel was almost finished with his scripted verse and she appears to change her mind. The look on his face (whether acting or not) was priceless.

Unlike other game shows where it is.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

5-box offer was one where neither decision was really wrong and for once the proveout offer was a little inflated (I'd have expected £26k to be honest).

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:20 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

Archstered wrote:
norwichdonder wrote:

Scripted as in, the expected build up to the winger opening the box. i.e. telling the winger what we mustn't see etc etc. He had just completed that spiel and she then went to change her mind. That just isn't something we often see. Anyway, doesn't he get prompted through his earpiece? I always think of the shopping channels with the producer barking prompts into the presenters earpiece.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:06 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

norwichdonder wrote:
Archstered wrote:
norwichdonder wrote:

Scripted as in, the expected build up to the winger opening the box. i.e. telling the winger what we mustn't see etc etc. He had just completed that spiel and she then went to change her mind. That just isn't something we often see. Anyway, doesn't he get prompted through his earpiece? I always think of the shopping channels with the producer barking prompts into the presenters earpiece.

The only time the director speaks to Noel through his earpiece, is when they are going to a ad break, if he has forgotten to open the final box, and if he is in the way of a camera shot.

That's why, Noel always holds the phone to the other ear from where his earpiece is.

But apart from that, no script. All improvised!

simes188

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:15 pm    Author: simes188    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

Archstered wrote:
norwichdonder wrote:

Erm, doesn't he read the contestants details on a card which is on the Pound Table

Saperogo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

Well, if you ignore the things Noel says that are scripted, then the only things left are unscripted. But that's just a tautology.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:04 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

Well that's the longest the big money has stuck around in a while even if it still didn't come to the table.

An interesting 5 box deal for me because while the offer may be financially fair, psychologically having 3 boxes higher than that offer makes it far more tempting than if it had been £20k (or if the £20k box had been say £15k). In the end there may have been another round in it but Rachel still made a sound decision

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:14 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

Archstered wrote:

The only time the director speaks to Noel through his earpiece, is when they are going to a ad break, if he has forgotten to open the final box, and if he is in the way of a camera shot.

That's why, Noel always holds the phone to the other ear from where his earpiece is.

But apart from that, no script. All improvised!

Thanks for the info! I'm sure someone has added all that to the dond database.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:35 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 17/07 Rachel

Rachel definitely made the right deal for herself there, although she was clearly a little too overwhelmed by the occasion.

Nathan the newbie should probably be glad there was all the fuss with James being thrown out; I'd have expected Noel to be comically outraged at what he was wearing (fluorescent yellow trousers?! Really?!).

None of the current players have seen a player bring more than £10k to the table - is that a first?

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]