Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:28 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 9:28 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam

Warnings: 0
Hawker5ive wrote:
Why does this always happen? Is it not too much to ask for a deal to be vindicated for a change?

ACB and Mark, you do realize that you have zero respect from anyone around here, right?

ACB was tamer today than he has been lately, although several of his posts have been edited. The kid needs to learn to not say the first thing that comes to mind since it tends to be offensive.

Mark is so much tamer now than he was a year ago. I was reading threads from back then and his comments were absolutely nonsensical. I'm happy with where Mark is at now, since this is probably the best we can expect out of him.

For the record, bringing back OH DEAR from anyone is not desirable. I found it highly despicable when a £75,000 deal was OH DEAR'd when the contestant had £100,000 in the box. Just keep sight of the fact that contestants are playing for MONEY, not for a high score.

Now, for today's game - it's astonishing how two consecutive games can be so similar: 8-box configurations with £250k and small reds, deals with only one amount higher, perfect round proveouts, £250,000 in the box, and people everywhere raging about the missed opportunity. Just keep sight of the fact that contestants are playing for MONEY, not for a high score.

Similar to what I said yesterday, anyone that complains about today's game owes me £19,022. :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam
International Forums Moderator

Oh dear... oh dear...

...another game that came out in a way that was going to make almost anyone who played it look like a fool...

...oh dear... oh dear...

Still, at least she got a comfortably above-average result. I'm not convinced she'd have made it to 5-box but for yesterday either, given her reaction after the 8-box ND. Glad that worked for her, at least.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:18 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam

I was actually there for Sam's game

Sam was absolutely adorable and I wish her and Gareth all the best for the future

Had a chat with her and Gareth after coming out of the studio, but it was only brief as security was ushering everyone away from the studio exit

Said to her to enjoy the money and she said with a giggle "Thank you I'll try"

So a contrast of games for my latest pilgrimages, as I was there to see Roy's game and ALMOST saw history made, and then at Jeff's game where history WAS made albeit for the wrong reasons

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:59 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam

Saperogo wrote:
Hawker5ive wrote:
Why does this always happen? Is it not too much to ask for a deal to be vindicated for a change?

ACB and Mark, you do realize that you have zero respect from anyone around here, right?

ACB was tamer today than he has been lately, although several of his posts have been edited. The kid needs to learn to not say the first thing that comes to mind since it tends to be offensive.

For the record, bringing back OH DEAR from anyone is not desirable. I found it highly despicable when a £75,000 deal was OH DEAR'd when the contestant had £100,000 in the box. Just keep sight of the fact that contestants are playing for MONEY, not for a high score.

First of all, Hawker5ive, I do respect the opinions of people on this forum. I just don't appreciate it when people base their decisions mostly on hindsight, which you undoubtedly did even under your new name (you claimed you would've dealt £999 in Rueben's game but you would've declined £31,000 on a 2 blues/£20k/£35k/£250k 5 box in Roy's game and went on to take the £100,000 he did). I admit, I do take things a little far at times, but I do that accidentally in the heat of the moment and apologize when I do.

Also, Saperogo, I mainly edit my comments because of grammatical mistakes I make when I initially post it. It's very hard to write posts perfectly when you need to type them fast to keep up the commentary, and I do my best to correct the mistakes I make so that the commentary doesn't look sloppy to those reading it. Concerning the OH DEAR thing, unlike 2012 Mark I would only post that if a contestant sold the jackpot through a very cautious Deal, such as if Sam dealt at 11 box or 8 box. I would never antagonize Deals like Belinda's from last January, as the offer she dealt a life-changing sum that was a very good offer for the board (84% of the average) that very understandably she did not ant to risk.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam

Double ouch. Only comfort is she went at 5-box today and not at 8-box.

Knowing the show, we'll probably get a sensible gamble going horribly wrong soon.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:20 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam
Global Moderator

Anyone know the odds of the £250,000 being on the table again tomorrow?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Joel

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam

hogwild94 wrote:
Anyone know the odds of the £250,000 being on the table again tomorrow?

I believe it's 1 in 10648

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:37 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam
Forum Games Moderator

1 in 22.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:40 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Sam

The odds of the £250,000 being on the table tomorrow is 1 in 22.

The odds of the £250,000 being on the table tomorrow given that it was on the table yesterday and today is 1 in 22.

The odds that the £250,000 will be on the table in three consecutive games without knowing in advance what will actually be on the table in each game is 1 in 22^3 = 10648.

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]